Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Official NFL 2010-2011 Thread

Geoff Grace

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man, I feel sorry for Charles Woodson. He lost his first Super Bowl with the Raiders, and now he's out for the second half of this one.

What a blow to the Packers defense! I hope Green Bay's offense gives us a better second half than they had against the Bears.

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

That's 3 calls....

1) Phantom face mask that put the Steelers at the 50 at the end of the half.

2) Catch and fumble ruled incomplete.

3) Ineligible man downfield while a Steeler was holding on to a Packer jersey the whole way down (penalties should have offset).

Man, I feel sorry for Charles Woodson. He lost his first Super Bowl with the Raiders, and now he's out for the second half of this one.

...And I forgot to mention, so are Donald Driver and Sam Shields.

Well, you play who you've got. It's amazing the Packers even made the postseason with 10 starters on the IR list coming into this game.

Now, they've just got to find a way to hold on during the 4th quarter.

Best,

Geoff

That's 3 calls....

3) Ineligible man downfield while a Steeler was holding on to a Packer jersey the whole way down (penalties should have offset).

I agree. He had caught it and made the turn. Clearly had control of the ball.

Block in the back on the punt not called.

The Packers aren't doing themselves any favors with a few dropped passes, but yet again, the questionable calls are all going the Steelers way.

YES!!! Packers 31, Steelers 25 Final

The Lombardi trophy returns to Title Town! :thu: :thu: :thu:

My condolences to Mike, Dan, and Richie. The Steelers made a good game of it and outplayed the Packers during the second half.

I'm SO GLAD Green Bay held on to win! :cool:

http://www.geoffgrace.com/Pictures/Packers1.jpeg

GO PACKERS!!! :thu:

Best,

Geoff

That's 3 calls....

You must be wearing green sunglasses. How about Heath Miller's incompletion in the first half? As Heath jumped for the ball, he was carrying the weight of the attached Packer defender with him. No call.

There were a couple of ticky-tack holding calls, too, always against the Steelers. It was a poorly officiated game all around.

The Black Knight always triumphs!

My condolences to Mike, Dan, and Richie. The Steelers made a good game of it and outplayed the Packers during the second half.
Mine too. The Steelers played tough.

This game was a sort of tongue in cheek validation for me. See, I'm from Wisconsin originally. My mom is a lifelong Packers fan (and a Packers stock holder too). My folks were at the Ice Bowl. I was born during the first half of the last game the Packers beat the Cowboys in Dallas for about a quarter of a century, at least that's what mom always told me. It was definitely the end of Packers dominance over the Cowboys for about 25 years. When my mom woke up from the anesthesia after I was born, the first question she asked was 'What's the score?' She playfully never let me forget that I made her miss that game.

After the game tonight, I called mom to celebrate the win with her. Since the Packers won this Super Bowl in Dallas' new barn, I just couldn't resist. As I was getting off the phone with her, I asked "So does the win tonight in Dallas forgive my birth?" Mom got a good laugh out of that. I love my mom, I love football, I love the Packers, but I particularly love that they got this win in Dallas.

Go Pack!!!!!!

A ROMpler is just a polyphonic turntable.

But GB got one back when it mattered most, and welcome to the 3-win club, Green Bay

Thanks, Scott. :cool:

You're off by one, however--in the tens column. That's a record 13 NFL Championships!

(If you're just talking about Johnny-come-lately Super Bowls, then you're still off by one. Green Bay is now 4-1 in Super Bowls.)

Best,

Geoff

Archived