Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

O.T.: Beer and Tomato Juice

Ed Coury

I played an outdoor festival a couple of weeks ago, and saw a banner for something called "Chilada." It was billed as a mix of Bud Light and Clamato (which is a mix of tomato and clam juice).

Well, I love Clamato, but mixed with beer? I tried it -- and I loved it! I also tried plain tomato juice mixed with Bud Light and it worked out as well. Anyone else try this?

"Oh yeah, I've got two hands here." (Viv Savage)

"Mr. Blu... Mr. Blutarsky: Zero POINT zero." (Dean Vernon Wormer)

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love Clamato too, but I've never tried it with beer.

I've been in Illinois for the last two weeks, on the border of St Louis. Been trying some of the summery style beers like Bud Lite Lime, and the Michelob's with the fruit in them. Great summer beers, and I normally don't like Bud.

What we record in life, echoes in eternity.

MOXF8, Electro 6D, XK1c, Motif XSr, PEKPER, Voyager, Univox MiniKorg.

https://www.abandoned-film.com

For Bloody Mary, Clamato is much better than V8. V8 is MUCH better than tomato juice.

I love a well-made Bloody. :love:

And I'm pretty fond of beer too.

In moderation, of course. :cool:

One of the smartest things we ever did when we remodeled the kitchen was to move the old refrigerator to the basement. My beer likes to hang out there... waiting for the weekend parties. :thu:

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

One of the smartest things we ever did when we remodeled the kitchen was to move the old refrigerator to the basement. My beer likes to hang out there... waiting for the weekend parties. :thu:

Mine was a Father's Day present, and is in the garage. Nothing like mixing power tools & alcohol.

What we record in life, echoes in eternity.

MOXF8, Electro 6D, XK1c, Motif XSr, PEKPER, Voyager, Univox MiniKorg.

https://www.abandoned-film.com

For Bloody Mary, Clamato is much better than V8. V8 is MUCH better than tomato juice.

I love a well-made Bloody. :love:

Thanks, ITGITC, I love you too.

Seriously, I'm afraid to try this recepie. What if I don't like it? It'll be wasting a perfetly good beer..

Have to mention something. I don't drink bloody Mary, don't like vodka. Aint that weird?

Stage: MOX6, V-machine, and Roland AX7

Rolls PM351 for IEMs.

Home/recording: Roland FP4, a few guitars

Can't say I've ever tried beer with tomato juice. However, I just discovered Labatt Blue Light at a band job last weekend, and I'm in love. :love: :love:
Reality is like the sun - you can block it out for a time but it ain't goin' away...

If it's a good beer, leave the tomato juice out of it. But if all you've got is the cheap stuff, like Bud, some tomato juice will almost make it palatable.

"In the beginning, Adam had the blues, 'cause he was lonesome.

So God helped him and created woman.

Now everybody's got the blues."

Willie Dixon

Real men don't put fruit in beer.

Stan

Gig Rig: Yamaha S90 XS; Hammond SK-1; Rehearsal: Yamaha MOX8 Korg Triton Le61, Yamaha S90, Hammond XK-1

Retired: Hammond M2/Leslie 145, Wurly 200, Ensoniq VFX

I first saw beer and tomato juice in college. It seemed to be a small town/rural thing. They called 'em "red beers".

More nutritious than plain beer, especially if that's what you're having for breakfast.

; )

aka âmisterdregsâ

Nord Electro 5D 73

Yamaha P105

Kurzweil PC3LE7

Motion Sound KP200S

Schimmel 6-10LE

QSC CP-12

Westone AM Pro 30 IEMs

Rolls PM55P

Can't say I've ever tried beer with tomato juice. However, I just discovered Labatt Blue Light at a band job last weekend, and I'm in love. :love: :love:

Labatt's Blue (& Blue Light) - it's pretty much the Canadian national beverage! Pretty good stuff, too. Glad you like it! What's Ohio's most famous beer?

As for beer and tomato juice - well, I don't think there's any need to do that, now is there? :)

I played an outdoor festival a couple of weeks ago, and saw a banner for something called "Chilada." It was billed as a mix of Bud Light and Clamato (which is a mix of tomato and clam juice).

Well, I love Clamato, but mixed with beer? I tried it -- and I loved it! I also tried plain tomato juice mixed with Bud Light and it worked out as well. Anyone else try this?

It's called a "Red Eye" around here, and is purportedly an excellent cure for an Anheiser-Busch-product-induced hangover.

I don't drink Anheiser Busch products, so I wouldn't know...

What a waste of a good beer.... is there something wrong with vodka and clamato? are they divorced or something?

Jimmy

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others. Groucho

NEW BAND CHECK THEM OUT

www.steveowensandsummertime.com

www.jimmyweaver.com

What's Ohio's most famous beer?

It's called POC (Pride of Cleveland)

Works great on stains too!

Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer. W. C. Fields

What a waste of a good beer.... is there something wrong with vodka and clamato? are they divorced or something?

No, no, no, you don't use a good beer for Red Eyes - in fact, the bar I used to work for (many moons ago) used Natty Light....

(ETA)

As to the Bloody Mary issue...

Also not likely to be unique to this area, many bars only have a "beer and wine" license, not a "liquor" license - plus if the "ABC Package Store" (state-run liquor store) is closed, you're SOL on the vodka...

To me, nothing sounds more disgusting than mixing tomato juice and clam juice (of all things). I see that stuff at the grocery store and wonder if they've even sold a single bottle. :sick:

But apparently, they have. Perhaps it's one of those things that's much better than it sounds, and maybe I'll gather up my courage and try it one of these days. As for mixing it with beer, I don't think I'm quite ready for that yet. I still haven't gotten bored of regular beer.

Archived