Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT...All I Want for Christmas

MusicWorkz

...or Hanukkah, Kwanzaa and/or Festivus...

Its that time of year again. Time for gift giving and receiving. And LOTS of wishing, a task made infinitely easier by all this new, exciting and desirable gear that have been released for our GASeous pleasure.

So since this is the season to be jolly (and just in case there IS a Santa Claus), I want to have my list ready and checked twice:

1. Dave Smith Instruments Prophet 08

2. Apple Dual 3 GHz Mac Pro with 30 Cinema HD display

3. TL Audio Fat Track

4. Reason 4.0

5. Mackie Control Universal Pro

Whats on your wish list this holiday season?

Yamaha (Motif XS7, Motif 6, TX81Z), Korg (R3, Triton-R), Roland (XP-30, D-50, Juno 6, P-330). Novation A Station, Arturia Analog Experience Factory 32

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MW, I want this season to come and go quietly with my pockets "relatively" intact. :D

The funny thing is, there is nothing I really want in terms of KB GAS. I do plan to cop some PA stuff. :):cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

The funny thing is, there is nothing I really want in terms of KB GAS.

Help, this man is dilirious! We need two units of Sweetwater catalog, pronto!!

The same catalog with PA stuff, right? Sweetwater Winter 2008 coming up! I'll throw in the B&H catalog while we are at it.

Yamaha (Motif XS7, Motif 6, TX81Z), Korg (R3, Triton-R), Roland (XP-30, D-50, Juno 6, P-330). Novation A Station, Arturia Analog Experience Factory 32

The funny thing is, there is nothing I really want in terms of KB GAS.

Help, this man is dilirious! We need two units of Sweetwater catalog, pronto!!

:laugh::D

No kidding.

Man... I wanna hear the PC3. Of course, it's got to be a lot better than the PC2X for me to spend the money. I'm still hoping that they'll come out with a 73 key version.

OK, I never bought the HDTV. That's on the list.

Plus, I need a couple of cars for 2 daughters... but that's another story.

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

OK, I didn't think a bunch of keyboardists cared about PA stuff. :D

I plan to cop a 15 w/horn, 18" sub, amp and some outboard stuff. A real simple mono set-up suited for a jazz power trio. :):cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

I picked up about everything I needed that was keyboard related earlier this year. Only thing I've asked for is a small bass amp, which I found and put on lay-away so my wife can pick it up and wrap it. She hates the fact that I pick and buy my gift each year -- so this gives her the feeling that she's buying something, and keeping it wrapped until Dec. 25th.

I was a BAD boy on Black Friday. I was visiting relatives in Columbus, OH, got bored at 2am, and went to a 24-hour superstore (Meijer). They were putting a limited number (20) of 32" LCD HDTV's on sale (760/1080p!) for $399. Now, we already have an HDTV, but I couldn't bring myself to leave the store.....such a deal! I got in line, waited until 5am, and bought one (even though I vowed I would not put anything else on a charge card this year). Kept it wrapped for a day, wrestling with my conscience (should I return? Sell on eBay?), but I opened it yesterday.

"Oh yeah, I've got two hands here." (Viv Savage)

"Mr. Blu... Mr. Blutarsky: Zero POINT zero." (Dean Vernon Wormer)

I'd like a Motion Sound SL-200 "slave" to go with my KP200s... never, ever seem to find one of them used.

My Nord Stage Compact should be here on Wednesday (GAS struck early this year!!)

And, since I haven't decided on it yet, Speakeasy stereo preamp.

Yamaha U1 Upright, Roland Fantom 8, Nord Stage 4 HA73, Nord Wave 2, Korg Nautilus 73, Viscount Legend Live, Lots of Mainstage/VST Libraries

I have a need for speed... I want a speaker or horn that rotates fast and slow. I really want a Leslie but will be happy with a Motion Sound or Speakeasy box. Then I want a cordless mic so if I get the urge I can become the dancing bear. I also want another external hard drive so I can load it up with tunes.

Jimmy

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others. Groucho

NEW BAND CHECK THEM OUT

www.steveowensandsummertime.com

www.jimmyweaver.com

I have a need for speed... I want a speaker or horn that rotates fast and slow. I really want a Leslie but will be happy with a Motion Sound or Speakeasy box.

Me too. I want a Motion Sound Pro 3X and a Hammond XM-2 module so I can finally have the dedicated clonewheel with genuine moving air.

I'm good in most other areas of my musical life.

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

I want the babe that delirium posted above, along with a "small" island in the south seas to enjoy some "quality time' with her. If you're going to dream, dream big or stay home. :D

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

I want my kitchen and bathroom renovation projects to come in on time and on budget. Then, I want some time to replenish the bank account so I start to indulge my GAS once again. Until then, however, it's all countertops and appliances for me.

Noah

I want my kitchen and bathroom renovation projects to come in on time and on budget. Then, I want some time to replenish the bank account so I start to indulge my GAS once again. Until then, however, it's all countertops and appliances for me.

Noah

I was there last year. It's amazing how much leeway you have to buy gear once the wife is happy with the renovations (providing there's still a little dough leftover).

What we record in life, echoes in eternity.

Montage M7, MOXF8, Electro 6D, XK1c, Motif XS Rack, PolyEvolver, Voyager, Cobalt 8X, Univox MiniKorg.

https://www.abandoned-film.com

My needs are simple... :D

A full, high-quality recording/reharsal studio equipped with a Schimmell concert grand, lots of excellent microphones, 3 or 4 individual recording boots, and all my keyboards plus maybe an Oasys, a Neuron, a Solaris and dozens of hot softsynths...

AND a long vacation, let's say six months, AND one or two beauties of the opposite sex to bring with me (but not *all* the time. :D ).

I'm still deciding whether to ask Santa for a new band or not. Until then, a few gas cards to keep my Yamaha FZ-6 fueled would be nice... :thu:

You a brave man, Mr. Botch.

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/assets/content/images/600/08FZ6_blue_6d_ff5d88ab.jpg

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

Botch:

Don't I remember reading in a post somewhere that you're something like 6' 4" tall? If so, how do you fit on that tiny little crotch rocket?!?!

Noah

That's right.

And he specializes in blowing up things for a living. :eek:

Yeah.

Why do you think I call him "Mr. Botch"?

In fact, I think I'll rephrase that to "Mr. Botch, Sir". :D

Botch:

Don't I remember reading in a post somewhere that you're something like 6' 4" tall? If so, how do you fit on that tiny little crotch rocket?!?!

Noah

6'5", but who's counting? ;)

That bike has a more upright seating than an R1 or R6, I fit on it ok, although my Mom came out to visit a couple months ago and had to take a pic of me sitting on it, I did look a bit silly (not as bad as on the Vespa, though...)

Botch

In Wine there is Wisdom

In Beer there is Freedom

In Water there is bacteria

OK, if we're going to dream, might as well dream big.

Korg M3-88 so I can cut down to 2 boards.

JBL PRX515 for small gigs.

QSC RMX1450 & a pair of JBL JRX115 for stereo gigs (I'll fix my Crown as a back-up, and my Peaveys are getting old)

Hammond XK-3 (Upgrade from my XB-2)

"In the beginning, Adam had the blues, 'cause he was lonesome.

So God helped him and created woman.

Now everybody's got the blues."

Willie Dixon

If I can dream....how about a Hammond B3p? I wouldn't even care if Santa let it fall off the truck in front of the house.

As long as it doesn't fall off the sleigh... on top of the house!

Botch

In Wine there is Wisdom

In Beer there is Freedom

In Water there is bacteria

Archived