Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Official NFL 2010-2011 Thread

Geoff Grace

It doesn't matter to me which team wins. I just want to see a competitive game.

However, I do believe the Packers may have edge considering their momentum from the last few regular season games through the playoffs.

Both teams played with less fire in the 2nd half of their divisional game. Hopefully, they won't do that in the SB. :cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Both teams played with less fire in the 2nd half of their divisional game. Hopefully, they won't do that in the SB. :cool:
If they both do that at the same time, it will remain even and we might not be able to tell, right? ;):cool:

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Can someone help me? I can't remember. Is there a game tomorrow?

Oh yeah, that's right... It's the Super Bowl... What were the two teams playing again?... Hmm... Let's see...

I remember now: it's the Pittsburg Steelers and...

The Green Bay Packers!!!

Yeah, baby!!! :thu:

:cool: :cool: :cool:

Thanks for letting me get that out of the way. :wave:

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

Seven selected for Hall of Fame: Deion Sanders, Marshall Faulk, Shannon Sharpe, Richard Dent, Ed Sabol, Les Richter and Chris Hanburger.

As a fan of defensive players and the Ramskins, Chris Hanburger was one of the football heros of my childhood. It's good to see him finally make the Hall of Fame. And as a fan of the Broncos, I'm glad to see Shannon Sharpe join him. :thu:

As a fan of the Los Angeles Rams, I'm also glad to see Les Richter finally make the Hall. He retired shortly after I was born, so I never got to watch him play; but he put LA's defense on the map before the glory days of the Fearsome Foursome and was long remembered after he was gone. It's too bad he didn't live to see this day.

Ed Sabol, the founder of NFL Films, beat out three of the top 10 receivers in NFL history (Cris Carter, Tim Brown, and Andre Reed ), two of the top five rushers (Curtis Martin and Jerome Bettis), and Charles Haley, the only player in NFL history with five Super Bowl rings. As Redskins general manager Bruce Allen put it, "The phrase I've heard from the selection committee was, 'Can we write the history of the game without mentioning so-and-so?' We can write the history of the NFL without Ed Sabol -- but we sure wouldn't be able to watch it."

Best,

Geoff

by Geoff Grace:

The Green Bay Packers!!!

Well Geoff, you're half right. Its the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Green Bay Packers tonight!

Here's hoping it's a competitive game.

And yeah Scott, the Steelers didn't have to play the Patriots to get to the Super Bowl because NE lost before Pittsburgh could play them. But we both know that NE has always dominated the Steelers. I wanted to see NE beat the big mouth Ryan and company and the Steelers going to NE to get to the Super Bowl. I'd would have rather the Steelers lose in the AFC Championship game than lose today. But it wasn't my choice.

Scot, one thing I didn't understand was why hoody wasn't able to make any "adjustments" to what the Jets were doing in the first half of that game and take the game away from the Jets?? Also, poor clock management on the part of NE in the second half. I never got that??

Too late now......

Cheers,

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

Ok, it's sunny and 72 degrees. PERFECT weather for a Super Bowl. What more could the teams and fans attending the game ask for? Oh wait, that's the weather here in Los Angeles. Sorry Dallas. (Now, where did I put that sunscreen???)

by Geoff Grace:

The Green Bay Packers!!!

Well Geoff, you're half right. Its the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Green Bay Packers tonight!

Oops, sorry about my spelling error, Mike. :facepalm:

Well, you learn something every day: my spell checker didn't catch my mistake because--in addition to the well-known Pittsburgh--there are also a number of Pittsburgs in the US.

Here's hoping it's a competitive game.

+1 :thu:

Best,

Geoff

I might add...if someone had to really twist my arm and force me to choose a team, the Packers might edge out the Steelers for me, if only for these reasons:

1. The Steelers have won enough Super Bowls already.

2. I don't like Roethlisberger.

3. Any team that has fans that wear cheese on their heads wins points with me.

Hmm.......

1. There's no such thing as "enough" Super Bowls.

2. I don't like Roethlisberger either.

3. Its OK to wear cheese on your head, I guess. In Pennsylvania, we EAT our cheese. I can prove it too, just look at all the FAT PEOPLE that live here!

Cheers,

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

Yeah, I'd say that Pennsylvania makes pretty good use of cheese: Philadelphia cream cheese, cheesesteaks, etc.

As for me, I'm going southwest style with my cheese today: six layer dip, chili & cheese, nacho cheese Doritos, and the like. It's too hard to find fondue around here. ;)

Best,

Geoff

Wow. Brutal half!

I was pretty happy when the Packers were up 21-3. But after they lost three members of their defensive backfield and the Steelers narrowed the score to 21-10 at the half, well the game is up for grabs if Green Bay's backfield doesn't come back near 100 percent.

Best,

Geoff

What a mistake they turned up the mic on Fergie.

This should keep the kids happy. Retarded is the only polysyllabic word 'Will I Am' has ever used in a song.

Slash is there since half of Fergie's songs "My Humps' aren't listenable.

And I should have guessed it; retarded is not Politically Correct so they dropped a syllable and went with 'started' instead.

And now we have autotune. Better than the CSI medley?

What a gruesome rendition of the anthem. Wow.

Hall of Shame!

Above and beyond the overdone vocal embellishments, she forgot the words (if she ever knew them) and randomly switched meters in a very unmusical way.

Next year, hire someone to SING the national anthem rather than trying to PERFORM it.

The Black Knight always triumphs!

Archived