Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Let's hear it!!! Post your music here!

Here's some more Godsticks live footage, this time a bit of a Zappa-esque instrumental and a bonus synth solo. Irritatingly, a dodgy lead caused the audio from the JP-8000 to drop out halfway through the solo, so I redid it at home - as it was semi-improvised I couldn't remember exactly what I did so my fingers don't quite match the sound in the final version!

[video:youtube]

Thanks, and well done for spotting my dirty little secret! ;)

Yes, it is a Kindle with PDF sheets loaded. It's there mainly as a memory aid, particularly on that number as I'm doubling the a lot of the guitar lines. I've stuck a couple of rubber feet on the Fantom chassis to stop it sliding around. All the setups for the set are preprogrammed in the right order so I don't need to see the screen, just keep hitting "next" between songs.

Here's some more Godsticks live footage, this time a bit of a Zappa-esque instrumental and a bonus synth solo. Irritatingly, a dodgy lead caused the audio from the JP-8000 to drop out halfway through the solo, so I redid it at home - as it was semi-improvised I couldn't remember exactly what I did so my fingers don't quite match the sound in the final version!

What stands out oddly to me is , you aren't in your black tee shirt uniform like the rest of the band.

Brett

Recently, the singer in the blues band I've been playing with told us she was moving to LA. She wanted to get some recordings done with us before she went. She booked us at a studio that happened to have an upright Yamaha and an A-100 with a Leslie (not sure which). I love gigs where I don't have to bring anything, just walk in and play. :D The Hammond rig was super tasty to play. I hope to post a video with a different mix where you can hear (and see) all the crap I was doing a little better.

Here are the tracks. The Hammond is on 24 Hour Fool and Little By Little.

https://soundcloud.com/joe-stone/sets/dooley-james-band-featuring-joanna-dejarnett-demos

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Sounding good Joe :2thu: !

I can spend more time on the Forum again. I finally got out of that horrible day gig I was in for 5 years long years. It's been a very long time since I can access the KF during the day and it feels great to be involved again!

You sound like your having fun, man!

Greetings from Huntington!

Tony

CP-50, YC 73,  FP-80, PX5-S, NE-5d61, Kurzweil SP6, XK-3, CX-3, Hammond XK-3, Yamaha YUX Upright, '66 B3/Leslie 145/122

Thanks, Tony! I'm still hoping next time I'm up there I can catch you on a gig.

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

The Hammy and Leslie sound sweet Joe. Thanks for posting that. Keep 'em coming. :thu:

Gigs: Nord 5D 73, Kurz PC4-7 & SP4-7, Hammond SK1, Yamaha MX88 & P121, Numa Compact 2x, Casio CGP700, QSC K12, Yamaha DBR10, JBL515xt(2). Alto TS310(2)

Nice recordings Joe! , and it sounds like a smooth ,laid back ,not a worry in the world , Cat on the Keys :) .

I really like that song - "You can take my Husband , but please don't mess with my Man" , "Husband served rice , but Man serves big steaks " etc etc :D :D .

Brett

A few very quick recordings I managed to make fairly recently and 2 old band video shoots. I am no longer involved w/ either group in the vids. Both bands were fly by the seat of your pants type of projects that gigged fairly regularly.

These are not serious Soundcloud projects either, basically scratch pad things I laid down. They have all sorts of recording, mixing and playing ticks in them but they were fun! Volume on a few tracks may need to be raised, so! Recorded to a Tascam 2488 MKI. Mikes on the Leslie were a Rode NT1 (T. Rotor) and a Shure SM58 (B. Rotor) . . . Roland JV880 Upright Bass patch on tracks 2 and 3 being pushed by BIAB. Please apologies for the cheese horns on 'Night in Tunisia', I couldn't resist them . . . :facepalm:

Night in Tunisia (As a Mambo) ( Roland FP80 w/LH accompaniment)

Rough Fagan/Dan-like track for recording proj. that never took off - BIAB/CP50Rhodes/B3+122RV

'Cake Time'1st Pianoteq4 test>fighting latency but fun -w/BIAB/B3/CP50 st-very sloppy mix etc.

'Home is Where the Hatred Is'(Gil S. Heron) w/Duncan Elderhead Scott-B3/CP50,SP4 synth p.

'Bon Ton Rouletet'-live rec. orig. w/old band,FU LH piano under Organ solo CP300/XK3 w/145 preamp!

Fast-forward a bit on the Vids below to pass the intros! A few years old on these:

Kerry Kearney Band on LI Blues Warehouse. CP50/Korg CX3/Acme B1's with QSC.

2 rehearsals before this one, a little rough but not too bad considering. CP50/Korg CX3/ MS KP-500SN - LI Blues Warehouse again w Mark Klein as host.

Man , there is a ton of Great stuff here Legatoboy! - Great key work! - no need for any "palms on foreheads" AT ALL.

Brett

Thanks, guys. I think the band is planning to do some more recording when we figure out what we're doing as far as a singer.

Hi there - I've got a new EP out with my jazz funk band; if you like the Fender Rhodes and Herbie Hancock's 70's output then you'll probably be into what we've done ;)

It's available digital-only - iTunes, Amazon and Google Play links are available from the video (on laptops and computers) or in the comments.

Thanks,

Tom

Hi there - I've got a new EP out with my jazz funk band; if you like the Fender Rhodes and Herbie Hancock's 70's output then you'll probably be into what we've done ;)

It's available digital-only - iTunes, Amazon and Google Play links are available from the video (on laptops and computers) or in the comments.

Thanks,

Tom

I had been trawling through your YouTube channel all day yesterday and bought the album today. Really Wonderful Herbierific stuff, Tom. Cheers.

Now greatly looking forward to that Kaidi Tatham remix. What a collaboration.

[align:right]##

##[/align]

Thanks,

Tom

I had been trawling through your YouTube channel all day yesterday and bought the album today. Really Wonderful Herbierific stuff, Tom. Cheers.

Now greatly looking forward to that Kaidi Tatham remix. What a collaboration.

Thanks very much Arkan! I've just followed you on soundcloud and youtube; I'm really enjoying 'Ines (STBB289)' and 'arX - STBB286'! The Kaidi remix will be out fairly soon I think - just waiting for the final pressings to return from the plant; I ordered them ages ago!

Many thanks,

Tom

Here's a tribute to one of my greatest influences on piano, Richard Tee. I recorded a piano/drums duo arrangement of 'Take Me Out To The Ballgame' a la Steve Gadd, Richard Tee and 'Stuff'. I used a ton of Richard Teeisms which was a lot of fun for me.

[video:youtube]GGWgSCU1PB0

Fantastic! (A little late to the ballgame, but I really enjoyed that.)

U1 | NP | NS3 | NE3 HP | K10

well, we've finally got a professionally done concert video, check it out! It features Chris Pandolfi (Banjo player for the band The Infamous Stringdusters, protege of Bela Fleck) sitting in for most of our set on his electric guitar/banjo hybrid. Its not necessarily our best performance, but its our best looking!? This song Isis is one that I wrote, but here's the whole playlist just for goodness.

We just replaced our lead singer in my Tom Petty tribute. The demo should start playing when you enter our web page. Not only does this guy have great range and pitch but, in our opinion, sounds a lot like Tom.

http://www.petty-larceny-band.com

Hammonds:1959 M3,1961 A-101,Vent, 2 Leslies,VB3/Axiom,

Casio WK-7500,Yamaha P50m Module/DGX-300

Gig rig:Casio PX-5S/Roland VR-09/Spacestation V3

http://www.petty-larceny-band.com

^^^ Man that was Great!!! , do you sing too?? , I can just imagine you nailing and killing this awesome song from Jerry Lee Lewis , one of my top fave piano players , and one of the best songs in the world IMO "Lucky Old Sun" >

(I would have thought your weakness would be Kryptonite :) )

Brett