Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

New Nord C20

dazzjazz

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Me thinks this one deserves a thread of its own. I mean, after all, we have the Clone War going on... :cool:

Too much stuff, too little time, too few gigs, should spend more time practicing...!  🙄

main instruments: Nord Stage 3 compact, Yamaha CP88, Kurzweil PC4, Viscount KeyB Legend Live

Looks like a C2 with drawbars, not really a direct competitor against an SK. But if it is a 2 manual multitimbral version of an Electro with drawbars it would be REALLY COOL.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

Looks like a C2 with drawbars, not really a direct competitor against an SK. But if it is a 2 manual multitimbral version of an Electro with drawbars it would be REALLY COOL.

Hard to tell from the picture, but it wouldn't look like there are enough knobs and buttons above those drawbars to account for an Electro.

That would be really cool though.

aka âmisterdregsâ

Nord Electro 5D 73

Yamaha P105

Kurzweil PC3LE7

Motion Sound KP200S

Schimmel 6-10LE

QSC CP-12

Westone AM Pro 30 IEMs

Rolls PM55P

Hard to tell from the picture, but it wouldn't look like there are enough knobs and buttons above those drawbars to account for an Electro.

That would be really cool though.

I still like this idea:

https://forums.musicplayer.com/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/2048059/Searchpage/1/Main/145364/Words/UGM/Search/true/Re_Nord_Electro_3_review#Post2048059

aka âmisterdregsâ

Nord Electro 5D 73

Yamaha P105

Kurzweil PC3LE7

Motion Sound KP200S

Schimmel 6-10LE

QSC CP-12

Westone AM Pro 30 IEMs

Rolls PM55P

Yes Nord is expensive - but I have to say, very well built. My C1 has done hundreds of gigs and never missed a beat (unlike it's owner!)

www.dazzjazz.com

PhD in Jazz Organ Improvisation.

BMus (Hons) Jazz Piano.

my YouTube is Jazz Organ Bites

1961 A100.Leslie 45 & 122. MAG P-2 Organ. Kawai K300J. Yamaha CP4. Moog Matriarch. KIWI-8P.

See ya, SK! :evil:

I've bookmarked this for when the MSRP is announced for this new Nord, and you pull an ACL springing off the Nord bandwagon. :thu:

Thanks, Sven! See, people? Kindness...instead of fighting over clonewheels we all should be more like Sven. :rolleyes::laugh:

"The purple piper plays his tune, The choir softly sing; Three lullabies in an ancient tongue, For the court of the crimson king"

I would imagine that they have done at least a little tweaking to the base organ sound or, perhaps, made it more tweakable under the hood. If it sounds the same as the C2 (which is great) it might take more than just physical drawbars to get a C2 owner to upgrade.

Endorsing Artist/Ambassador for MAG Organs and Motion Sound Amplifiers, Organ player for SRT - www.srtgroove.com

If it is what it looks like then it doesn't really have much in common with an SK2 .... except having 2 manuals.

I bet it's simply a C2 with drawfaders. I'd love to be wrong, but I won't be getting one anyway -- I don't want two semi-weighted manuals, not being a *real* organist. Regardless, a C2 with drawfaders is a good idea.

I'd be more likely to get the mythical UGM, but only if the lower manual were 76- or 88-key weighted. What are the chances of such a beast?

Again, if the organ and Leslie sounds are not up to the current standard of refinement (Mojo and Ventilator) then who cares how many draw faders they put on it....

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

It does seem like theres more going in with this organ than the C2 (all the switches to the left of the keyboards, the extra controls at the top back of the instrument).

I love the merriment and mirth and the unmitigated optimism and the unmitigated pessimism of this forum! Its almost like watching the Muppets, you know which character is going to say what before they even post!

Now, for the important stuff: what are the rules considering game changer this year?

Hitting "Play" does NOT constitute live performance. -Me.

I love the merriment and mirth and the unmitigated optimism and the unmitigated pessimism of this forum! Its almost like watching the Muppets, you know which character is going to say what before they even post!

Now, for the important stuff: what are the rules considering game changer this year?

Hey, I admit it... I am Mr. Positive.... I should have been born in Missouri, the Show Me state... But alas, I am now but a cynical New Yorker living in the Southern California sunshine...

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

Heck I don't know. I don't see where the game has changed much in quite sometime.

The weird thing from where I sit is that the hardware solutions I currently seek seem sort of difficult to solve with modern offerings but are things that were easily done 20+ years ago.

The modern stuff sounds good but MIDI integration can be a pain in the butt today.

I'm still hoping for a S90XF so I can pickup a S90XS on the cheap.

Archived