Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Who do you think has the best music-related logo?

Darcity

Out of all of the logos that I have seen over the years, I have ALWAYS loved the Oberheim logo. So much that I almost had it tattooed on my shoulder. Who do you like? http://www.hammondhire.com/images/Obie.jpg
Yamaha MODX8, Korg Kronos 2 61, Hammond B3, Novation 61SL MKII, Impulse 61, Roland D-550, Proteus 2000, etc......to name a few.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yamaha had their old diapasons-thingies that for years, I believed was some kind of leaf. Most others are just variations on the corporate name logo, nothing like the original, cheerful Oberheim seal.

And Darcity, please don't get a tattoo...find those old, cool embroided jackets instead.

Tuneforks!! that's the word I was looking for. so obvious...

I'm so used to calling them 'diapasons' that I totally forgot the english equivalent. thanks

That must be what they are. I had to look closely one time because I always felt silly assuming it was a leaf when looking down to it.

I agree with ARP. It's simple & elegant, with initals souding very musical.

So much that I almost had it tattooed on my shoulder.

Almost? Is this what we've become, walking billboards? The logo of our jeans in plain view, initials on our shirts, name brand on our eye glasses .... and now almost tattoos.

Something's not right.

No guitarists were harmed during the making of this message.

In general, harmonic complexity is inversely proportional to the ratio between chording and non-chording instruments.

As for the tattoo, it would've been the only one. FYI, When I was in the Marines, I chickened out every time when our squadron decided that we would "brand" ourselves :crazy::cry:.... besides, me and needles aren't the best of friends. And you actually think that I would get one voluntarily??? :crazy:

I'll get the jacket!! :thu:

Yamaha MODX8, Korg Kronos 2 61, Hammond B3, Novation 61SL MKII, Impulse 61, Roland D-550, Proteus 2000, etc......to name a few.

Yes, it's three tuning forks. I always enjoyed seeing it on the gas tanks of their motorcycles.

I never looked that closely at their logo before to realize they were tuning forks. I always thought is was an exploding atom or something. In any case, I don't really like it that much as a logo.

There are 10 kinds of people in the world...those who can read binary, and those who can't.

Yes, it's three tuning forks. I always enjoyed seeing it on the gas tanks of their motorcycles.

I never looked that closely at their logo before to realize they were tuning forks. I always thought is was an exploding atom or something. In any case, I don't really like it that much as a logo.

To each their own. I've always liked it.

I don't know about that Oberheim logo. Is that supposed to be bow legged eigth notes fisting itself from both sides?

--wmp

So much that I almost had it tattooed on my shoulder.

Almost? Is this what we've become, walking billboards? The logo of our jeans in plain view, initials on our shirts, name brand on our eye glasses .... and now almost tattoos.

Something's not right.

There was a time when logos appearing on caps, t-shirts, etc were given away as FREE PROMOTIONAL ITEMS from the corporations. Nike, among others, changed that when brand became fashion.

I agree with Dave - style over substance is one of my pet peeves. And I cover logos on all my gear, 'cause no corporation's paying me to advertise for them.

Back on topic... as a graphic designer I must say as a music-related logo, Keyboard's is one of my favs, as well as moog's.

Here for the gear.

I cover my logos too....with 2 stickers. One says "YOUR AD HERE", and the other says "PEOPLE BEFORE PROFIT".

T

Back in the '80s, I masked off "Roland" on my JX8P and Juno106. One of them was "ola" and the other was "land of ska" (I was in a ska band). I may have some photos of this someplace. I also masked off my DX7IIFD to be simply "aha"

+1 for the Yamaha tuning forks.

To the younger cats growing up with these Skittles colored keyboards, part of the reason keyboards turned colors i.e. SILVER, RED, PURPLE, etc., was an effort of manufacturers to make their brand stand out while cats covered up the company name. Take on me. Aha. :D:cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

Out of all of the logos that I have seen over the years, I have ALWAYS loved the Oberheim logo. So much that I almost had it tattooed on my shoulder. Who do you like? http://www.hammondhire.com/images/Obie.jpg

I see why. I already have my 3rd one picked out, but dayum if that wouldn't be a good 4th tatt...It doesn't look like a corporate logo at all...

Yamaha (Motif XS7, Motif 6, TX81Z), Korg (R3, Triton-R), Roland (XP-30, D-50, Juno 6, P-330). Novation A Station, Arturia Analog Experience Factory 32

+1 for the Yamaha tuning forks.

To the younger cats growing up with these Skittles colored keyboards, part of the reason keyboards turned colors i.e. SILVER, RED, PURPLE, etc., was an effort of manufacturers to make their brand stand out while cats covered up the company name. Take on me. Aha. :D:cool:

Younger than when? I had an Acetone in '67 or '68 that was red. How long have Skittles been around?

Here for the gear.

How could I forget the "k" in keyboard? :thu:

i agree as well. The Oberheim logo doesn't look like it is attached to any one company...besides non-keyboard playing musicians would never know anyway. :)

BTW, I know that my soft rebuttal didn't satisfy Dave Horne. That what makes him great! :deadhorse:;)

Archived