Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

New Wurlitzer sample from Nord

mynameisdanno

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Great, now I have to find room for this in my old Stage. I use a lot of Wurlie and this one sounds nice! I guess I'll delete a Rhodes sound...

Live: Korg Kronos 2 88, Nord Electro 5d Nord Lead A1

Toys: Roland FA08, Novation Ultranova, Moog LP, Roland SP-404SX, Roland JX10,Emu MK6

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

Humbug indeed. People have been more or less DEMANDING a new Rhodes for the last 5 years, so what do they do? They give us a new Wurli that doesn't beat the same old Wurli that's been on Nords since the NE1.

Didn't they release new Rhodes sounds just a couple years ago? The 67 sparkle top and the brite tines one?

Toys: Roland FA08, Novation Ultranova, Moog LP, Roland SP-404SX, Roland JX10,Emu MK6

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

yeah, clav with the aftersound of the plectrum returning to the string would be nice.

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

Even though my Nord is probably gone via ebay in a few days, I applaud the release of the Wurly. For me....there has an over abundance of Rhodes and only the one outdated tiny Wurly sample. The new one is bigger, and I'm guessing is a pared down version of Sampletekk's amped Wurly.

Moog The One, VV 64 EP, Wurlies 200A 140 7300, Forte 7, Mojo 61, OB-6, Prophet 6, Polaris, Hammond A100, Farfisa VIP, ,Young Chang 6', Voyager, E7 Clav, Midiboard, Linnstrument, Seaboard

Nord needs to have a Fender Rhodes Piano Bass sound to go with the Vox Continental model. I think the Hammond SK series is the only one to include a Piano Bass sound.
C3/122, M102A, Vox V301H, Farfisa Compact, Gibson G101, GEM P, RMI 300A, Piano Bass, Pianet , Prophet 5 rev. 2, Pro-One, Matrix 12, OB8, Korg MS20, Jupiter 6, Juno 60, PX-5S, Nord Stage 3 Compact

I downloaded this sample last night.

Although I had to remove four (4) Rhodes samples and the old Wurlitzer sample to make room in my NE3HP, I think this new sample is going to be lots more fun to play. It seems to have more character. Just add a little reverb and some tremolo or panning to taste. It's a winner!

I used to like my NE3HP a lot.

I like it even more now. :thu:

Thanks Nordguyz!

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

I downloaded this sample last night.

Although I had to remove four (4) Rhodes samples and the old Wurlitzer sample to make room in my NE3HP, I think this new sample is going to be lots more fun to play. It seems to have more character. Just add a little reverb and some tremolo or panning to taste. It's a winner!

Agreed. I did a bit of shuffling too, got rid of the old Wurli and one of the Rhodes to make room for it. The new Wurli is more expressive.

Also swapped the Steinway D and one of the Harpsichord samples for the Grand Upright, which I hadn't tried yet. It's not something I would use a lot, but it definitely has a unique vibe so I may keep it a while to see if it grows on me.

Yamaha CK88, Arturia Keylab 61 MkII, Moog Sub 37, Yamaha U1 Upright, Casio CT-S500, Mac Logic/Mainstage, iPad Camelot, Spacestation V.3, QSC K10.2, JBL EON One Compact

www.stickmanor.com

There's a thin white line between fear and fury - Stickman

I used it last night, it really cuts. I completely bypassed the amp sim, and had to back down the velocity setting from 2 to 1 (stage compact unweighted keybed). When triggering from my S70XS, it really sounds good!

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

I spent yesterday morning playing along to a few Wurly tunes I have on my iPod. This new sample sounds incredibly close! ;)

It's fun to play from my NE3's keys, but really comes into its own when triggered from a decent action (MP8II in my case).

James

x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.

Its a game changer for me. With the old sample, I triggered the highest velocity layers too easily on my NE3s semi-weighted keys, and it never worked well with my CP33s velocity curves via midi. This instrument is much more balanced and soulful. Did not use the old one - this one I will be playing a lot!

Morten

Its a game changer for me. With the old sample, I triggered the highest velocity layers too easily on my NE3s semi-weighted keys, and it never worked well with my CP33s velocity curves via midi. This instrument is much more balanced and soulful.

That's encouraging. I haven't had a chance to load it yet, but that was an issue I had with the old one too. Looking forward to it.

• 3 weeks later...
Even though my Nord is probably gone via ebay in a few days, I applaud the release of the Wurly. For me....there has an over abundance of Rhodes and only the one outdated tiny Wurly sample. The new one is bigger, and I'm guessing is a pared down version of Sampletekk's amped Wurly.

No, it's not. We have recorded this one however, but it's brand new!

Worra

SampleTekk

Archived