Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: James Kim

ITGITC

For those of you who follow technology, or work in the IT industry, or write professionally, or simply have a family - I know you can relate.

Many of you heard by now that they found James Kim dead yesterday. He was trying to get some help for his family, stranded on a snowy road in Oregon.

This story is one that jerks my emotions in one direction then another. I read CNET.com every day and they've been covering this story about their technology editor. It was terrible when he went missing. But then his wife and two daughters were rescued - found alive and in relatively good shape. Hoping to find James alive kept us all in high anxiety mode.

Yesterday when CNN reported that they found James' body it was pretty sad. I didn't know him, but like him I've got a wife and two daughters that take priority. Like I said, it was easy for me to relate.

CNET.com has posted a tribute to James Kim that's worth reading. It can be found HERE.

RIP James Kim. You will be missed by many of us.

Tom

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I followed it too and was sure they would find him alive. Heart felt prayers to him and his loved ones.

Jimmy

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others. Groucho

NEW BAND CHECK THEM OUT

www.steveowensandsummertime.com

www.jimmyweaver.com

He did the best he could in an impossible situation. He actually died trying. I'm with you, retrokeys: there was a man.

I hope the Forest Service, or the state of Oregon, or whoever does a better job of letting drivers know the condition of that road. The Kim family were not the first to get stuck on that road even within the last month. It is not marked on all maps as impassable in winter. They thought they were simply taking the scenic route to the beach.

"I had to have something, and it wasn't there. I couldn't go down the street and buy it, so I built it."

Les Paul

Originally posted by Jode:

I hope the Forest Service, or the state of Oregon, or whoever does a better job of letting drivers know the condition of that road.

Latest word is that the road had been gated closed since Nov 1, but that someone had broken the lock. See "Stranded family took road vandal opened" at http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061209/ap_on_re_us/missing_family

Yamaha P2 acoustic, Yamaha P120 digital, Nord Electro 3HP, QSC K10.

FOR SALE: Nord Electro 2-61.

Archived