Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

KC NFL Survival Pool 2011

Dave Bryce

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Week 1

dB - CLE

steadyb - NE

Geoff Grace - BAL

Griffinator - CLE

kanker -

Jeff Klopmeyer -

richwhite9 -

daviel -

Magpel -

TinderArts -

Mark Zeger - ATL

Noah Zark - DEN

sakari lindhen - KC

antimatter - NE

ProfD -

Governor Silver -

BlackandWhite - SD

Mr. Nightime -

MAJUSCULE - NO

Mizu - NYJ

==

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

I'm not in the survival pool, just the pickem...survival pool is too complex for me! :)

You don't want to try to pick one - only one - team a week that you're sure will beat their opponent? Heck, you don't even have to worry about a pesky point spread. C'moooooon - it's easy.... :evil:

...or are you just wary of losing the exorbitant entry fee? :D:poke:

Think of it this way - if you're like most of us, you'll probably be eliminated in Week 1, so no worries. :cool:

dB

there were other rules, that if you pick a team that you had picked a previous week you had to go stand in a corner and were eliminated. :cop: ..I can't remember the team I picked this week, let alone a team that I picked weeks ago! :facepalm:

not to mention the entry fee and the initiation rite of having to dress like a panda on the street corner.... :)

but okay, if it is cool to get eliminated the first week, I choose Kansas City over Buffalo... :cool:

NORD STAGE 2, IPAD 2 with lots of soft syths

Roland td9 expanded

Guitars, basses, Pod Xtl, GT-10b

Garritan, Reason, Symphonic Choirs , Cubase, Sibelius

Three shelter cats

there were other rules, that if you pick a team that you had picked a previous week you had to go stand in a corner and were eliminated. I can't remember the team I picked this week, let alone a team that I picked weeks ago! :facepalm:

We keep 'em listed. No worries.

not to mention the entry fee and the initiation rite of having to dress like a panda on the street corner.... :)

Hey, c'mon - you only need to stand there for an hour or so...and you get to wear that big bow tie..... :cool::rawk:

but okay, if it is cool to get eliminated the first week, I choose Kansas City over Buffalo... :cool:

:thu:

dB

Both dB and myself have had week one eliminations in past years, so you'd join an exclusive club if Buffalo wins. :D

Buffalo D looks good. Not so much on the other side of the ball. I like them for 6-10.

Baltimore, when they won the superbowl, had a stud RB and a stifling defense. That's all they needed.

Buffalo has 30-year-old "change of pace" Fred Jackson starting at RB, and CJ Spiller backing him up.

Ask Pittsburgh how well that worked when they were starting Amos Zereoue...

Let's go Jets

Does this mean you're playing in the pool, and this is your pick? Just making sure...if not, lemme know and I'll take you off.

Updated list moved to Page 2.

Week 1

dB - CLE

steadyb - NE

Geoff Grace - BAL

Griffinator - CLE

kanker - CLE

Jeff Klopmeyer - NYG

richwhite9 - TEN

daviel - DAL

Magpel - NE

TinderArts - NE

Mark Zeger - ATL

Noah Zark - DEN

sakari lindhen - KC

antimatter - NE

ProfD - WAS

Governor Silver - CLE

BlackandWhite - SD

Mr. Nightime -

MAJUSCULE - NO

Mizu - NYJ

Forceman - DET

==

This post will be updated as picks come in.

All picks must be in before the first game of the week, which is Thursday this week. :idea:

dB

Couple guys going way out on a limb with the Detwah pick. Interesting...

Of course, I'm going (theoretically) out on a limb with the Brownies, but Colt McCoy looked good in preseason, and he wasn't terrible last year, while the Bungles are starting a stone cold rookie who has been shaky in preseason.

Couple guys going way out on a limb with the Detwah pick. Interesting...

Now, Griff - it's not nice calling Brother Force a couple guys... :poke:

...and I'm not sure it's way out on a limb. I think the Lions are gonna be pretty good this year. :thu:

Colt McCoy looked good in preseason, and he wasn't terrible last year, while the Bungles are starting a stone cold rookie who has been shaky in preseason.

I hear that.

Matter of fact, I have McCoy as my backup fantasy QB in my (just for fun) NFL.com league (Vick is my QB in the $ league). I'm considering starting him rather than my #1 Joe Flacco - a better QB probably, but he's's playing Pittsburgh, who have...shall we say...a better D than Cincy. :eek:

dB

daviel is Dallas Cowboys for week one. Like Griffinator I have also become a Browns fan-Colt is carrying that talent and that 'Texas fight' to Cleveland, and I'm with him. But this week I'm picking Dallas.

Heh. I didn't say I became a Browns fan, I just thought they could beat a completely hapless offense in Cincy, lacking their marquee QB and any semblance of a receiving corps.

In short, I couldn't see any better opportunity to pick a team I don't believe will win more than half a dozen games this season. :D

Archived