Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

John Lennon Meets David Lee Roth...

NoahZark

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The best I've ever heard Dave Lee Roth sing..... errrmm does that say something???

Yep, it says you weren't really paying attention the first time you heard him sing that song, since that vocal track was lifted from the original.

Errrmmm again - I don't think so... the original included loads of "wow's", "yeh's" & all the type

of crap that 'interfered/trod on' a lot of perfectly good/great Van Halen songs, due to his inflated ego.

The above version was 'toned-down',

& shows what Dave Lee Roth could've been like if he wasn't so much up his own a**

John.

some stuff on myspace

Nord: StageEX-88, Electro2-73, Hammond: XK-1, Yamaha: XS7

Korg: M3-73 EXpanded, M50-88, X50, Roland: Juno D, Kurzweil: K2000vp.

How is that done? Do you need access to both multitracks to get the parts so clean? Or is there software these days that is awesome at isolating/removing vocals?

www.dazzjazz.com

PhD in Jazz Organ Improvisation.

BMus (Hons) Jazz Piano.

my YouTube is Jazz Organ Bites

1961 A100.Leslie 45 & 122. MAG P-2 Organ. Kawai K300J. Yamaha CP4. Moog Matriarch. KIWI-8P.

The best I've ever heard Dave Lee Roth sing..... errrmm does that say something???

Yep, it says you weren't really paying attention the first time you heard him sing that song, since that vocal track was lifted from the original.

Errrmmm again - I don't think so... the original included loads of "wow's", "yeh's" & all the type

of crap that 'interfered/trod on' a lot of perfectly good/great Van Halen songs, due to his inflated ego.

The above version was 'toned-down',

& shows what Dave Lee Roth could've been like if he wasn't so much up his own a**

Yes, the masher stripped out all the extraneous crap Dave insisted on adding after he did the basic vocal track - but the foundation vocal was exactly the same as the above, except the above had no guitars and drums and other such annoyances to obfuscate the actual performance. ;)

BTW - this guy Mighty Mike is quite good at his craft.

http://mightymikesnewboot.blogspot.com/

You're quite right there mate - talk about turning a pigs' ear into a silk purse! :idea: - (sort of)

..... you know what I mean.

John.

some stuff on myspace

Nord: StageEX-88, Electro2-73, Hammond: XK-1, Yamaha: XS7

Korg: M3-73 EXpanded, M50-88, X50, Roland: Juno D, Kurzweil: K2000vp.

Thanks for sharing that, Noah. It had my wife and I in stitches.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

:freak::sick:

[video:youtube]

So if someone requests this song, tell them you only do the Paul Anka version.

Whoa, that was a bad idea.

The mashup was interesting, more for the conceptual juxtaposition than the music, though it's amazing it works as well as it does musically. The chord change under "Jump" is kind of where it falls to the ground, imo. Mostly I found myself thinking about the beauty and timelessness that simple piano part, isolated as it is.

Gigging: Crumar Mojo 61, Hammond SKPro

Home: Vintage Vibe 64

:freak::sick:

[video:youtube]

So if someone requests this song, tell them you only do the Paul Anka version.

Whoa, that was a bad idea.

Not really, no worse than Pat Boone doing lounge covers of metal tunes (or me doing hardcore metal covers of lounge and show tunes...)

The only thing I'd say was bad about it was when he blew the lyric - "you say you don't know... you won't know until you begin" (he said "don't" both times) - kind of rendered a significant line pointless.

The mashup was interesting, more for the conceptual juxtaposition than the music, though it's amazing it works as well as it does musically. The chord change under "Jump" is kind of where it falls to the ground, imo. Mostly I found myself thinking about the beauty and timelessness that simple piano part, isolated as it is.

Hard to not be distracted by John's soulful playing.

Archived