Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

KC NAMM dinner!

Dave Bryce

It's not quite true that the dinner didn't happen last year. We in fact had a nice little gathering, although it wasn't at Bucca and it was dBless. Considering that I got near food poisioning last year at Todai, I'll welcome a change back to Bucca. Friday it is. For now, count me in.

-Bobby

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's that part of the year when I feel... good? Generous? In Christmas spirit? Full of well-behaved resolutions for New Year?

No - I feel [font:Fixedsys]FILLED WITH ENVY AND JELOUSY[/font] because I don't live on the right (well, actually left) side of the Atlantic! (Or the right side of the Pacific)

In short, it's NAMM time!!!

Do I care about NAMM? Not a bit. Music fairs are all the same - you walk all day, trying to put your hand on new instruments in an impossibly noisy environment, playing the "I'm cooler than you" role when meeting people in the industry, and basically living in an useless madness for a day or two. Plus, you can have real-time updates thru the internet, without losing all that time and energy.

All my envy is about the KC dinner. You're all busy organizing it, and I can't be there. Aaargghh! :mad:

What can I say... have fun, and have a couple on me. :D

I'm in, for sure. Would be a kick meet all the people with whom I've been chatting for a few years.

All these keyboards players in one room at the same time; what a prime target for the out-of-work-rhythm-guitar-players terrorist groups ;-) !!!

Reminds me of:

Q: How many keyboards players does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

A: One, but first he has to rewire the whole house.

thx

Neil

myspace.com/AlteredDominant www.Prymary.com

NordElectro3/S90XS/SteinwayS(midi'd)/KX88/Apple MBP, iMac/MainStage2/Scrbee/NI Komplete/ApogeeDuet/QSCplx1804/JBLmrx512/SpcStnSRX/LogicPro9/DP/ProTools

Man, for a second there -- just a brief second -- I saw your post and I thought, Hey maybe Carlo's coming to LA!

You'll be missed, my friend.

Best,

Geoff

Maybe one of these years we should get a little kitty going to bring Carlo to one of these dinners. Of course, we'll have to make sure it's a year I get to come too ;)
A ROMpler is just a polyphonic turntable.

You'll be missed, my friend.

Hey Geoff, I'm still alive! :D There's time...

Actually, last time I was in LA it was '99 - just a few months before joining KC, and being aware of the existence of a man called dB... :)

I certainly want to come back to California some day.

I will also be at NAMM again this year. This time my companion is not nearly so good-looking -- it will be my brother instead of my wife. :)

I will definitely make the dinner if there is still room. My brother isn't a forum member, do you guys mind if he joins us? He does play bass, and at least he's better looking than me. ;)

--Dave

Make my funk the P-funk.

I wants to get funked up.

My Funk/Jam originals project: http://www.thefunkery.com/

18 now....20 if you include the Keyboard editors, a couple of whom are planning on attending.

One other thing I wanted to mention - last time I tried to organize one of these, several people who said they were going to attend didn't show, and didn't even let us know they weren't going to come.

I believe Buca takes on a different attitude about parties when they're over 20 - last I heard, they required a deposit at that point, and want you to order your food in advance...which turned out to be a Bad Thing last time when a bunch of people didn't show - we had more than a few plates full of uneaten food that had to be paid for, which was a bit embarrassing to me, since I was the one who had ordered the food. :rolleyes:

That means if anyone else signs up, I probably have to change the status of the reservation and pre-order the food (and they may want to split us up into two tables). Consequently, if you are RSVPing to this (especially if you're planning on bringing non-forum guests), please make sure that you will be able to attend.

Please note - this is not intended to discourage anyone who'd like to attend from joining us - just wanna try and get it right this time.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

dB,

I may have been one of those that intended on going and didn't once in the past. I will confirm my work commitments this week and let you know.

-Mike Martin

Casio

Mike Martin Photography Instagram Facebook

The Big Picture Photography Forum on Music Player Network

The opinions I post here are my own and do not represent the company I work for.

This time my companion is not nearly so good-looking -- it will be my brother instead of my wife......he does play bass, and at least he's better looking than me. ;)

--Dave

Bummer no Audrey? Didn't she have fun last time at Joey D? So what you're saying is your bro is hotter than you but not as hot as Audrey. I'm having trouble visualizing what that could possibly be like but I'll take your word for it.

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

I'll definitely be at NAMM, and - though I'm not a "regular" in this forum, I'm an avid lurker, and I'd love to attend the dinner.

I'll actually have the time this year ...

I'm there the whole weekend, so any time's good for me.

Glad to have you, Jason! As previously mentioned, we'll be meeting at Buca Di Beppo Friday night at 7:30.

dB

I'm just lucky I can't go, due to my bannination and all...

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

I will finally have a chance to meet up with you characters at this years KC NAMM Dinner. Dave, please add me to the list and thanks for putting all of this together. I'm looking forward to the dinner even more than the show, (unless the Dean guitar booth-babes start hitting on me that is...) :idea::whistle::thu:
When most people go to work, they work. When musicians go to work, they play. Which do you prefer?

I sure wish I could join you guys at this shindig. Sounds like it will be a blast. I'm glad to know, however, that Eric and Mark will be there proudly representing the Forum's Mid-Atlantic contingent.

Eric: Wear your nicest shirt! ;)

Noah

Phew. Nothing showed up in my inbox

Hmm...weird...maybe I sent it to the wrong email address...

Well, regardless...there's a NAMM badge currently being held in yer name for will call in Anaheim. :thu:

BTW - no worries if you don't use it - i always get a few extra, and can always change the name....and they're free. :cool:

dB

You just ain't right...

I can live with that - none of my favorite people are... :idea:;)

It gets worse - you can fly from Indy to John Wayne Airport in Irvine for $197 roundtrip (US Air, Saturday stayover...tried to paste a link from Expedia, but it times out).

:wave:

dB

Archived