Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Boston A100 Alert!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry, that's a Hammond Piano, not an organ. ;)

Seriously, it looks pretty clean. I wonder what year it is.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

If it's pre 1964 I would buy it in a second...

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

Would be a good deal for it even if it was post-1964 for that little $...TG/preamp/drawbar base/drawbars/bench/pedals worth that easy....even if it had foam-eaten manuals. C'mon wmp, your B-3 wants an A-100 sister. :D

---

Todd A. Phipps

"...no, I'm not a Hammondoholic...I can stop anytime..."

http://www.facebook.com/b3nut ** http://www.blueolives.com

I'd do the same if I had the time. The best I can do is two days.

In addition to the mint 1963 B3 I just picked up, I just scored a free Baldwin Hamilton school upright. Moved it home last night. It's a half tone flat and it's unplayably sticky. It's in very good shape aside from the finish which indicates it spent a lot of time in sunny rooms. This one is all labor, easy labor, and no parts. The hammers have almost no wear. It came out of a Boston school that closed about ten years ago. The guy who gave it to me does security systems work for the mover. The mover has a bunch of these things he'd like to give me.

If it's like [emphasis] Christmas over here, I may as well roll with it and do a little piano work again. This could be another way to fund my severe GAS attack. I'm looking at a Steinway O toward the end of next week.

--wmp

Would be a good deal for it even if it was post-1964 for that little $...TG/preamp/drawbar base/drawbars/bench/pedals worth that easy....even if it had foam-eaten manuals. C'mon wmp, your B-3 wants an A-100 sister. :D

My new B3 is going to have lots of good company. I am going to need a larger place real soon. It really is like [emphasis] Christmas over here. I went shopping for trailers so I could move my toys without renting trucks and stumbled into a brand new 6'x12' single axel box trailer for free. Fold down rear door / ramp with a side door. Worth $2k to 3k?

--wmp

It's like what there? :P

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

I want a fugly A102 to chop up
I was browsing on YT the other night and came across this.

[video:youtube]

I have pretty much resolved with myself that I will never own a really nice B3. Can't afford one and good ones seem to be getting rare and even more expensive. So...my A100 is manna from heaven itself and a blessing for sure (free as a write off). I'm second owner of my baby and she's a 10. Got a BC in the garage that's a 1 on the Olson scale.

Hope this find gets to a good home!

I want a fugly A102 to chop up
I was browsing on YT the other night and came across this.

[video:youtube]

He is amazing.... Can make the ugliest Hammond ever built look and sound like the most beautiful.

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

Call me nuts but I would love to have a Fifi (french Provincial. There is a '61 for sale around here.. 1500$

OK. You are NUTS! :D

Thank you for taking the lead there Moe. :laugh:
A ROMpler is just a polyphonic turntable.

Call me nuts but I would love to have a Fifi (french Provincial. There is a '61 for sale around here.. 1500$

Thank you for taking the lead there Moe. :laugh:

+1. The front legs devalue it by at least 50%.

So much so that even I notice. I'm not a very classy guy. Most of my furniture is from CurbMart. I'm not all that picky, but you have to draw the line somewhere. Around here, "Fifi" would would get dismembered in a hurry. Her skin and extremities would go to my wood locker. Her innards would go in a road case.

If that A-100 hasn't found a good home by tomorrow night I'll probably buy it.

--wmp

If that A-100 hasn't found a good home by tomorrow night I'll probably buy it.
:facepalm:

:D

If only I could find one of these a little further north (Maine). Maybe someday.

Bill

They're around. I've found a couple on Craigslist. And now I own them.

Muzikteechur is Lonnie, in Kittery, Maine.

HS music teacher: Concert Band, Marching Band, Jazz Band, Chorus, Music Theory, AP Music Theory, History of Rock, Musical Theatre, Piano, Guitar, Drama.

Lonnie,

I will have to have you be my " eyes" the next time one comes across your path. Or you could "share" the wealth if you have extras..

Bill

Nord Stage 3 Compact, Korg Kronos 61, Casio PX-5S, Yamaha DXR 10 (2)), Neo Vent, Yamaha MG82cx mixer and too many stands to name.

Ask your Hammond tech to be on the lookout for one. That's how I found two of my organs.

Archived