Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

KC NAMM dinner 2012

Dave Bryce

Friday night, January 20th, Buca di Beppo Anaheim, 8PM.

At least one out of town forumite is planning to attend, I believe... :cool:

Need to get a head count before I make a reservation. Who's planning on coming this year?

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I send my regrets, seems like I have gigs every other year Namm time we are working Namm weekend. I'm ticked about it as the club is screwing us around on dates and this is the only one open. Geez, I wonder why? Have a blast guys!

I plan to attend. Count me in.

By the way, do any of you guys know about the jam bus that has been parked out in back of the convention center the last several years?

The guy that runs it has a Hammond C-3 and a Fender Rhodes in there plus a set of drums, guitar and bass amp etc. Last year I went over there with Dave Amels of ( Voce fame) and we played a little bit.

I can find out more about this and perhaps we can have a KC jam over the course of the weekend. Seriously , this jam bus is usually there all four nights and runs into the late hours. It is usually parked by one of the back entrances just inside the enclosed convention center parking lot.

Hey, look what I've found.... :):wave:

ARRGHHH! Carlo!!!!

That is like the worst picture of me, ever! I am the "man without hat." :freak: I look a lot better these days....however, I can tell you all first hand that Carlo looks about the same as he did at NAMM two years ago.....tired! :laugh: Explanation: My wife and I (on right) were in Italy last month, and managed to meet up with Carlo in Rome in the middle of his exhausting schedule for dinner!

Dang. Audrey and I were hoping to go to NAMM this year, and of course if we were there we wouldn't miss the dinner for anything. But it seems that the "hook up" for NAMM passes has not come through.

I haven't entirely given up hope, but I'm guessing that I won't be there. Have fun, all! :thu:

--Dave

Make my funk the P-funk.

I wants to get funked up.

My Funk/Jam originals project: http://www.thefunkery.com/

• 2 weeks later...
Dang. Audrey and I were hoping to go to NAMM this year, and of course if we were there we wouldn't miss the dinner for anything. But it seems that the "hook up" for NAMM passes has not come through.

I haven't entirely given up hope, but I'm guessing that I won't be there. Have fun, all! :thu:

--Dave

Well, damn, my favorite bass player just hooked me up with badges! Woo Hoo! NAMM, here we come! :thu:

So, count me in for two -- Audrey will be coming with me.

--Dave

Make my funk the P-funk.

There's a possible chance that perhaps I might swing by the restaurant to say hello to those of you who are going, maybe.

If not (which seems more likely), keep an eye open for me as I buzz around NAMM like a hummingbird with ADD.

If not (which seems more likely), keep an eye open for me as I buzz around NAMM like a hummingbird with ADD.

Jeff, I've seen you at NAMM. No way in hell are you anywhere near that relaxed, laid-back, and mellow. Who the heck are you trying to kid, anyway? ;)

--Dave

Make my funk the P-funk.

Archived