Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Low Down Lowdown

An outlet for all bassists to discuss their ideas, ask questions, and share their knowledge with each other.

Low Down Lowdown.jpg

24,729 topics in this forum

1. Aguilar DB359

• 4 replies
    • 15 replies
    • 12 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 2 replies
  2. off topic but hey..

• 8 replies
  3. Another Amp

• 3 replies
  4. Favorite New Gadget 1 2

• 44 replies
    • 1.8k views
    • 3 replies
    • 3 replies
  5. Recording Practices

• 6 replies
  6. we, the bass people...

• 3 replies
    • 8 replies
    • 3 replies
  7. Why do you buy?

• 15 replies
    • 12 replies
    • 4 replies
  8. An Opinion.

• 14 replies
  9. Right said Ed!

• 1 reply
    • 3 replies
    • 1 reply
  10. Rusty Allen - Fresh

• 0 replies
    • 1.2k views
  11. What's wrong with this statement?

• 1 reply
  12. Song Books

• 1 reply
    • 6 replies
  13. Fretless

• 8 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 4 replies
  14. Hartke aluminium cone

• 5 replies
    • 2.2k views
    • 1 reply
    • 34 replies
  15. Ric 4003 vs. 4001

• 6 replies
  16. Biggest pet peeve

• 15 replies
    • 12 replies
    • 2.8k views
  17. Tendonitis

• 15 replies
    • 1.1k views
    • 5 replies
  18. Hipshot Xtender

• 6 replies
  19. Why do we do this?

• 21 replies
    • 3 replies
  • Trending posts on MPN

• I love all my apple devices. My 2020 iPad M1 pro is the center of my performance rig. You can’t beat the screen size and the power. But now I am so tempted to buy this new tricked out M4. As great as my present iPad screen is, the tandem OLED looks absolutely amazing!  Also, the thing is wafer thin!  Can I justify it?  You bet!  
    • The last OS for which Avid supported the Digi 002 was SIERRA — which came out almost eight years ago.  They dropped support with High Sierra in fall of 2017.    Whatever happens there is not on Apple; it's on Avid. 
    • I just installed a Silicon Labs Virtual Com Port driver onto the Mac USB to communicate with an external radio.   Thankfully it worked and was available, otherwise, I'd have had to purchase a PC. 
    • The Michael Omartian interview recounts this phenomenon.    When they would cycle through bands on a single song, Omar was the common musician on piano that they would keep.   He joked to Walter and Donald,  "Maybe I'm the problem".    Walter and Donald didn't get the joke and deadpanned,  "Nah".        In fact, what they were doing was cycling through bands in search of their ideal drum track, discarding all of the other players tracks during the process.    You would think they would just cycle the drummer, but they had some preconception of how the combinations worked to bring whole new bands.   Then there's that famous video of choosing the Peg guitar soloist.   Not sure if Jay Graydon was part of the rotating band or not.   Finding that solo seemed to be an orthogonal project, but maybe not.
    • Yeah, I wouldn't really have any reason to ditch my Digi 002 interface.
  • In MPN’s GEARLAB

• I remember seeing the ads in Keyboard and a picture of the Odyssey on the Musicians Friend catalog. I really wanted one but ended up with the MiniMoog because it was available. In the late 70's you didn't have a lot of choices in a small rural town. Was very interested when this came out but reviews of the horrible touch pads scared me away. Wish it had more jacks for interfacing with the Behringer 2600. Still, maybe someday. Wonder how it compares to the Korg version?
    • Carlo, you make that Oddy sound fabulous! I have a black-face Oddy and Axxe in my garage, have had both since the '80's, and both need new sliders, probably new caps, and a ton of cleaning. But hearing you play it made me feel nostalgic for that sound! Given the price of the Behringer, it'll probably be cheaper to just buy a new one than to fix mine.
    • OT - just a comment on the original white face Oddy - I modified mine so I had an octave up/down switch. Also changed the pitch knob to one which had a notch sticking out so that I could curl my little finger round it and be confident that I could return it to the neutral position. And I managed to rewire the modulation slider on the first oscillator so that the second oscillator modulated too. It was all very ambitious of me, with not much real understanding of what I was doing, but it worked nicely. i hung onto it for years, only selling it off about 10 years ago. Nowadays I occasionally use the app on the iPad. It’s close enough for me.
  • Come join MPN’s Clubs!

• Blog Entries