Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Low Down Lowdown

An outlet for all bassists to discuss their ideas, ask questions, and share their knowledge with each other.

Low Down Lowdown.jpg

24,729 topics in this forum

1. Info on "House Gigs"

• 6 replies
  2. strings opinions?

• 3 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 7 replies
  3. Ashbory Bass

• 9 replies
  4. Jazz bass tone

• 3 replies
    • 11 replies
    • 1.1k views
    • 5 replies
  5. Fender VS. G&L

• 10 replies
    • 7.9k views
  6. Ed Friedland

• 13 replies
    • 21 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 7 replies
    • 10 replies
  7. flatwounds

• 8 replies
  8. Best EUB maker?

• 4 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 32 replies
    • 2.6k views
  9. Leo Fender

• 1 reply
    • 3 replies
    • 10 replies
  10. choice of 3...

• 8 replies
  11. Fender 5-strings

• 4 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 8 replies
    • 12 replies
    • 24 replies
  12. Best pick up..lines

• 3 replies
  13. Bossa bass

• 0 replies
  14. wireless systems

• 2 replies
    • 8 replies
    • 0 replies
  15. Amp as a PA?

• 3 replies
  16. Beatles Songs

• 6 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 26 replies
    • 5 replies
  17. Please Help

• 1 reply
  18. Dead Spot

• 4 replies
    • 3 replies
  • Trending posts on MPN

• There are still quite a few I would like to see in software, both from a nostalgia perspective and from a modern UI perspective.   I’d love to see Korg add the DS-8 4-op FM synth to their legacy collection, and perhaps the Trinity. The Z1 would be a nice add as well.   A Kawai K5000 would be awesome (previously mentioned). And I’d love to see whatever remains of Emu released as software (Proteus, etc). Arturia recently did the Ensoniq SQ80, but it would be cool to have a true VFX as well. Last but not least, I’d love a model of the Roland JX-10. IK’s Syntronik/Sampletank has a sampled version that is OK, but that simple digital/analog hybrid has always been special to me.   On the modern front, I’d love to see Kurzweil do a native VAST-based soft synth. They won’t, but it would be awesome to edit on large screens.   Todd
    • I have little doubt that modulars offer tremendous depth and uniqueness, but I’ve never made much of an effort to delve into them. I do own the Arturia Moog Modular, but I’ve never used it in a track. Reaktor and many others are very powerful synths, but most of the parts I need and want are pretty simple.   Todd
    • That thread was because I created a thread and the forum software made a duplicate.  In the past I had rights to delete my own threads.  
    • AI software synth.   Feed it a patch you like from a recording.  It will recreate it with its own parameters.  Not exactly right?  The parameters are there for you to tweak until you’re happy with it.  https://micromusic.tech/     Free download.  
    • When Night Music was on air I used to set my alarm clock to wake up for every episode.  Thank you, David Sanborn for introducing me to so many great musicians and music          
  • In MPN’s GEARLAB

• I remember seeing the ads in Keyboard and a picture of the Odyssey on the Musicians Friend catalog. I really wanted one but ended up with the MiniMoog because it was available. In the late 70's you didn't have a lot of choices in a small rural town. Was very interested when this came out but reviews of the horrible touch pads scared me away. Wish it had more jacks for interfacing with the Behringer 2600. Still, maybe someday. Wonder how it compares to the Korg version?
    • Carlo, you make that Oddy sound fabulous! I have a black-face Oddy and Axxe in my garage, have had both since the '80's, and both need new sliders, probably new caps, and a ton of cleaning. But hearing you play it made me feel nostalgic for that sound! Given the price of the Behringer, it'll probably be cheaper to just buy a new one than to fix mine.
    • OT - just a comment on the original white face Oddy - I modified mine so I had an octave up/down switch. Also changed the pitch knob to one which had a notch sticking out so that I could curl my little finger round it and be confident that I could return it to the neutral position. And I managed to rewire the modulation slider on the first oscillator so that the second oscillator modulated too. It was all very ambitious of me, with not much real understanding of what I was doing, but it worked nicely. i hung onto it for years, only selling it off about 10 years ago. Nowadays I occasionally use the app on the iPad. It’s close enough for me.
  • Come join MPN’s Clubs!

• Blog Entries