Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

NORD : We are ready for NAMM Show 2015

EdMusic

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.lecker-nudelsalat.de/nord-stage-3-2015/

More "insider" rumors; Google Translate says:

After the Nord Stage EX the Nord Stage 2 came and now it will be so far back in December , then Clavia will say that at the Namm Show 2015, the Nord Stage 3 for the first time presented to the public . I can and can not say from what source I have this information, I would endanger the work of a friend here . I assure , however, they are more than hot!

Most essential distinguishing feature , the Nord Stage 3 now has 3 slots . However, this significant difference suggests to book with almost 700 euro list price and thus beyond the Clavia 4Tausender brand. Well, that makes Yamaha keyboards with plastic too, but for Clavia a powerful step up. The other new features are also more than useful , but this is the biggest differentiator.

Furthermore, samples can now be accessed via the piano section . Thus, it is the Nord Stage 3 possible to play on the piano section a sample and the Synthsektion this to inferior , for example, with a pad without having to use another slot for it.

Continue to be controlled by another button on the amount of effect ( reverb) for each instrument. However, it remains a reverb type for everything. Also, the compressor remains unchanged, as I had hoped to be able to adjust these different for the slots. Not quite sure is the information that sounds can be assigned to a certain velocity range now . Some small additional changes there will be , but are not quite as much .

The drawbar for organ section is there , for example, in the Nord Stage .

As the new street price will be, is not yet known . The list price of the Nord Stage 3 with 88s keyboard is then in March 2015 - the earliest delivery date - are Euro - in 4150 . Presumably, he ends up in the store then for 3950, - Euro . Sounds like a lot , but is everything a keyboard needs . As for the '73 , it could be that this is no longer offered but version 3 . The final determination , however, this is not.

Clavia does everything right and it remains

1x Nord Stage III please

and ready!

Kurzweil PC4-7, Studiologic Numa X 73

I have never been on fan of the Nord pricing. Perhaps that is necessary to keep a small company going, I don't know.

I have been a bit critical of their organs in the past. On the last version I played of the C2 or C2D ( the one with drawbars) I noticed some unusually loud percussion tones. I have heard similar levels on certain Hammonds that were out of adjustment. So it was perplexing to me that they may have used an out of adjustment organ to sample.

For the money I have also not been wild about the pianos, but I hope that will change. I always preferred the Yamaha CP33 sample and now the CP-4. But I know there are people here who like the versatility of the Nord Stage. I just could never justify the cost.

One of my favorite things they ever did was that they got pretty close to the sound of the original Wurlitzer EP in the Electro. I also liked the concept of the Electro overall. But when I bought one many years ago, I was surprised to learn that I couldn't change the split point on the organ. The default one was located in the middle of the board.

Long story short is that I don't see a Nord in my future. I am actually hoping that Casio ups their ante in the next few years and gives us something comparable to the Nord stage at a ridiculous price.

I have been a bit critical of their organs in the past. On the last version I played of the C2 or C2D ( the one with drawbars) I noticed some unusually loud percussion tones. I have heard similar levels on certain Hammonds that were out of adjustment. So it was perplexing to me that they may have used an out of adjustment organ to sample.

Nord organs are not sampled, neither are any of the other modern clonewheels. They are modelled.

Moe

---

... Presumably, he ends up in the store then for 3950, - Euro . Sounds like a lot , but is everything a keyboard needs .

No, he says it is everything a "keyboarder" needs,- which means "what a keyboardplayer needs".

I´d say, he´s wrong !

Clavia does everything right ...

:roll:

O.k.,- all coming from whom ?

From a unknown german keyboardplayer-NORD-fanboy working in a shitty party band w/ the SILLY name "Lecker Nudelsalat" (delicious pasta- or, possibly better,- macaroni-salad) no one knows here and over the pond where you are.

Better wait for NAMM and see.

When the new NORD Stage will cost over EUR 4K,- well, they will have to do a damn lot right this time,- and up to now, they never did it right for me at all.

A.C.

If it is announced at Winter NAMM, when does it ship? I'm not familiar with how this usually works.

Life is subtractive.
Genres: Jazz, funk, pop, Christian worship, BebHop
Wishlist: 80s-ish (synth)pop, symph pop, prog rock, fusion, musical theatre
Gear: NS2 + JUNO-G. KingKORG. SP6 at church.

How come all the Nord threads are taking bizarre turns lately.

Red overload - Nord plus Xmas decorations equals outbreak of foot in mouth disease?

A misguided plumber attempting to entertain | MainStage 3 | Axiom 61 2nd Gen | Pianoteq | B5 | XK3c | EV ZLX 12P

But when I bought one many years ago, I was surprised to learn that I couldn't change the split point on the organ. The default one was located in the middle of the board.

You don't state which Electro you're referring to, however the NE2 and NE3 that I own both allow the upper/lower manual split point to be set freely. Even the NE1 could be upgraded to NE2 functionality with a free software update.

Perhaps you were not carrying-out the correction operation? On the NE3 this is hold the SHIFT + SPLIT buttons, then press the key corresponding to the desired split point. I haven't used the NE2 in years, but I expect the operation is similar.

Cheers,

James

x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.

i know it's apples and oranges, but if I had that sort of cash lying around spare, I think I'd rather have a Forte or an MP11.

SSM

Nord Stage is the most overrated and overpriced keyboard on the planet. It's ridiculous that the new generation will be even more expensive.

JMTC

Tom

LIFE IS SHORT, GO GET THE GEAR YOU WANT ;-)

Can't really understand why some folks would get so worked up over Nord's popularity. Probably the same people who rant at Apple and the iPhone.

I do like mine. Not interested in an upgrade at this time -- they're plenty good for what I do.

Want to make your band better?  Check out "A Guide To Starting (Or Improving!) Your Own Local Band"

i know it's apples and oranges, but if I had that sort of cash lying around spare, I think I'd rather have a Forte or an MP11.

SSM

Nord Stage is the most overrated and overpriced keyboard on the planet. It's ridiculous that the new generation will be even more expensive.

JMTC

Tom

The value of a keyboard is in part a function of what you pay for it, but much more so what you can leverage out of it. In that sense Nord may not be worth much to you, but to players who have been using it professionally for over 20 years, the purchase price is really a minor consideration.

Gigging: Crumar Mojo 61, Hammond SKPro

Home: Vintage Vibe 64

Archived