Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

cool new effects

The Mondegreen is another OBNE pedal, and the opposite of “new”.  I present it here because it IS a cool pedal, and the design is being retired.

• Like 1

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: âNinety percent of everything is crapâ

My FLMS- Murphy's Music in Irving, Tx

http://murphysmusictx.com/

• 2 weeks later...

5 hours ago, hurricane hugo said:

very responsive fuzz pedal. I'm impressed, and I rarely pay attention to any fuzz pedal.

Now, THAT'S what I'm talkin' about... !  :cool:  :rawk:

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

5 hours ago, Dannyalcatraz said:

Catalinbread just unleashed this:

Nice.  :cool: 

I usually much prefer Reverb > Tremolo, but that initial example of warbly "Showman Harmonic" Tremolo going into a wash of Reverb sounds sooo nice...

Here are the eight Programs that one can choose from (note the differing control functions in each):

8KyP6mn.jpg

• Like 2

Therein lies madness . . .

Couple of thoughts, watching this - First off, the website describes it as a DIY kit, but there are number of sites selling what appear to be completed units? I'd want to be sure which I was ordering, especially as they're not cheap. 

Second, it really wants to be part of a Modular Synth rig. All those CV I/O's on the top panel want to connect to something, and some functions are only available by patching in other CV devices; your Guitar won't do anything useful with those jacks.

There are a number of true Analog and Virtual Analog Synths that feature Audio In jacks, which will allow you to process your Guitar through some of the Synth's functions, particularly the Filter Section, and any onboard effects. In that regard, you're not turning your Guitar into a Synth, you're just using parts of the Synth as an effects Processor.

If you're curious about the Roland TB-303 he keeps referring to, check out the Behringer TD-3-SR. It's a clone of the original, at a fraction of the absurd prices for an original, vintage model. ($129.99 for the Behringer at Sweetwater, versus $2,500+, wherever one turns up.) BTW, you CAN'T patch your Guitar through the TD-3-SR. The original TB-303 was a Groovebox, arguably the UR-Groovebox, but IMHO, $130 is a fair price for how it sounds.

Final note - Banana plugs allow you to stack plugs, so you can have one CV Out, say an LFO Out, controlling more than one CV In, let's say Osc1 Pitch, and Filter Frequency, so you get Pitch Vibrato and Filter Sweep clocked to the same LFO Waveform and Rate. The trade-off can be that there's only so much Voltage to go around.

Yes, I've been doing this far too long . . .

• Like 2

"Monsters are real, and Ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win." Stephen King

http://www.novparolo.com

https://thewinstonpsmithproject.bandcamp.com

If you have that, who needs a Pedalboard?

It's almost as if someone designed an FX module inspired by one of the ARP 2600 RI's!?!?! All those sliders . . .

Seriously, if $$$ were no object, I'd order the damned thing.

• Like 1

"Monsters are real, and Ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win." Stephen King

13 hours ago, Winston Psmith said:

Therein lies madness . . .

Couple of thoughts, watching this - First off, the website describes it as a DIY kit, but there are number of sites selling what appear to be completed units? I'd want to be sure which I was ordering, especially as they're not cheap. 

Second, it really wants to be part of a Modular Synth rig. All those CV I/O's on the top panel want to connect to something, and some functions are only available by patching in other CV devices; your Guitar won't do anything useful with those jacks.

There are a number of true Analog and Virtual Analog Synths that feature Audio In jacks, which will allow you to process your Guitar through some of the Synth's functions, particularly the Filter Section, and any onboard effects. In that regard, you're not turning your Guitar into a Synth, you're just using parts of the Synth as an effects Processor.

If you're curious about the Roland TB-303 he keeps referring to, check out the Behringer TD-3-SR. It's a clone of the original, at a fraction of the absurd prices for an original, vintage model. ($129.99 for the Behringer at Sweetwater, versus $2,500+, wherever one turns up.) BTW, you CAN'T patch your Guitar through the TD-3-SR. The original TB-303 was a Groovebox, arguably the UR-Groovebox, but IMHO, $130 is a fair price for how it sounds.

Final note - Banana plugs allow you to stack plugs, so you can have one CV Out, say an LFO Out, controlling more than one CV In, let's say Osc1 Pitch, and Filter Frequency, so you get Pitch Vibrato and Filter Sweep clocked to the same LFO Waveform and Rate. The trade-off can be that there's only so much Voltage to go around.

Yes, I've been doing this far too long . . .

I strongly suspect that the musicians who use this pedal with a guitar are multi-instrumentalists who are ALSO using it with some kind of synth rig

• Like 2

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: âNinety percent of everything is crapâ

5 hours ago, Dannyalcatraz said:

I strongly suspect that the musicians who use this pedal with a guitar are multi-instrumentalists who are ALSO using it with some kind of synth rig

I strongly suspect that the musicians themselves who use this pedal are ALSO some kind of synth rig...

WskQXoE.jpg

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Caevan O’Shite said:

I strongly suspect that the musicians themselves who use this pedal are ALSO some kind of synth rig...

WskQXoE.jpg

I’m getting Grand Galactic Inquisitor vibes…

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dannyalcatraz said:

I’m getting Grand Galactic Inquisitor vibes…

THAT had immediately come to my mind, as well- and, in fact, I'd almost posted the same there, too!  :laugh: :D 

• Like 1

Ok, Teh Interwebz et my post…

Cor-Tek have announced that, not only have they acquired the rights to DOD & Digitech pedals, etc., they’re actually rehiring the people behind several of their most highly regarded products.

Not exactly cool new pedals, but rather, the promise of things to come!

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Dannyalcatraz said:

Ok, Teh Interwebz et my post…

Cor-Tek have announced that, not only have they acquired the rights to DOD & Digitech pedals, etc., they’re actually rehiring the people behind several of their most highly regarded products.

Not exactly cool new pedals, but rather, the promise of things to come!

This could mean that we finally get to see some of the products that were still in the planning stages. Apparently, there were some very cool designs that never made it into production, so there may yet be some cool new pedals waiting to appear.

• Like 5

Glad to hear Digitech is back in the news and may be making a comeback.  I still have and use my Digitech looper that has never failed me over the past couple of decades.  They made quality stuff at reasonable prices IMHO... 😎👍

• Like 2
Take care, Larryz

1 hour ago, surfergirl said:

I've looked at some DOD pedals, especially the carcosa. The Digitech Trio is a pedal that would fun to have.

It seems that many have enjoyed the Trio and Trio Plus, but I, personally, couldn't return it fast enough. No matter what I tried to make it simple for its artificial intelligence, it produced accompaniment that sounded as if mean-drunk circus clowns were mocking me... !

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Caevan O’Shite said:

It seems that many have enjoyed the Trio and Trio Plus, but I, personally, couldn't return it fast enough. No matter what I tried to make it simple for its artificial intelligence, it produced accompaniment that sounded as if mean-drunk circus clowns were mocking me... !

After reading the manual I determined the Trio was not for me. My EHX 720 Looper will work for what I want. Michael and Jamie are creating some bass and drum backings for us to try.

• Like 4
Jenny S.

@surfergirl  +1,000 Putting live bass and drums on a looper is a great way to go.  Many players do not think of using a looper for this purpose.  My looper will record 99 complete songs. Change the card and do 99 more if you want to.  All the intros, timing, stops, etc., never miss a beat and keep you on the beat which is way more fun than playing with a metronome.  A great practice tool to have at home as well.  Your duo will sound great with the added loops adding to your sound while busking!  Just record only the bass and drums while you two play your sets at home and then bring it with you and away you go! 😎👍

• Like 3
Take care, Larryz

• 2 weeks later...