Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT-is that for real??

yannis D

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes. That's Kellie Pickler, country singer. Buddy of mine toured with her for about a year. What you see in this video is genuine.

9 Moog things, 3 Roland things, 2 Hammond things and a computer with stuff on it

oh... i did know her. After a quick search, i found out that she's got a nice voice (and she's cute)... but that does not change my first impression: WOW!
Be grateful for what you've got - a Nord, a laptop and two hands

There is not a face palm image out there that sufficiently reflects the magnitude and intensity of the face palm I did while watching that video.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

I've only commentet on her ignorance. I believe most of the people in the audience -as the 10 y.o. student did- knew the answer that's why they laughed :) I don't want to generalise on these subjects. (Unfortunately there are many people with no (or very little) knowledge of the world around here too...)

Good thing is that at least 50% of the Americans would know the answer :)

Actually, if at least 50% didn't know it, than less than 49.99% percent would know it. :laugh:

My guess is that 15% would know it. Americans tend to focus on more important things: Snooki, The Kardashinans, Twilight, the legal system as seen by Lindsay Lohan, the "like" button, the plight of our nation's great malls, and pondering whether or not dubstep, in fact, is here to stay. :thu:

As a good friend of mine once said to a very outspoken and pompous J. B. Jovi regarding a certain popular brutalization of economic theory: "having a lot of money doesn't make you smart"

I'm sorry most Americans are not that dumb. That's why its funny. Jay Leno has a skit were he walks down Hollywood Boulevard and asks people questions like that. He only shows you the idiots and not so coincidentally more than half of the ones that fail miserably claim their occupation as "actor". But if you went to any high school or middle school in the US the correct answer would be the vast majority. If you went to a bar announced that stupid statement the vast majority of the people not totally inebriated would laugh at you. Statements bashing groups of people and throwing out made up percentages are dumb.

Americans tend to focus on more important things: Snooki, The Kardashinans, Twilight, the legal system as seen by Lindsay Lohan, the "like" button

I Have lived in Germany and visited many European countries in addition to Korea, Japan, Saudi Arabia and Kuwait. Watch their television or read their tabloids. Americans aren't nearly as different as you might think.

Boards: Kurzweil SP-6, Roland FA-08, VR-09, DeepMind 12

Modules: Korg Radias, Roland D-05, Bk7-m & Sonic Cell

There is not a face palm image out there that sufficiently reflects the magnitude and intensity of the face palm I did while watching that video.

And there is not a big enough thumbs up image for me to put here, even if I looked for it all over the country of Africa....

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

Not everyone is as smart as you. :P

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

If you went to a bar announced that stupid statement the vast majority of the people not totally inebriated would laugh at you. Statements bashing groups of people and throwing out made up percentages are dumb.

Go Fuck yourself, Asshole. I was making a light-hearted quip.

WOW.....just....wow.

Cute, talented, and an EPIC dumb ass....

The problem with this is I really believe she's got a LOT of company around this great nation of ours....

sigh....oh well.....so now on to the big issues....

Edward or Jacob? After all this time I still can't decide.....

If you went to a bar announced that stupid statement the vast majority of the people not totally inebriated would laugh at you. Statements bashing groups of people and throwing out made up percentages are dumb.

Go Fuck yourself, Asshole. I was making a light-hearted quip.

Im sorry TOA, but your optimism, while refreshingly naïve, is unrewarded. You are right, Americans mostly are not different than other citizens, but the fact is, they know less about the world around them than they know about Jersey Shore. I do think Ms. Pickler is a bit on the extreme side, but she is a good solid representative of No Child Left Behind. People today are much more ignorant than they used to be (I didnt say stupid, although thats a debate we can have as well). Howard Stern used to (probably still does, I dont have Sirius) used to do this same game/Leno thing with strippers. And for all the strippers who say theyre putting themselves through law school, or nursing school, or studying to become a teacher, he sure got a lot of them on the show that have their work cut out for them, based on their answers to questions like the one in this clip.

And its not a woman thing, lest you think Im a sexist. I know plenty of dumb dudes: Ive been working with guitar players and drummers my whole life.

:rimshot:

Hitting "Play" does NOT constitute live performance. -Me.

Not to get all political...but maybe the dude in the White House IS being a snob by suggesting everyone go to college....maybe we should just shoot for getting everyone's ass through 6th grade for starters.....

No Child Left Behind.Maybe start with eliminating that program (where schools have been teaching the test, as opposed to teaching).

Well just write off the adults at this point.

Hitting "Play" does NOT constitute live performance. -Me.

I

I Have lived in Germany and visited many European countries in addition to Korea, Japan, Saudi Arabia and Kuwait. Watch their television or read their tabloids. Americans aren't nearly as different as you might think.

:thu: totally agree. People are the same everywhere. Clever and dump. We have many idiots here, as i wrote.

BTW i did not mean to start a civil war guys :cop:

I'm not totally naive, I realize that many perhaps most know less about what is going on outside our borders than what is currently on television. Its just not as bad as Kelly Pickler and not that different than anywhere else. I don't like painting people with broad strokes. Cygnus64, I apologize for offending you. I served in the United States Air Force for twenty years and gained a lot of respect for my fellow country men, all of them. Regardless if I agree with them.

Boards: Kurzweil SP-6, Roland FA-08, VR-09, DeepMind 12

Modules: Korg Radias, Roland D-05, Bk7-m & Sonic Cell

Truly sad. Makes me wonder how she learns song lyrics. Maybe she has to listen to the rough demo repeatedly until it sticks. :laugh::cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

I know plenty of dumb dudes: Ive been working with guitar players and drummers my whole life.

QOTW??

Howard Grand|Hamm SK1-73|Kurz PC2|PC2X|PC3|PC3X|PC361; QSC K10's

HP DAW|Epi Les Paul & LP 5-str bass|iPad mini2

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Jim

Archived