Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

As Aguas de Março

marino

As a Christmas gift for those who have not seen it yet, and also in prevision of the forum shutting down for a few days for maintenance, here is this priceless video. After so many years of consuming the vinyl, I could never think that one day, I would have been able to *see* Elis and Tom in person, doing it in real time!

Fantastic.

:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujBsMXZ_sso

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a great tune...

BTW, not to be terribly anal.. it's "As Águas de Março".... "Las" is Spanish :)

Korg Kronos X73 / ARP Odyssey / Motif ES Rack / Roland D-05 / JP-08 / SE-05 / Jupiter Xm / Novation Mininova / NL2X / Waldorf Pulse II

MBP-LOGIC

American Deluxe P-Bass, Yamaha RBX760

Also... do yourselves a favor and check this one... :eek:

(It's from a tribute concert for Tom Jobim held in São Paulo a few months before his death; more videos from the same concert at the same address)

Korg PA3X Pro 76 and Kronos 61, Roland G-70, Integra 7 and BK7-m, Casio PX-5S, Fender Stratocaster with Fralin pickups, Fender Stratocaster with Kinman pickups, 1965 Gibson SG Standard

Originally posted by marino:

As a Christmas gift for those who have not seen it yet, and also in prevision of the forum shutting down for a few days for maintenance, here is this priceless video. After so many years of consuming the vinyl, I could never think that one day, I would have been able to *see* Elis and Tom in person, doing it in real time!

Fantastic.

:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujBsMXZ_sso

That's nice! But, do you really think they're doing it real time? Looks like miming to me - or else that mic is very special! Watch Tom near the end especially - head and mouth moving all over the place, but volume of voice remains steady - doesn't add up.

Archived