Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

KC NAMM dinner!

Dave Bryce

So far we have:

dB

Geoff

Eric

steadyb

Markyboard

Ken Eleven Shadows

zxcvbnm098 +1

IvorycJ +1

Marzzz +1

Mike Martin

jfinstad

Bobadohshe

nmcq

Dave Pierce +1

Jason Stansfeld

Still Learning

Steve Leblanc

Steve Fortner

Gus Lozada

Surprise guest :whistle::D

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Reservation has been bumped to 24. :rawk:

This list will be updated as/if more people can attend.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This time my companion is not nearly so good-looking -- it will be my brother instead of my wife......he does play bass, and at least he's better looking than me. ;)

--Dave

Bummer no Audrey? Didn't she have fun last time at Joey D? So what you're saying is your bro is hotter than you but not as hot as Audrey. I'm having trouble visualizing what that could possibly be like but I'll take your word for it.

:D

She had a blast last year, but she's starting a new business on January 1, and she knew that Mitch wanted to go, so she basically said "you boys have fun, I'll catch you next time".

Let's face it though, it's not really that tough to be "hotter than me". That's a pretty long list... :P

--Dave

Make my funk the P-funk.

I wants to get funked up.

My Funk/Jam originals project: http://www.thefunkery.com/

So far we have:

dB

Geoff

Eric

steadyb

Markyboard

Ken Eleven Shadows

zxcvbnm098 +1

IvorycJ +1

Marzzz +1

Mike Martin

jfinstad

Bobadohshe

nmcq

Dave Ferris +1

Jason Stansfeld

Still Learning

Steve Leblanc

Steve Fortner +1

Surprise guest :whistle::D

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Reservation has been bumped to 24. :rawk:

This list will be updated as/if more people can attend.

dB

Please add Dave Pierce +1

Thanks!

--Dave

Make my funk the P-funk.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still waiting to score a NAMM ticket from my source who's come through every year, but regardless of that I'm in.

How about everyone introduces themselves with their own personal defining lick on a community melodian?

Kidding.

Neil

myspace.com/AlteredDominant www.Prymary.com

NordElectro3/S90XS/SteinwayS(midi'd)/KX88/Apple MBP, iMac/MainStage2/Scrbee/NI Komplete/ApogeeDuet/QSCplx1804/JBLmrx512/SpcStnSRX/LogicPro9/DP/ProTools

yeah I'll put up with the Mexican too, not too big a deal for those of us who have been living here in Mexico for a while.

Si, somos mexicanos honorarios porque vivamos en Los Angeles...

Do you accept Mexicans?

If so, I'm SO IN.

:wave:

Hey Gus.

I just listened to the link in your sig, and WoM is cool! Very nice music.

As for your question, I am from San Jose, so it's not even worth answering... ;):wave:

--Dave

Make my funk the P-funk.

Some of you may remember my friend Chris from last year, who joined us at the dinner and also went with us to see Joey D. Can he join us again this year? I'm not even sure if he can, but I figured I'd ask first. Thanks. Also, if there's a caravan to see Joey D, I may be interested, depending on when and where. I don't want to dash off suddenly from the dinner, so if it's, like, at 9:00 or something like that, then I'm not interested.

Some of you may remember my friend Chris from last year, who joined us at the dinner and also went with us to see Joey D. Can he join us again this year? I'm not even sure if he can, but I figured I'd ask first. Thanks.

I feel a bit uncomfortable now, being put in a position where I'm being asked to decide who should or shouldn't come; however, since I'm the one organizing the dinner, I guess it's my call...

...so I'd say that if it's someone who's going to be left high and dry if you come, by all means bring them, but it seems to me that we should do what we can to keep this to the folks who actually frequent the forum as much as possible.

Does that sound reasonable?

dB

Imagine I'm coming to L.A. tomorrow and will be there for six weeks? I'd like to join, if passes and seating are available. Let me know how to go about it, if I need to purchase anything etc.

local: Korg Nautilus 73 | Yamaha MODX8

away: GigPerformer

home: Kawai RX-2 | Korg D1 | Roland Fantom X7

I'd like to join, if passes and seating are available. Let me know how to go about it, if I need to purchase anything etc.

There are no passes for the dinner - you just have to say you're coming...are you definitely coming?

Re: the show - it is a dealer show, and passes are not available for sale to the general public. While (as an exhibitor) I occasionally have some extra passes, those are usually spoken for this close to the show, as is the case here. Sorry...

dB

Where is dinner? And is there a dresscode? :whistle:

If it is not too far from Redondo Beach I reckon it'd be fun to meet y'all in person!

local: Korg Nautilus 73 | Yamaha MODX8

away: GigPerformer

home: Kawai RX-2 | Korg D1 | Roland Fantom X7

Where is dinner?

Buca Di Beppo in Garden Grove.

And is there a dresscode? :whistle:

Only if you're from out of the country... ;)

If it is not too far from Redondo Beach I reckon it'd be fun to meet y'all in person!
When you're coming from Africa, I'm not sure Redondo to Anaheim can be considered far...but you're probably looking at 45 minutes to an hour by car, depending on the time of day/route you take.

dB

Some of you may remember my friend Chris from last year, who joined us at the dinner and also went with us to see Joey D. Can he join us again this year? I'm not even sure if he can, but I figured I'd ask first. Thanks.

I feel a bit uncomfortable now, being put in a position where I'm being asked to decide who should or shouldn't come; however, since I'm the one organizing the dinner, I guess it's my call...

...so I'd say that if it's someone who's going to be left high and dry if you come, by all means bring them, but it seems to me that we should do what we can to keep this to the folks who actually frequent the forum as much as possible.

Does that sound reasonable?

dB

Yeah, no worries, he's not coming. I just wanted to check and see.

Archived