Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

SK-1 and 2 Tips, Tricks and Other Cool Stuff.

I forget exactly where it is (I sold my SK) but I remember boosting a volume in there that brought the organ up. I think it was an EQ section.

Live: Korg Kronos 2 88, Nord Electro 5d Nord Lead A1

Toys: Roland FA08, Novation Ultranova, Moog LP, Roland SP-404SX, Roland JX10,Emu MK6

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

I'm pretty sure in the EQ section there is a level control as well- I didn't boost the individual bands when I did it. Check in the manual about the EQ section, like I said I don't have it anymore so I can't verify.

Live: Korg Kronos 2 88, Nord Electro 5d Nord Lead A1

Toys: Roland FA08, Novation Ultranova, Moog LP, Roland SP-404SX, Roland JX10,Emu MK6

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

The only thing to keep in mind about raising the overall organ volume is how you use the drawbars. There's a huge difference in volume going from using the first 3 drawbars to full organ. If you're just using jazz settings then you might think the organ is too low but if you're doing a lot of rock and blues with more drawbars out it's very loud. I do it all so it depends on the gig. I use a lot of AP, EP and clav as well as organ and haven't noticed any comparative volume issues.

Bob

Hammond SK1, Mojo 61, Kurzweil PC3, Korg Pa3x, Roland FA06, Band in a Box, Real Band, Studio One, too much stuff...

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello, I haven't been on here for quite awhile... my loss. I bought a SK1 in 2013 and I have never updated it. Do you think I can load the 8.4 update or should I find previous updates to build it up?

1954 B2, 1972 Porta B, Hammond XB2, Hammond Sk1, Roland Juno DS 61,1972 Leslie 122 RV,31H Tallboy, Leslie 2101 MKII and A Purveyor Of Fine Hand Made Quality Duck Calls and Turkey Calls.

Hello, I haven't been on here for quite awhile... my loss. I bought a SK1 in 2013 and I have never updated it. Do you think I can load the 8.4 update or should I find previous updates to build it up?

You should be able to just install the 8.4 update.

Hammond SK1

I'm so sorry but what am I doing wrong? Updating to 8.4 I can't get it to update.

1. Download update 8.4 (3 different times)Mac Computer

2. Unzipped files

3. Removed text files

4. Formatted USB stick (3 different ones 450Meg, 1Gig and 10Gig) 3 different brands.

5. Moved "15" files to the system folders. Checked to make sure the "15" files are in the System Folder, on memory stick,

6. Ejected Memory stick

7. Insert memory stick to the SK1 with the SK1 turned off

8. With the correct "3" buttons pressed, power up Sk1

9. It searches for USB, and then the message pops up "NO UPDATE FILES".

What am I missing? I"m beside myself!!!

1954 B2, 1972 Porta B, Hammond XB2, Hammond Sk1, Roland Juno DS 61,1972 Leslie 122 RV,31H Tallboy, Leslie 2101 MKII and A Purveyor Of Fine Hand Made Quality Duck Calls and Turkey Calls.

Not sure I bought it in 2013...Thought I updated to 7. How do I find out what I have?

Ok, I'm at work. I'll check tonight. Thank You!

It says Version Information 1.012

Main 1.62

Sub 1.025

DPS 1.009

BOOT 1.008

PRESET1.206

PANEL 1.100

Ok Thanks. I'll Try to add the tone wheel files. Thank You!!

• 1 month later...
Hello, I have problem with updating firmware 8.4. The electric pianos are with the notes without sound. When I do the update appears "no update data" Can someone send me the firmware release 7. I will be eternally grateful.

• 3 months later...
I play the SK2 and have a Leslie IV Combo preamp and a Leslie HL822 (11 pin connector). I would like to control the Leslie through the 8 pin Leslie connector on the keyboard and I would like to build the interface myself. A box XM-11 exists, but I could not find the schematic anywhere, though it apparently can be downloaded from the Hammond web. Do any of you have the schematic? anyone with tips regarding this challenge?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello, I'm trying to use Hammond Sk1 with KORG KRONOS:

- use Hammond SK1 for Upper part

- use Kronos to play Lower manual or Extra voices from Hammond SK1 (using midi channel 2 for LOWER)

- use sustain pedal (damper) connected to Hammond only for upper part only for notes playing directly on Hammond

- use sustain pedal connected to Kronos only for lower part playing on KRONOS

In other words I want to have both sustain pedals independent holding only notes from keyboard where are directly connected.

After all possible changes regarding Hammond SK1 MIDI settings, sustain pedal connected to Hammond SK1 still control both parts, also lower playing on KRONOS. Please do you have any tip regarding this challenge? Is it actually possible?

I have also disabled sustain for lower part (CONTROL -> DAMPER -> LDB OFF) but then my sustain connected to KRONOS doesn't sustain notes playing on KRONOS.

thanks

Peter

This is probably a stupid question. Does restoring to default factory settings wipe out the several system updates I've done since purchasing my SK2?

I already know restoring to default factory settings will wipe out my tweaked favorites, custom tonewheels, Leslie settings, etc.

Disregard my question. Hammond support already returned my phone message after just a couple of hours. SK1 / SK2 system updates are preserved during a restore to default factory settings.

Gigs: Nord 5D 73, Kurz PC4-7 & SP4-7, Hammond SK1, Yamaha MX88 & P121, Numa Compact 2x, Casio CGP700, QSC K12, Yamaha DBR10, JBL515xt(2). Alto TS310(2)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Jazzoo, It's possible that there is dirt/contamination in that particular key contact. Many times it can be cleaned without replacing anything. There's a thread here somewhere that refers to exactly this happening in an SK. Those Fatar actions can be more susceptible to contamination than some others. If it were me I'd try to find someone qualified to check it out if possible but you may be better with such things than I.