Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Heads-up: SpaceStation keyboard amp is apparently back

What? I just shipped them 5 dozen amps less than 2 weeks ago...hard to believe they've sold out already!

Thankfully, there is a much larger order on the water now, maybe 2 weeks away, so that's what they are quoting for later May.

Darn, I am sorry guys, I thought we had caught up with this latest shipment and that it would last until re enforcements hit mid May. FYI, I am doubling my run quantities and increasing the frequency too...but the demand still seems to be out pacing the supply.

Congratulations on the success of the SSv3 Aspen. Great to see the demand for this, those who agreed to take the chance on building the speakers and Sweetwater as retailer must be pleased with the outcome. Very inspiring being able to watch it unfold in this thread from first release. Leaves reality TV for dead.

A misguided plumber attempting to entertain | MainStage 3 | Axiom 61 2nd Gen | Pianoteq | B5 | XK3c | EV ZLX 12P

Agreed on the Vent through SS. I also set my Vent mic distance at 2:00. I haven't needed a sub yet either.

Lovin it!

Nord Stage 3 Compact

Nord Stage 2 EX Compact

Korg Kronos 2 73

Mag C2 organ

UHL X3-1 organ

GSI DMC-122 

Radial KL8

Motion Sound Kp500S

Macbook Pro 
Falcon, UVI, Kontakt, Logic, PT

Did a radio show/web broadcast with a group I sideman for. Used the SS3 for room sound; it's there to the far right in this pic, sitting on an unused guitar cab. (That grey-against-black corner behind me was actually also a hallway, otherwise that would have been the ideal place for it.)

Showed up and found out I was also LH bass for this gig. EQing the board for it got the dreaded farts from the SS3, but they had a nice Carvin bass stack, and once I split the signal, all sounded fantastic. Once the video is archived, I'll post a link.

http://i850.photobucket.com/albums/ab67/mathofinsects/ss3radio_tv_zpsyeomcyt8.jpg

Now out! "Mind the Gap," a 24-song album of new material.
www.joshweinstein.com

What? I just shipped them 5 dozen amps less than 2 weeks ago...hard to believe they've sold out already!

Couldn't happen to a nicer, more deserving guy Aspen. I knew from the minute I played it at your studio you had a hit on your hands. I had never heard ANY single amp sound this good for keyboards. And, I don't think you've even begun to seriously tap the small group PA market. When I heard your demo at the Amp Show, I was equally blown away by how good it sounded with the instruments and vocals going through it. That should create another tsunami of orders for you.

You're going to wind up being Bose's biggest nightmare.

Bob

Hammond SK1, Mojo 61, Kurzweil PC3, Korg Pa3x, Roland FA06, Band in a Box, Real Band, Studio One, too much stuff...

On another note--Mike (who started this thread!) asked me for help in posting his system for protecting his knobs...let's see if I know how to post a picture:

Um...no, I don't as it turns out! How do you guys upload a photo on your computer? I see the option for videos, photos with an url, but...

Doug Robinson

www.dougrobinson.com

Use a free service like photobucket, upload the pics there then link in your post here.

Live: Korg Kronos 2 88, Nord Electro 5d Nord Lead A1

Toys: Roland FA08, Novation Ultranova, Moog LP, Roland SP-404SX, Roland JX10,Emu MK6

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

yes, I know that--I was only mentioning that I see the way to post those photos, but not how to post ones that reside on my own computer.

You can't, near as I can tell. You have to host it elsewhere and embed it here.

Now out! "Mind the Gap," a 24-song album of new material.
www.joshweinstein.com

yes, I know that--I was only mentioning that I see the way to post those photos, but not how to post ones that reside on my own computer.

You can't, near as I can tell. You have to host it elsewhere and embed it here.

Been that way since I was logging in via FORTRAN and a modem.

Couldn't happen to a nicer, more deserving guy Aspen. I knew from the minute I played it at your studio you had a hit on your hands. I had never heard ANY single amp sound this good for keyboards. And, I don't think you've even begun to seriously tap the small group PA market. When I heard your demo at the Amp Show, I was equally blown away by how good it sounded with the instruments and vocals going through it. That should create another tsunami of orders for you.

You're going to wind up being Bose's biggest nightmare.

Bob

I've been thinking about this. Having been an owner of the Bose L1 Model II, you've got a great point -- it's a decent alternative at a lower price point and a far more convenient form factor.

I don't do small groups often (e.g. 1-3 musicians, acoustic levels) but I did try a SSv3 for vocals, keys, etc. on a few occasions, and I was very pleased with the results. Placing it a suitable distance can be challenging, otherwise you have to explain to your colleagues why it sounds so different up close.

Want to make your band better?  Check out "A Guide To Starting (Or Improving!) Your Own Local Band"

Aspen, meant to ask you this before. Does the ssv.3 use a fan for cooling the amplifier components? Thanks, again.

No, it's really not necessary with our 4 Class D switching amps that do not run nearly as hot as conventional amps. Plus we use lots of heat sinks on those amp chips that also couple with the large Aluminum chassis faceplate. I tend to "over design" when it comes to reliability issues....it pays off in the long run.

One other really cool feature of Class D amps is that they get lower in THD distortion as they hit their max output, the opposite of how most other amps behave. They are also naturally low in dynamic distortion, which is what I like about tube amps. In fact, next to tube amps I think Class D switching amps are the best sounding and most musical amps out there...and especially suitable for KB, PA and acoustic electric instruments.

Of course, nothing beats a good tube amp...but these Class D amps get close, and they are WAY lighter and all around more practical, not to mention FAR less costly.

Hammond A100 w/ 2x Leslie 122, Leslie 145 w/ combo pedal, Casio P5S, SS3, Groove Tubes SFX G5 cab + CPS/QSC RM4500 KB amp, 1955 Steinway 48" studio upright.

The link inside the img tags needs to be an image file format, with an extension like .jpg, .gif, .png, etc. It looks like you have a page link here. Not sure how Flickr does it, but Photobucket has a tool on each photo page that gives you the link to your image file in a few different formats -- I'm sure Flickr has something similar. If not, right-click on the image within Flickr and copy the link, and then paste it in between the img tags in your forum post. If the link doesn't have one of those image file extensions, it won't display as an image.

D-10; M50; SP4-7; SP6

I'm a fairly accomplished hack.

keep up the great comments please, I am learning everyday and no thought is unworthy of this SS thread as I enjoy them all and have learned more about my keyboard playing crowd than I ever thought possible!!

Nord Stage 2 88

Korg M50

Korg KINGKORG

SPACESTATION V.3

Behringer Eurolive B-1200D PRO

Iowa Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Inductee

www.endlesssummertheband.com

My pic was only small because the water was cold.

That is always a hard sell. :idk

Kawai KG-2D / Yamaha CP33 S90ES MX49 CP4 P515 / Hammond SK1 / Nord S4 88, S3 88, S3Compact, S3 76

QSC K8.2s K10.2s KS212s / SoundcraftUi24 / SSv3 / GK MB112s MB115 MB210s Neo410