Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Let's hear it!!! Post your music here!

Hello.

Me and a friend of mine did a cover on "Love is the drug" of Roxy music.

[video:youtube]

Kurzweil K2661 + full options,iMac 27",Mac book white,Apogee Element 24 + Duet,Genelec 8030A,Strymon Lex + Flint,Hohner Pianet T,Radial Key-Largo,Kawai K5000W,Moog Minitaur,Yamaha Reface YC + CP, iPad 9th Gen, Arturia Beatstep + V Collection 9

https://antonisadelfidis.bandcamp.com

Some of the keyboard section from Pink Floyd's "Dogs" performed by my band Echoes on Friday night. Cheesy strings are from the FA08, with 2 sounds layered. One is a solina type sound and the other is a heavy phased string synth sound that I fade in and out with an expression pedal. The lead synth is a sound I programmed specifically for this section of the tune.

Echoes- Dogs

Live: Korg Kronos 2 88, Nord Electro 5d Nord Lead A1

Toys: Roland FA08, Novation Ultranova, Moog LP, Roland SP-404SX, Roland JX10,Emu MK6

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

Cool Dan. Great job! Must be a lot of fun doing that gig :)

Thanks! Yes, very much fun!

Live: Korg Kronos 2 88, Nord Electro 5d Nord Lead A1

Toys: Roland FA08, Novation Ultranova, Moog LP, Roland SP-404SX, Roland JX10,Emu MK6

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

Quick Christmas song I did for my Facebook friends last year. Piano is Kurzweil 1000PX, strings are Oberheim OBSX.

When I was in high school I learned a bunch of ragtime and built a medley of them. They have a beautiful 1939 Steinway D grand piano in the auditorium that they had fixed up back then, so I recorded the medley. It was recorded on a cheap cassette recorder (this was 1981 of earlier).

• 2 weeks later...

Combining my two passions: Music and Flying. The DJI Mavic Pro is supposed to be crappy at night video, but I don't think it's bad at all. Biggest obstacle (you'll see them throughout the vid) is the utility lines which are (of course) on my side of the street, and almost invisible at night. Sloppy playing provided by "One Take Jake" on my NE4D.

Jake

1967 B-3 w/(2) 122's, Nord C1w/Leslie 2101 top, Nord PedalKeys 27, Nord Electro 4D, IK B3X, QSC K12.2, Yamaha reface YC+CS+CP

"It needs a Hammond"

• 2 weeks later...

Great minds think alike, Steve......your medley mirrors mine in my drone vid two up from here.....

Vince Guaraldi never got the recognition he deserved - especially for writing a Christmas standard 52 years ago.

Nicely done.

Jake

1967 B-3 w/(2) 122's, Nord C1w/Leslie 2101 top, Nord PedalKeys 27, Nord Electro 4D, IK B3X, QSC K12.2, Yamaha reface YC+CS+CP

"It needs a Hammond"

Ok, I'll put my stuff out. I had done some scores for a local grant work on small town histories, and had one I wanted to do for myself on the seasons in upstate New York. Here's a link to Quad-A Year In Seasons.

keys:Nord2 HA88,Roland FP50,Yamaha MOXF8,Yamaha P105

cabs:SSv3,QSC K8.2

Ok, I'll put my stuff out. I had done some scores for a local grant work on small town histories, and had one I wanted to do for myself on the seasons in upstate New York. Here's a link to Quad-A Year In Seasons.

Nice job coaxing those sounds out of vintage equipment. Great video.

Jake

"It needs a Hammond"

Wow, Paul. That is really good. Beautiful sights and sounds.

Steve Coscia

Combining my two passions: Music and Flying. The DJI Mavic Pro is supposed to be crappy at night video, but I don't think it's bad at all.

I fly my Mavic almost exclusively at night. If you manually set the ISO and shutter, you can get some really nice video. I think it's the best commercial drone on the market right now: What it lacks in camera res. over the P4's it makes up for in range, portability, and quiet operation.

Combining my two passions: Music and Flying. The DJI Mavic Pro is supposed to be crappy at night video, but I don't think it's bad at all.

I fly my Mavic almost exclusively at night. If you manually set the ISO and shutter, you can get some really nice video. I think it's the best commercial drone on the market right now: What it lacks in camera res. over the P4's it makes up for in range, portability, and quiet operation.

I actually started this flight with 2.7K@30 iso 800, but got a lot of flare between houses, so I landed and restarted using auto. I appreciate the tips: my flying is OK, my photography skills meh..... I'm always willing to learn.

Jake

"It needs a Hammond"

This is a result of playing around with the sequencer in my VFX-SD, driving a Motif XS6, DX7, and DeepMind12.

TRANSITION

Hardware

Yamaha MODX7, DX7, PSR-530, SY77/Korg TR-Rack, 01/W Pro X, Trinity Pro X, Karma/Ensoniq ESQ-1, VFX-SD

Behringer DeepMind12, Model D, Odyssey, 2600/Roland RD-1000/Arturia Keylab MKII 61

Software

Studio One/V Collection 9/Korg Collection 4/Cherry Audio/UVI SonicPass/EW Composer Cloud/Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian/IK Total Studio 3.5 MAX/Roland Cloud

• 2 weeks later...

Since making the video of Celebrate on the previous page, we've had an agent come to our rehearsal and give us tips. Turns out a promo video is supposed to be 2 minutes. You can still make a 5-7 minute video for your fans, but an agent only wants to see 2 minutes. Here is the updated video of Celebrate. Same as the previous page, but no mistake and shorter. [video:youtube]

There's a group of agents who will have a showcase once a year for the HOAs, Condos, and Country Clubs. The schedule is then set for the entire year. Otherwise you have to call places directly and try to get in.

I sent all our info to an agent in South Florida (Video, Web Site, Facebook), and now we might be playing the Pompano Beach Sea Food Festival in April. The agent said he liked our video, so making a pro video is worth it.

I also cut a 2 minute version of Solid Brass (horn band) which I'm now with full time. This band needs to make a pro video, but for now the live video I shot is the best we have.

So the point of this updated post, is if you're making videos for an agent, keep them at 2 minutes, and the studio video is worth the money.

Korg 01W/FD, Hammond XK-2, Neo Ventilator2, JBL Eon, Rhodes 88

• 2 weeks later...

ciao!

celebrating 10 years on youtube :laugh:

(as always, assumed that I'm NOT a musician)

this is a new version of the same song I covered in my very first "One Man Band" video, 10 years ago, now with vintage instruments. and I'm vintage too...

and I'm wearing the same shirt I had in the video of 10 years ago (and using the same pc too :-) )

due to my current precarious health conditions (Crohn's Desease), these recording sessions were painful (I lost some kgs and my face testify the pain), but I wished to share this anniversary anyway.

A terrific Niacin song, played with Jon Lord sound (Leslie + Marshall in parallel)

Hey Marco, first I wish you good health. I know about the disease you are suffering from and how disabling it can be.

Next, I want to congratulate you on this video. The amount of time this must take is way beyond my comprehension.

Lastly, what an impressive collection of musical instruments you have. Your neighbors must love you. :laugh:

Hang in there my brother and keep making the music. :2thu::cheers:

:nopity:

I also want to say what a video, and sorry about your condition.

I played along on my keyboard in front of my computer while watching. It's a great tune to jam along with going from Em to Am, the little walk down is Em - Em7 (d lower note) Em6 (A# lower note) C Dsus4, Em. Has a modulation in the middle up to F#m to D, then Gm to C, Am to Em. I was shredding along on an Em and Am scale. Everyone, put this tune on and jam along. Your hand will be worn out but it's a lot of fun.

thanks a lot everybody!!!!

:cheers:

Your neighbors must love you. :laugh:

yes, hope they do :laugh:

by the way... both leslie and bass cabinet are closed into two dedicated "iso-box" so during the day no problems with volume. the only thing making just a little bit of noise are drums cymbals: they are real brass cymbals (with dedicated triggers in their rear side)

The drum kit sounds good. How did you capture its sound for the recording?

it's a completely triggered/"silent" drum kit.

all drums with mesh head and the real cymbals with a little plastic silencer on the rear side.

it is connected via midi (with a very old Roland TD6 module, used just as controller) to my very old pc, using different Drums library/VST. In this case it's a Dennis Chambers library I purchased back in 2007!!!!!!

My band's new EP is available at our Soundcloud. All keys there are from my trusty Nord Electro 2 plugged into 2 boutique low gain all tube guitar amps. Being from Brazil, our music is in portuguese, so I guess many of you won't understand. But I hope you can dig it besides that!

And here's a studio clip of the lead single:

My drawbars go to eleven.

Gear: Roland VR-09, Nord Electro 2 61, Korg CX-3. Hear my music: facebook.com/smokestoneband

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Solid Brass played the Valentines concert, the same place as the video a couple posts above this one (Seabreeze Amphitheater in Jupiter FL). I made two videos, each 2 minutes long. It rained before we went on, but then stopped. The crowd stayed, we estimated 3k in the audience. That's why the stage is wet and we're close together.

• 2 weeks later...

Just another of my left hand bass nuggets. The difference is I just took delivery of a Traveler TB-4P bass. A little heavier than my Mark I, but I can coax a real P-bass growl out of it.

Jake

"It needs a Hammond"