Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Mid-Atlantic KC Hang 2012

SK

Another Mid-Atlantic KC forum hang is in the works :rawk: as discussed here: https://forums.musicplayer.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/2406365#Post2406365

So far, definite attendees are ITGITC, learjeff, ProfD, and (Guest Of Honor) gangsu! :thu: Whoever comes to this is going to have fun. It's also probably the last MAKCFH I could make, since I'm moving out of the area.

The tentative date for the event is July 5th. All Mid-Atlantic forumites are invited, starting with THESE guys:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y170/gangsu/kc_hang_15.jpg

Hope many of you can make it. OK, so... who's in?

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And as mentioned in the other thread, I think Wabi-Sabi would be great for the hang since it has the same casual atmosphere of Legends Brewery, a big stage and a good PA already there. It's in the basement bar (with food), a nice sized room (all wood and brick), with far better acoustics than Legends. It's "old towne" Petersburg... a straight shot down I-95, under 20 miles S of Richmond, maybe 3 minutes off the exit.

It's a pretty easy load-in IF you guys want to bring your keyboards for a jam. My July 5th gig there starts at 8, so there will be very few people in the place until then. I also spoke with the band's drummer - he'd be glad to play with the jam if it happens.

If folks decide NOT to make it a jam, it's the perfect spot for a social hang... the downside being you guys would have to see me play a humble fusion gig, or as I consider it, my 'karma reduction therapy'. The band does display the talents of electric bassist Keith Horne (featured in a Bass Player magazine article last month.)

You guys just let me know how this sounds to you. If everyone's cool with it, I'll call the place and set it up for July 5th, say around 6 or 7PM. If not, we can still do Legends, which stevieb could set up.

Ouch, July 5th? That's a big holiday weekend. Probably no can do. Also, the week of June 27 is out, as it's my 25th wedding anniversary. Probably won't get full credit if I sneak off with a bunch of keyboard players.

Edit: well, it's not on a weekend at all, so I'd have to take a day off work.

Yeah, whether it's just before July 4th or after, that holiday impacts the week... I'm also trying to coordinate with gangsu's window. A few days later might work - we'll figure something out.

Whatever is decided, I do hope you and plenty others can make it. But even if it's just a more quiet gathering with ProfD, Tom, gangsu and myself, that would be nice too.

July 5th is right after the holiday but I may be able to swing it. An alternative date would be better. :cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

July 5th is right after the holiday but I may be able to swing it. An alternative date would be better. :cool:

A weekend is better, you're right. I suck at making plans. How about the 1st or the 8th of July? Why don't we ask linwood. :idea: Now that would be a hang!

"........! Try to make It..REAL! compared to what? ! ! ! " - BOPBEEPER

Hey Linwood, come on back come on back to your "hometown" area for the Hang mayne. :wave:

Sue, the 1st or 8th of July is a good alternative date even though it may not coincide with SK's gig.

If SK feels the need to play, we can move the Hang to Guitar Center and have brunch/dinner afterwards. :laugh::cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

Hey guys, I would not want to miss this! Unfortunately, I'll be on vacation on July 5th, but I think the 8th would work. If most everyone opts for the 5th, I'll just have to live vicariously through the pics or maybe you can skype me into it.

SK, you're a good man for taking the first step to plan this!!!

Regards,

Eric

Hey guys, I would not want to miss this! Unfortunately, I'll be on vacation on July 5th, but I think the 8th would work. If most everyone opts for the 5th, I'll just have to live vicariously through the pics or maybe you can skype me into it.

SK, you're a good man for taking the first step to plan this!!!

Regards,

Eric

Yup.

I'm looking at 08JUL12 in a very positive light.

:cool:

OK. I'm (still) in! :thu:

Tom

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

Since July 8 seems the most popular for a hang, I left a message for the owner at Wabi Sabi to check on that date. I'll post when I hear back. And stevieb, if you read this, maybe you could check on Legends too.

Mike Martin, Summer NAMM should be fun for those who can make it. Unfortunately, I can't.

I know I'm currently scheduled to work in LA on Jul 4 but I believe I'm back before Jul 8. I also appreciate you kicking off the next gathering Steve but...I absolutely forbid you kids having a party while I'm out of town. :cop:

Don't have a clue of my July Schedule yet. I only know we are playing on July 4th... Would love to be a part if the timing is right....

Jimmy

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others. Groucho

NEW BAND CHECK THEM OUT

www.steveowensandsummertime.com

www.jimmyweaver.com

Since July 8 seems the most popular for a hang, I left a message for the owner at Wabi Sabi to check on that date. I'll post when I hear back. And stevieb, if you read this, maybe you could check on Legends too.

I can check on Legends when I get back in town. It would be great to catch up. Wabi Sabi also sounds like a good venue. Maybe between the two us us we can secure one or the other.

My band mates frequent Wabi Sabi and have mentioned some really good jazz cats there recently. Figures SK has been in the mix.

SK, any chance Kip my come by.

Thanks for chiming in, Steve. I'm still waiting to hear from Wabi Sabi, but it would be good if you could check on Legends as a backup for July 8, just in case.

I want to see what I can work out with Wabi Sabi, as it's not the usual weekly night I play there. And it may work out for Kip to join us. I'll post when I know more.

Glad so many forumites can make it. :thu:

OK, Wabi Sabi is procured for July 8th.

The downstairs is closed on Sunday nights, but they will open it for us and have the bar open. Or... the upstairs is open and renovated with a new stage. I'll take a look at that the next time I play there to decide whether upstairs or down is better.

The only things left are to pick a time (I'm thinking early evening, like maybe 7:00 ), and should it be a jam? If it is, either floor will have the stage for it.

So I'll throw it back to the forum to decide.

Since I'll be rolling down from DC and facing a 2+ hour drive home on a work night, I'd love to gather earlier in the day than 7:00 pm. Still, I'll find a way to make it work regardless of the time that gets set. Will be good to see everyone again.

Noah

Archived