Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

The Reharm Room

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SK, your minor piece wasn't so minor after all. Very nice!

No guitarists were harmed during the making of this message.

In general, harmonic complexity is inversely proportional to the ratio between chording and non-chording instruments.

Thanx NYKeys. I certainly could and should have played that tune a lot better, but it was brand new. I believe I did mute "the strings" with the soft pedal, or maybe I just played dynamically softer.

Going OT now on this thread, I like this: Generally inspired playing throughout most of it and nice material to play over. Miguel Zenon on sax is burning. Sort of similar to my new tune, kind of "jazzical." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWlGw-sUxj4&feature=related It's good to actually listen to a little music too, with the music debates outside this room.

Just in case someone has tried the links to my contributions to the thread: They aren't on DivShare, but they might be down for other reasons. I asked a guy to help me improve the graphics on my site, and he made a mess of the layout I had set up. :mad:

Hopefully, I will restore all my links in a few days/weeks.

What a drag. Were they all divshare, Richard? I know divshare had a problem a while back and some files were lost. Most of mine weren't affected, as far as I know. Unfortunately, my first humble reharm is still there.

Yes, all divshare. Maybe it has something to do with how often you log into divshare? Just a thought. I haven't logged in for quite a few weeks, so maybe they thought it was ok to delete my files.

I put some of them on my myspace page, so in case anyone's interested, they're there.

Just noticed something. If you log on to this thread as a guest, it's only 29 pages. But when logged on as a member, you get the full 43 pages....

The number of pages depends on how you have the posts per page configured in your preferences, for example, I have mine set to 15 posts per page and I have 58 pages
A ROMpler is just a polyphonic turntable.

I'm jonesin'
For bones tonesin'...

Trying a 700GX distorted Rhodes on a whim. The last chord is reharmful.

(edit: Distorted 'Tones For Jones' Bones' removed. I've decided it was a little too 'out there' for public consumption.)

Until other stuff is posted, my offerings are starting to get increasingly weird. :cool:

• 2 weeks later...

I just got back from vacation and saw that this thread was placed somewhere in Utah ... so to speak.

I was away for three weeks and it will take at least a week to be back in shape but I hope to add more to this most important thread.

I will admit the Keytar thread is tempting though.

So, where the f*** is everyone?

No guitarists were harmed during the making of this message.

In general, harmonic complexity is inversely proportional to the ratio between chording and non-chording instruments.