Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

KeyB organ & GAS

Tom Fiala

After hearing Joey D talk up the KeyB Duo on the video clips here...I'm getting some serious GAS for this. It sounds very nice indeed - but of course, Joey D could make a crappy clone sound great!

Is it available in the US yet? Is XP audio (Motion-sound) the US distributor? (If so, nothing has been posted on their website yet...)

Tom F.

"It is what it is."

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
I gotta say that thing does sound amazing. Agreed he can make an XK-1 sound incredible but... Those demos were nice to see. It looks to have everything covered. I`d love to get my hands on one.

Motif ES7

Korg Triton Pro76

Roland Fantom X8

CP -33

Custom B-3 Chop w/ 145 Leslie

As much as I admire Joey's playing, he's kinda lost credability in my book. Over the years, he's endorsed Voce, Hammond, Diversi, KeyB & who knows how many other clone manufacturers. Kinda hard to believe him when he talks about someone finally getting it right every time he switches companies.

Custom Music, Audio Post Production, Location Audio

www.gmma.biz

https://www.facebook.com/gmmamusic/

Although his demo was very impressive, I agree with mcgoo. I think that Joey has a substantial financial interest in this product. I would try to hold off and wait to hear from some of the "mere mortals" who are lining up to buy this.

JP

1935 Mason & Hamlin Model A

Korg Kronos 2 73

Nord Electro 6D 61

Yam S90ES

Rhodes Stage 73 (1972)

Unfortunately Mcgoo your right on w/ that assesment. And honestly it always effects the way I listen to anything Joey D endorses. That said the Keyb did sound amazing.

Motif ES7

Korg Triton Pro76

Roland Fantom X8

CP -33

Custom B-3 Chop w/ 145 Leslie

I got to play a couple of KeyBDuos back in October. They were impressive. I would still put them a notch or two behind the XK-3c, but they were still really fine instruments.

That's interesting. Because I was left with the impression that they blew everything else out of the water.

JP

1935 Mason & Hamlin Model A

Korg Kronos 2 73

Nord Electro 6D 61

Yam S90ES

Rhodes Stage 73 (1972)

I got to play a couple of KeyBDuos back in October. They were impressive. I would still put them a notch or two behind the XK-3c, but they were still really fine instruments.

That's interesting. Because I was left with the impression that they blew everything else out of the water.

JP

The Leslie sim and C/V weren't quite up to snuff, and the percussion didn't quite sound like I like percussion to sound - not enough thunk, and particularly not enough down low. The raw tonewheel sound also wasn't quite as good IMO, but honestly I think it's hard for anyone to compete with Hammond's very high quality samples by using pure modeling at this point. Someone's going to get there, but it just hasn't happened yet.
A ROMpler is just a polyphonic turntable.

Archived