Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

SK-1 due Friday at my place......

KeyMoe

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hopefully it will be here in time for my gig.........plan is to replace the NE-3

Why are you replacing the NE3?

While the Nord sounds very good, the draw buttons drive me crazy. I wanted a light weight clone wheel with draw bars....

Montage 7, Mojo 61, PC-3, XK-3c Pro, Kronos 88, Hammond SK-1, Motif XF- 7, Hammond SK-2, Roland FR-1, FR-18, Hammond B3 - Blond, Hammond BV -Cherry

Good news. Did a system reset this morning and it seems to have cleared up the issues I was having. Hope that permanently fixes the problems.

I will spend some time this morning further reviewing. Again the organ itself (my main reason for the purchase) sounds very good!

Montage 7, Mojo 61, PC-3, XK-3c Pro, Kronos 88, Hammond SK-1, Motif XF- 7, Hammond SK-2, Roland FR-1, FR-18, Hammond B3 - Blond, Hammond BV -Cherry

Thank gawd. Now the wishy washy naysayers above can shut up. ;):D

I'm looking forward to your further reports, Matt!

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Thank gawd. Now the wishy washy naysayers above can shut up. ;):D

I'm looking forward to your further reports, Matt!

You had to do a RESET right out of the box??? That's encouraging... What type of piece of crap is Hammond/Suzuki selling to musicians? How can they sleep at night? Why would people buy such an untested, unreliable instrument?

(From a "Wishy Washy Nay-sayer")

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

There you go.

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

You had to do a RESET right out of the box??? That's encouraging... What type of piece of crap is Hammond/Suzuki selling to musicians? How can they sleep at night? Why would people buy such an untested, unreliable instrument?

(From a "Wishy Washy Nay-sayer")

How do you live with "Hammond" in your user name when their current products suck so bad?

It would be a problem if he was Hammondsuzukidave.

BTW Dave, you're not one I would call wishy washy about the SK1. You've been ragging on it all along. :D

(And no, I don't think it should require a reset out of the box. Who knows what happened though.)

LOL... Love you guys...

I only hope that you all know that most of this is tongue in cheek...

(Hammonddave... like Heckle and Jeckle... just another instigator....)

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

Isn't doing a reset one of the first things one does after playing with a new instrument for a few minutes? Also, as Mr. May mentioned, the software has gone through a few revisions. Some of which may have come about after the SK-1 was put in the box. There was probably a task force put together to go to the warehouse and install the newest (at the time) version in all of them before they were shipped. So they were probably unboxed, powered up, software loaded, reboxed and shipped.

What software version is in yours?

LOL... Love you guys...

(Hammonddave... like Heckle and Jeckle... just another instigator....)

:thu:

It doesn't come across that way. Maybe you can find a better way to entertain us.

Gigging: Crumar Mojo 61, Hammond SKPro

Home: Vintage Vibe 64

Well, I got my email today from Sweetwater that the SK1 is now officially in stock and shipping. I think someone on here jumped the gun. . .

'57 Hammond B-3, '60 Hammond A100, Leslie 251, Leslie 330, Leslie 770, Leslie 145, Hammond PR-40

Trek II UC-1A

Alesis QSR

So... where´s that honeymoon-ish-in-depth-style review that only a recent owner can give about a new instrument?? :D

My drawbars go to eleven.

Gear: Roland VR-09, Nord Electro 2 61, Korg CX-3. Hear my music: facebook.com/smokestoneband

Here is Ray's response....

On Jul 5, 2011, at 2:53 PM, Ray Gerlich wrote:

Matt

There are no updates. Can you hear this problem in a headphone as well. I wonder if this is not a problem in the speaker.

Regards

Ray

Ouch!!!!! - disappointing!

Here is Ray's response....

On Jul 5, 2011, at 2:53 PM, Ray Gerlich wrote:

Matt

There are no updates. Can you hear this problem in a headphone as well. I wonder if this is not a problem in the speaker.

Regards

Ray

Ouch!!!!! - disappointing!

What about the "longer" version of your review? :cop:

"The purple piper plays his tune, The choir softly sing; Three lullabies in an ancient tongue, For the court of the crimson king"

Just been busy and haven't had the time to dig into it......

Matt

A little more. I am player it through a K8 at this time. The organ sounds very good. Good grind, good bite. Real punchy, something I cant seem to get with the NE3. Not sure on the percussion yet. May need to be tweeked. The sim is not as dramatic as the vent although I have not A/B'd yet. (will do at rehearsal tomorrow) The acoustic pianos are still a question. I have rehearsal tomorrow night, so we will see how it feels and cuts. The epianos are nice but not much variation. Basically a Rhodes, Wurly and FM. Rhodes is nice but I think I prefer the NE3. The wurly is usable, not much to say and i basically don't use the FM piano. More to come.....

• 2 weeks later...

Good news!!! Well both Sweetwater and Hammond offered to send out a new SK-1 to replace my unit which continued to lock up. I accepted Sweetwater's offer and they overnighted one out.

Played the replacement board last night for about 3 hours and it sounded and performed flawlessly.

So now we expect a full review. :D

More on that. XK3c which was placed to the left of SK-1 on Hammond booth at Musikmesse 2011 went out with it's display still on/ - come, pick the headphones, press the keys - no sounds at all. Guys at the booth had to replace the unit. Looked like overheating or some software bug. SK1 unit I tested there seemed OK though. Not a best strategy to start an 'Electro killer'.

Archived