Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

cool new effects

27 minutes ago, surfergirl said:

Warm Audio ODD. 

https://youtu.be/xv0PLmxhX1Y

Sounds great!

27 minutes ago, surfergirl said:

Looks a lot like another overdrive pedal, which will go unnamed.

iC375Zy.jpg

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

11 hours ago, hurricane hugo said:

10 hours ago, Dannyalcatraz said:

Aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!  WANT!

(For no good reason.)

For very good reasons! I'm sure!

7 hours ago, Scott Fraser said:

It's a Deluxe Electric Mistress with a new name.

It is indeed. Even in this day and age, though, not everyone knows that Summers used one so extensively, often assuming it was one or another "chorus" pedal. This broadens that understanding, promotes the EHX Deluxe Electric Mistress in general, and trots out a run of these to cash in.

DEM's are classic and great! I don't know if I need to run out and get one or another- my old 1979 MXR M-117 Flanger, old "big box" AC-powered TC Electronic Stereo Chorus/Flanger + Pitch Modulator, and '80s MIJ Arion SFL-1 Stereo Flanger are no slouches in the flange and chorus camp. Still, if I really wanted to nail that sound, I might go for a DEM, or possibly one or another flanger from another maker that is based on the DEM, but possibly improved upon with lower noise, etc....

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Scott Fraser said:

I'm cured now, though, and will probably never use a flanger again.

😄

I’m another one who outgrew flangers.  Occasionally, I’ll use the ADA Jet flanger thing in a plug-in I have when recording, but that’s been about it.  However, I got a Strymon recently, and - besides (mainly) being a pretty kickass Phaser - it can also do a tasty variable combination of flanging and chorusing which can be dialed in with its VOICE knob. 🥰

dB

• Like 2

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

28 minutes ago, Dave Bryce said:

😄

I’m another one who outgrew flangers.  Occasionally, I’ll use the ADA Jet flanger thing in a plug-in I have when recording, but that’s been about it.  However, I got a Strymon recently, and - besides (mainly) being a pretty kickass Phaser - it can also do a tasty variable combination of flanging and chorusing which can be dialed in with its VOICE knob. 🥰

dB

I get all my modulation kicks these days from Leslie plugins. More organic & complex than flanging, chorusing, phasing, tremolo, or vibrato, while combining the best of all of them, along with overdrive as an added treat.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
Scott Fraser

1 hour ago, Scott Fraser said:

I get all my modulation kicks these days from Leslie plugins. More organic & complex than flanging, chorusing, phasing, tremolo, or vibrato, while combining the best of all of them, along with overdrive as an added treat.

I so hear that!  I have one of the Leslie preamp pedals that lets me route anything with a 1/4” jack through my 145, and I keep a distortion pedal along with a delay/reverb pedal in line on the way to the Leslie.  Drop a nice mic on that bad boy, and I’m good to go.

dB

• Like 4

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

In the 70s UREI marketed a device called the Cooper Time Cube. It was essentially exactly this, substituting garden hose for the PVC. Two fixed delay channels in a gray plywood box we kept under the console. Just like this plumbing device it sounded like crap.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
Scott Fraser

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, hurricane hugo said:

well, this sounds disgusting  💝💝💝💝:   https://www.industrialectric.com/store/p23/Thermionic_Actuator.html

PURE FILTH, I tell you!

• Like 4

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: âNinety percent of everything is crapâ

My FLMS- Murphy's Music in Irving, Tx

http://murphysmusictx.com/

Based on my experience having bought and LOVED an Origin Effects Halcyon Green Overdrive,

=IF=  I wanted/needed a Klon or good Klone, this Halcyon Gold Overdrive from Origin Effects would be very high on my list of such pedals to consider- probably one of only two, the other being a specific excellent DIY kit.  =IF=.  As it is, I'm in no hurry.

I love my OE HGOD; I have one other TS type, a Fulltone FD-3 Full-Drive3 dual-stomp, that is very, very excellent and versatile. The HGOD surpasses it overall, particularly for my specific wants, needs, and the way I use it. Between those two, I'll never have to think about another TS stylee again- that's covered, and then some. If this Halcyon Gold OD does as much for the Klone template as the HGOD does for TS types, it must be quite a pedal!

Origin Effects HALCYON GOLD OVERDRIVE  ( <- Link)

• Like 3

LOVE the demo music in this, as well as the examples of the Catalinbread FX40 Soft Focus Reverb pedal's sounds; takes me back, late '80s, early '90s, being in a particularly exquisite band, my heart aches for it all...

• Like 2
  • Wow! 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Dannyalcatraz said:

I’m a huge shoegaze fan.  This is REALLY calling to me!

Catalinbread: plotting to crack open my wallet since forever.

It's really calling to me, too. So much so, that I'm attempting to resist while planning other expenditures that are non-music-gear and not just for me- although Sweetwater Sound has a tempting reduced price offer on them through September 5th (on top of their usual free shipping, as well). Attempting to resist...

I think that you would have liked that band that I was in (I've mentioned them in PM's with you before). A bit of 'New Music', 'Shoegaze', and even elements of what was to be in 'Seattle Grunge', as I added bits of Classic Rock and Blues here and there. Predating the seeming overnight appearance of 'Grunge' on the world scene, looking back, we did seem to share some things with that (prior to that, a friend that had moved to Seattle in the late '80s had begun urging me to move out there and start a band with him, predicting that the  music scene there was on the verge of exploding and that I'd love it and fit right in!). And though I now find similarities between what we were doing and what I hear in some 'Shoegaze' bands, I had not even heard the term and  was only vaguely aware of just a few of those now counted in that genre.

Anyway, the Slowdive styled musical examples used in that demo-video for the Catalinbread Soft Focus really brought back some musical memories...  💫💖

• Like 3

Pretty much if it was shoegaze, I either bought it or at least listened to it.  Most of the ones I bought were on the dirtier side- My Bloody Valentine, Curve, Jesus & Mary Chain, etc.- but my favorite was Lush.

• Like 3

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: âNinety percent of everything is crapâ

My FLMS- Murphy's Music in Irving, Tx

http://murphysmusictx.com/