Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Let's hear it!!! Post your music here!

Did a quick Prince cover this weekend on a friend's CP-70. Lemme know what you think!

Nice playing, Eric. The CP certainly has a distinct sound, worked well, IMO, in this context. :thu:

disclaimer : I own a Yamaha CP 70 so maybe I am biased. ;)

:nopity:

Did a quick Prince cover this weekend on a friend's CP-70. Lemme know what you think!

Nice playing, Eric. The CP certainly has a distinct sound, worked well, IMO, in this context. :thu:

disclaimer : I own a Yamaha CP 70 so maybe I am biased. ;)

Definitely dig your playing on the CP!!.

J  a  z  z  P i a n o 8 8

--

Yamaha C7D

Montage M8x | CP300 | CP4 | SK1-73 | OB6 | Seven

K8.2 | 3300 | CPSv.3

Dug you Prince thing Eric. Man, I hadn't played that since it came out in the '70's. Not that what you played was wrong because it can be whatever you want it to be, but you could try voicing it like this and you might get a little more grease out of it...either way

http://www.linwoodbell.com/clientdownloads/iwb.jpg

Dug you Prince thing Eric. Man, I hadn't played that since it came out in the '70's. Not that what you played was wrong because it can be whatever you want it to be, but you could try voicing it like this and you might get a little more grease out of it...either way

Sorry I didn't get back to this sooner. The post wouldn't let me edit and I thought I should make myself clearer as a don't wanna sound like I'm raggin' but more trying to be helpful:

You might play it differently with a band, but I got the F# on top to kind of hint at the pedal the guitar plays. Also when you sub the Ebm for the B/D# you create a problem for yourself because the melody is hitting a B natural an octave above your Bb in the Ebm. It muddys things up even if just for that split second of a beat in time. If you play B/D# it'll clear it up. So the Ebm sub is something I wouldn't do. I'm subbing a Abm11 for the Ab11 that brings you back to the E. Ab11 might be better there, Prince would know. I'll go away now...lol

bang

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah Eric! Nice pocket, my fellow Canadian.

I mentioned this in the Shameless Plugs thread but I'm so proud, humbled, honoured & privileged by this: I'm on piano on this new song written by Brazilian songwriter Cézar Mendes and sung by Marisa Monte. This was recorded in Marisa's house on her Yamaha grand, engineered by Mario Caldato Jr. (Beastie Boys, Seu Jorge). The first EP (of 3) is out now and also features Djavan & Fernanda Montenegro.

[video:youtube]

My Site

Nord Electro 5D, Novation Launchkey 61, Logic Pro X, Mainstage 3, lots of plugins, fingers, pencil, paper.

Hello.

Back in summer of 2017,me and a friend of mine, decided to form an electro pop duet to honor all the great songs and bands we listened back in the eighties.

This duo is called The JellyFish Project.

We wrote four songs (two with Greek lyrics and two in English) and we cover two more songs. The first is Love Is The Drug by Roxy Music and the second is L.O.V.E. Machine, from the heavy metal band, W.A.S.P.

All these songs are included in our first EP, Deadly Sting. It is our independent production, and you can download, for free, from our Bandcamp page.

https://thejellyfishproject.bandcamp.com/

I want your opinion for the songs, especially the two covers.

Thanks !!!

Kurzweil K2661 + full options,iMac 27",Mac book white,Apogee Element 24 + Duet,Genelec 8030A,Strymon Lex + Flint,Hohner Pianet T,Radial Key-Largo,Kawai K5000W,Moog Minitaur,Yamaha Reface YC + CP, iPad 9th Gen, Arturia Beatstep + V Collection 9

https://antonisadelfidis.bandcamp.com

Thanks David! Not too shabby yourself. Still in awe of your session.

Sorry I didn't get back to this sooner. The post wouldn't let me edit and I thought I should make myself clearer as a don't wanna sound like I'm raggin' but more trying to be helpful:

You might play it differently with a band, but I got the F# on top to kind of hint at the pedal the guitar plays. Also when you sub the Ebm for the B/D# you create a problem for yourself because the melody is hitting a B natural an octave above your Bb in the Ebm. It muddys things up even if just for that split second of a beat in time. If you play B/D# it'll clear it up. So the Ebm sub is something I wouldn't do. I'm subbing a Abm11 for the Ab11 that brings you back to the E. Ab11 might be better there, Prince would know. I'll go away now...lol

bang

Man, so sorry I didn't get back to YOU sooner, linwood. Thanks for taking the time to score it out and record, I really appreciate it. I knew I was missing something but I couldn't quite figure it out. Doh! I was kinda working off this live clip (beginning of the edit) but obviously still need some ear training. Heh.

Funnily enough, another guy had some much less constructive criticism in a Facebook group. And I quote, "I hate to be a meanie, but it sounds like you've omitted everything about that keyboard part that made it so great. I mean... it's an epic keyboard part, and it sounds like you've reduce it to something anyone could write. ...and that sort of "let's take something genius and make it mundane" thing offends me. I'm not sure if you're leaving out crucial color tones or what, but... you're butchering it somehow. You went astray thinking you could improve upon what Prince wrote." Kinda also sounds like he has no clue what he's talking about. :laugh:

I wasn't criticizing, but since you asked for comments I thought to share. It's just music and no one gets hurt. It's funny, when I heard the Ebm and that B an octave above it in the melody it reminded me of when I was taking lessons from Dave Blumberg and that was one of his thingsif he saw or heard you do that he'd make you change it and sure enough everything gets clearer. He'd correct me and I'd make that same mistake over again and he'd say to me " Why are you so f$%#*)g dense?" HAHAHAI work all the time with one of the bg singers that was with Prince for many years, in fact up until the end. I've heard versions of her doing the tune and the guitar player was playing Abm/Eb with the Ab on top. Go figure. No biggie you still kicked a$$ on it.

Totally, and I appreciate that you chose to share with such tact and humility! Obviously not something everyone gets haha. Indeed, a lot of people play it a lot of different ways, but I meant to play B/D#, but couldn't put it together in time for the shoot. Ah well, it's done now, most people don't hear the difference, and I've hopefully learned something. :laugh: Again, appreciate you taking the time, linwood.

Yeah Eric! Nice pocket, my fellow Canadian.

I mentioned this in the Shameless Plugs thread but I'm so proud, humbled, honoured & privileged by this: I'm on piano on this new song written by Brazilian songwriter Cézar Mendes and sung by Marisa Monte. This was recorded in Marisa's house on her Yamaha grand, engineered by Mario Caldato Jr. (Beastie Boys, Seu Jorge). The first EP (of 3) is out now and also features Djavan & Fernanda Montenegro.

[video:youtube]

So much happifying win here. I am off to find a way to buy this EP. Congrats and thanks.

Now out! "Mind the Gap," a 24-song album of new material.
www.joshweinstein.com

Yeah man!!! Love it. Lots of Bruno in your guys' stuff, always. But I want this one to be the one for you guys. Love when your singer hits chest voice too, kinda wish he'd live there a bit based on hearing it here. Fantastic track, I'd listen to this on my own.

Now out! "Mind the Gap," a 24-song album of new material.
www.joshweinstein.com