Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Dave's excellent Hammond midi controller debuts

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Simply beautiful. Congrats on getting through it. Mean piece of work. Send that in to Stephen Fortner post-haste.

+1! Nothing short of amazing, man. You may not want to replicate the woodworking portion of this, but the concept of "modular organ" probably has a market if you wanted to get into the MI field ...

Original Latin Jazz

CD Baby

"I am not certain how original my contribution to music is as I am obviously an amateur." Patti Smith

Nice red rig.

Well, now that´s the most ideal rig w/ a single manual organ and multi sound keyboard on top !

And it demonstrates why there don´t have to be ANY control buttons and switches on the top surface of any organ-controller or clone.

Rules for double manual clones/controllers too.

A.C.

• 5 months later...
August 2012 Keyboard Mag - Dig My Rig on page 9. This beast just got a little feature. :thu:

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

No, they used both. They used the second as an inset.

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Aw, shucks. It takes both to tell the story. Ah well, it's still a big honor to be included!
It takes a whole lot more than that to really tell the story of that beaut. ;)

Yes, I was disappointed there wasn't more to the article, should have been a 2 page DIY spread. Cool nonetheless, and congrats again Dave.

What we record in life, echoes in eternity.

MOXF8, Electro 6D, XK1c, Motif XSr, PEKPER, Voyager, Univox MiniKorg.

https://www.abandoned-film.com

• 4 months later...

Update:

I finally started messing around with my Receptor and got VB-3 running on it. I had read the manual and convinced myself it wouldn't work because the channel mixers steal most of the CCs, but by instantiating the plugin on different channels, the mixer CCs are on different midi channels also and don't conflict.

Suddenly, my controller is giggable.

Moe

---

Wowza. You have an abundance of clones to gig with (I mean, this and the Mojo both seem excellent in their own ways).

It is kind of an embarrassment of riches, isn't it?

For a big important rock gig, the controller, receptor and stage will be an impressive rig. For smaller jazz funk quartet stuff on a tight stage, Mojo plus a few receptor piano plugins will make a compact rig.

Your double manual controller seems to be a ideal controller for the HX3 organ engine (formerly prototype HOAX 3) based on FPGA w/ or without Leslie sim and using the "OrganScan61" boards (drawbars & switches of the Hammond will be reused).

The controller´s keys, drawbars and switches don´t use MIDI connecting to the engine board, so there´s no latency/jitter as a result.

AFAIK, the Leslie sim is done by collaboration w/ Guido (NEO Vent).

Here are:

modules and licences

key scanning boards

Organ Scan 61 Set

sample configurations

LDR connects direct to real Leslie

german organ maniac Lutz K. playing his H.O.A.X (now HX3) clone w/ unfinished Leslie sim and real Leslie.

The Leslie sim is finished now and HX3 finally available.

The price for the board incl. licences for organ engine and leslie sim is EUR 429.- incl. VAT,- Organ Scan61 Set (EUR 129.-) and LDR (EUR 89.-) - if needed - come on top.

Descriptions of audio-, MIDI,- ft.-pedal and switch connections of the board ...

HERE

The board has MIDI already to connect external gear,- p.ex. your Receptor.

A friend of mine is about throwing it into his defective XB2 (sample config #2) and I´ll have a try when ready.

A.C.