Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Informal Drop In OT Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm toying with the idea of putting piccolo bass strings on the Peavey. A couple of things stand in my way:

a) it's not my bass, it's Pierre the drummer's

b) it's good to have one fretted bass around

I do want to see how much fun a wide-string-spaced, long-scale 4 string electric guitar would be to play though.

£5.52, i think thats...$11.04 or is it....$2.76?

Roughy $3, pretty tough to live on I say.

Minimum wage for a 16 year old is £3.40. At the current exchange rate thats less than $6.80 and dropping.

18-21 is £4.60

22+ is £5.52

You seem to know alot about money in the UK....

I got paied fopr 8 hours work last week (my first week) at the rate of £5.52. Today I got a full weeks pay slip. Only getting pair £4.40 perhour. Maybe you know why its like that?

Okay I got my hair cut! Its now this short *shows how short using hand*

Lets get down to business gentlemen! I want that bagel now!...Don't forget the lettuce!

Tim lives in England, Karl. I've had the pleasure of meeting him. Indeed, we got to play together. I don't think Tim is on minimum wage though! ;)
Still, he knows loads!

Lets get down to business gentlemen! I want that bagel now!...Don't forget the lettuce!

Karl.

Sometimes your logic leaves me trailing in its wake. :confused:

Tim,

We saw some great High School marching bands in the Rose Parade in Pasadena this year. The whole parade is getting more corporate which is a drag but its still very efficiently run. There were some huge bands of up to 300 students. :o

The drumlines were a little less funky than last time I went but the music was still good and very tight and powerful.

There was a band from a Japanese High School - Akashikita High School from Hyogo and a huge band from El Salvador.

Here's an site that lets you convert many file format to many other file format as well as downloading videos (e.g. Youtube etc) without downloading any software:

http://www.zamzar.com/url/

Excellent, I always needed a tool like that :thu:

The problem with conversion software (if you choose just to use their free trial) is that it only lasts a certain number of days and it is often limited in use. Thanks for the heads up.

• 2 weeks later...
Its....Its alrite (she was really thinking 'You little bastard, Tomorrow you are going to be dumped at the bottom of the sea with that tv')

In case you missed this on the male singer thread:

a lounge classic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e01C3AqzjlE

Rowbee, you made my day!

He's really cool. I must admit, I really LOVE lounge. Hell, I love my dad's record collection. I'm just so glad I can now call it "lounge". :D

Oh... Is THAT what "a hot toddy" is..? Yeah, it doesn't sound terribly nice. I think I'd rather have the whisky neat.

BTW: look out for drinks with milk in them, I don't remember the chemistry involved but they tend to be a lot stronger than one would think.