Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

New Nord C20

dazzjazz

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No European pricing up yet (that I could see) on Thomann, or in the UK at DV247.

Thanks. I wanted to get a feel for North American pricing. The C2 is at Thomann for 2399 EUR. based on today's EUR/USD rates that would be about $3142.69 But the C2 is for sale in the states at 2999.99

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

What a joke. I could get a vintage Hammond rig for that much money.

Not one that weighs 35 lbs.

Once you add the cost of the roadies and the van, the vintage Hammond gets a bit pricier.

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

Alright, so...

Hammond SK2 - $2850

Mojo - $2899

Nord C2D - $3485

Besides having local dealership i see no point in getting a Nord, you can buy either a SK2 or a Mojo Plus a Ventilator and it'd still be cheaper than the Nord.

There will probably be some people who really, really want the 4 sets of drawbars. And that's still the cheapest way to get that.

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

That direct audio sounds pathetic very much like a toy I once had.. oh yes the Suzuki SK1 I think it was called.

Get a Crumar Mojo and be done with it. Quit fussing about oh there isn't a local dealer rubbish :P

Tonewheels!!

KeyB Duo MkII

Once you add the cost of the roadies and the van, the vintage Hammond gets a bit pricier.

Roadies??? You don't need roadies. Quite often handling an organ is pretty easy with good trailer ramps. A second guy to help steer can be useful.

But there were some night where the geography made it really hard. I would much rather handle a full console than a chop.

Alright, so...

Hammond SK2 - $2850

Mojo - $2899

Nord C2D - $3485

Besides having local dealership i see no point in getting a Nord, you can buy either a SK2 or a Mojo Plus a Ventilator and it'd still be cheaper than the Nord.

There will probably be some people who really, really want the 4 sets of drawbars. And that's still the cheapest way to get that.

True, but i'd think those people would be the real organists and the most purists of all, i'm not so sure they would settle for anything less than a real vintage Hammond, or dig that "modern" look that don't really resembles a B3, for that matter.

"The purple piper plays his tune, The choir softly sing; Three lullabies in an ancient tongue, For the court of the crimson king"

Roadies??? You don't need roadies. Quite often handling an organ is pretty easy with good trailer ramps. A second guy to help steer can be useful.

But there were some night where the geography made it really hard. I would much rather handle a full console than a chop.

Yeah, but with a van comes gas money, insurance, maintenance, etc...I learned that the hard way and had to sell both my Van and my B3. For the average small/medium sized gig musicians it's not worth it.

"The purple piper plays his tune, The choir softly sing; Three lullabies in an ancient tongue, For the court of the crimson king"

Yeah, but with a van comes gas money, insurance, maintenance, etc...I learned that the hard way and had to sell both my Van and my B3. For the average small/medium sized gig musicians it's not worth it.

I agree with this statement, so glad I found the Mojo when I did.

Tonewheels!!

KeyB Duo MkII

Roadies??? You don't need roadies.

You're probably a bit stronger and/or younger than I am. ;-)

Anyway, today, my entire rig--including the band's PA!--fits in a car and probably weighs less than a B3 by itself!

Interesting comparing the C2D and Mojo. Nord keyboards always cost more, but people buy them anyway because they like the pluses, one of which is usually the form factor. For instance, if you're comparing stage pianos, arguably, there isn't another keyboard that offers what the Stage 2 does in terms of spontaneous control. Etc, etc. . .

In the dual manual clone world, however, the objective seems to be to get as close to the original as possible, formwise. This takes away Nord's traditional form factor advantage. And the C2D isn't any more portable than the Mojo.

There is still reliability to consider. Not to cast aspersions on the italians (I'm half italian myself!), but if I was forced to bet on reliability between the Mojo and the Nord, the answer it pretty clear, since the Mojo doesn't even have a track record yet.

By most accounts, the Mojo sounds better. I'm not a big fan of the Nord B3 emulation. But I say that only as a relative statement. Other clones come closer. But, to me, these clonewar discussions are something like debates about high end performance cars. One car might "blow away" another by going 0-60 in .3 seconds less time, but they're both pretty damn fast.

Gigging: Crumar Mojo 61, Hammond SKPro

Home: Vintage Vibe 64

You got to spend money to make money. :D

I don't play an organ anymore but we still have a truck and trailer, gas, insurance, maintenance cost, food, website charges , taxes, SELF EMPLOYEMENT TAX etc.... That is why it is important keep you gear expenditures to less than 25% of your total gross receipts over the long term.

Roadies??? You don't need roadies.

You're probably a bit stronger and/or younger than I am. ;-)

Anyway, today, my entire rig--including the band's PA!--fits in a car and probably weighs less than a B3 by itself!

I'm just a hair under 50 and starting to go downhill, but I'm still pretty stout for an old fart. Used to powerlift a little. played Judo, wrestled at 215, played some ball when I was young. Still try to lift 2 to 3 times a week. Need to do more cardio ... I'm fat.

Yes I understand all that but the point is that this stuff is getting really overpriced. Some good players dont have access to gear and that is a barrier. If something like this Nord is going to be four grand it better do my fuckin laundry.

"Danny, ci manchi a tutti. La E-Street Band non e' la stessa senza di te. Riposa in pace, fratello"

noblevibes.com

Yes I understand all that but the point is that this stuff is getting really overpriced. Some good players dont have access to gear and that is a barrier.

It's good to have all the options. I guess time will tell how much market there is for the C2D at its price, but it's still cheaper than some Hammond models, so it's not even the highest priced board of its type. It's still the lowest priced board you can get (new) with 4 sets of drawbars. In fact, it's still cheaper than a 2-manual XK-3c which still has just two sets of drawbars. (Though the Hammond has nicer aesthetics, reverse color presets, and the ability to configure it as single or double manual depending on the gig... so each has a potential buyer.)

And really, I think players on more of a budget have more good, lower priced stuff to choose from than they've ever had before, between older versions of boards that become available in the used market, and the way technology keeps bringing more functionality to lower priced boards. Casio did show the XW-P1 at the same show, after all! And I've been impressed with the value of boards like the Yamaha MOX and Korg Microstation. Nord just doesn't go after that market, and that's fine, others do.

This stuff has always been expensive. In inflation adjusted dollars the XB-2 I bought at a discount in 1992 cost me $2,860.93 in 2011 dollars.

Oh man I just plugged my D-50 into this calculator. I could have a Kronos 88. :D

The only major difference is that inflation adjusted gig income has fallen.

PS - Wow! Had I bought my old Farfisa new ..... $4,959.01 in 2011 dollars.

Nice enough, but that's one hell of a price hike on the C2. If I had the money lying around (which right now I don't) I'd be heading to Mojo-land, despite the QC niggles raised.

Yamaha: P515, CP88, Genos 1, HX1

I heard the Namm prototype did not include the new leslie. I hope they've made leaps and bounds because that sounds pretty phony if you ask me especially on fast with all draws out.

A.J. Blues

Manager and Keyboardist

The Tash Brothers Band

www.myspace.com/TheTashBrothersBand

Archived