Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Worst Song Ever

Garrafon

Originally posted by marino:

Now, here's an idea which is pure pervertion: Let's vote the 20 or so Most Horrible Songs of All Times (this thread is a good start), and let's make a KC COMP out of them!!!

What you say... yes, I did drink a bit of wine tonight.

Hahahahaha. :D

"The Top 20 Worst Songs Ad Lib Massacre Comp" :freak:

Gimme a glass of that Italian wine. :cool:

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe it's time for me to open that bottle of grappa I've been saving... :idea:

I can't even begin to think what I'd do to make

"Seasons In the Sun" tolerable.

"Feelings" turned into something dark and sinister, heavy and abrasive, NIN-like? Maybe.

Anything that Will.I.Am has touched in the past five years has to count as the worst song ever. He's got quite the track record: "My Humps," whatever the hell else Black Eyed Peas have put out in the past two albums, this new Pussycat Dolls single... wretch. I don't even want to know what he did to Sergio Mendes.

I never want to hear "Do Ya Think I'm Sexy?" ever again; Jorge Ben's original "Taj Mahal" is way better.

Also: "Mickey."

David

My Site

Nord Electro 5D, Novation Launchkey 61, Logic Pro X, Mainstage 3, lots of plugins, fingers, pencil, paper.

Originally posted by Mark Zeger:

"Feelings" turned into something dark and sinister, heavy and abrasive, NIN-like? Maybe.

What about arranging it for brass orchestra, in the style of a funeral march? :freak:

And that "Barbie Girl" song, would it be somewhat bettered with a *baroque* arrangement?

To me, the only way to save The Beatles' "All Together Now" would be to further emphasize its monotony with a Prodigy-like treatment...

etc. etc. :D:D

Any song that's #1 at Christmas in the UK succeeds its predecessor in 'worstness'. Although (I guess) the UK Christmas #1 is tongue-in-cheek in the UK, when I first came here I just couldn't accept this annual atrocity! It seems the great British public actually go out of their way to reinforce musical bad taste at Christmas!

By the way, Boney M's gotta be guilty of some sucking stonkers :eek::D .

Now, here's an idea which is pure pervertion: Let's vote the 20 or so Most Horrible Songs of All Times (this thread is a good start), and let's make a KC COMP out of them!!! Anyone should feel free to totally change the character of his/her chosen song, or even to make it *beautiful*. :D

What you say... yes, I did drink a bit of wine tonight. How do you know it? :D:D

OK, let's see how this idea is going to feel tomorrow morning... ;):P

Great idea, great fun, hehe....it can be done. For example "My Way" has been mentioned, well someone could love that original, I agree to consider it the triumph of cheesyness, but the punk version was great! By far the best version of that song, the only version that caught the true spirit of the lyrics. Ok, I'm still trying to imagine the worst song ever, I have to disengage some safety mental filters...

Guess the Amp

.... now it's finished...

Here it is!

Now, here's an idea which is pure pervertion: Let's vote the 20 or so Most Horrible Songs of All Times (this thread is a good start), and let's make a KC COMP out of them!!! Anyone should feel free to totally change the character of his/her chosen song, or even to make it *beautiful*. :D

What you say... yes, I did drink a bit of wine tonight. How do you know it? :D:D

OK, let's see how this idea is going to feel tomorrow morning... ;):P

I LOVE IT!! I'm totally serious - let's do it!!
Reality is like the sun - you can block it out for a time but it ain't goin' away...

Haven't read this full thread, so I'm not sure if you guys drifted off topic, but anywho...

I finally thought of that one song that I absolutely cannot stand!!

It's "days like that" by sugar jones. Pretty recent compared to what yall have listed, but it's just plane ear torture!

Anyways... ya.. that's it I guess.

Back n topic....

Say you, say me

Say it together...... naturaly....

-Lionel Ritchie.. come to think of it, there's plenty to nominate from his catalogue...

Yummy, yummy I got food in my tummy...

Can't remember who did that one... was it the monkeys?

I've Never Been To Me

( Charlene )

Sometimes I've been to crying for unborn children that might have made me complete

But I took the sweet life, I never knew I'd be bitter from the sweet

I've spent my life exploring the subtle whoring that costs too much to be free

Hey lady......

I've been to paradise, (I've been to paradise)

But I've never been to me

Billy Don't Be A Hero

( Bo Donaldson and the Heywoods )

Billy, don't be a hero, don't be a fool with your life

Billy, don't be a hero, come back and make me your wife

And as he started to go she said, Billy, keep your head low

Billy, don't be a hero, come back to me

The Night Chicago Died

( Paper Lace )

I heard my mama cry

I heard her pray the night Chicago died

Brother what a night it really was

Brother what a fight it really was

Glory be!

+1 on:

Honey

Seasons in the Sun

You Light Up My Life

Feelings

Color My World (the ultimate 70's slow-dance song- I was able to play it in my sleep, and carry on a conversation about sports with the bass player, while all the time the HS dance organizer was trying to get us to keep playing it because the boys FINALLY got up to dance with the girls.....)

Worst ELP Lyric: "...a little sadder, a little madder, someone get me a ladder!"

Artist: Henry Gross

Song: Shannon

Another day is at end

Mama says she's tired again

No one can even begin to tell her

I hardly know what to say

But maybe it's better that way

Is papa were here?

I'm sure he'd tell her

Shannon is gone

I hope she's drifting out to sea

She always loved to swim away

Maybe she'll find an island

With a shady tree

Just like the one in our backyard

Mama tried hard to pretend

things would get better again

Somehow she's keeping

It all inside her

But finally the tears fill our eyes

And I know that somewhere tonight

She knows how much we really miss her

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Some great suggestions here that reminded me of 70's K-Tel compilations. That got me thinking of the truly heinous song "Run, Joey, Run". Remember it? I can think of nothing worse than ever having to listen to that again.

Except maybe listening to my band cover it. Which is an idea I hadn't considered before...

My pick? Terry Jacks' "Seasons In The Sun".

Yeah, it's crap. Funny thing is that the Jaques Brel original is a rather intense, suprisingly good piece. I'd just seen it on a Brel DVD. I'd like to know what the original lyric in French means.

I am surprised nobodies nominated "Ricky don't Lose That Number".

Perhaps its so bad you've all had it erased from your memories until I just mentioned it, in which case I apologise.

Or perhaps it comes under the no fair nominating country songs rule.

ARRRRGH! You just HAD to remind me of that, didn't you?

There was a station in Birmingham (Alabama) when I was in school there in the late '70s that ran Steely Dan into the ground. I got sick of hearing 'em really quickly.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

"My Humps"- Black Eyed Peas. There's just enough melody here to qualify as a song. None of the Classic Awfuls from the past can compare to this contemporary one. Heard it once on the radio, and was so taken by it's utter stupidity that I had to look up the artist when I got home. If you haven't heard it, you haven't lived.

Originally posted by TinderArts:

My pick? Terry Jacks' "Seasons In The Sun".

Yeah, it's crap. Funny thing is that the Jaques Brel original is a rather intense, suprisingly good piece. I'd just seen it on a Brel DVD. I'd like to know what the original lyric in French means.
One other thing about that song. I recently saw a VH1 "One Hit Wonders" show and it was on the list. In the vignette, the story goes that The Beach Boys were originally recording the song but the sessions fell apart, so Terry Jacks took it back and recorded it.

As I read some of these suggestions it reminds me of substitute lyrics thats have been embedded in my head. For example every time I passed this outlet store in Los Alomitos "We Built This City " became "We Built Shoe City". And I can never forget the famous hit "Bathtub Kitty" (Jukebox Hero)to which I sang full verses every time my cat drank from the bath faucet. And finally there was the myriad of kid generated lyrics as we went(are going) through the "poopy" joke phase like "Two Tickets to Poopydise".

OK - seeking help now. :freak:

Most of these oldies I hated when they first came out, but don't mind listening to at all now purely for the sake of nostalgia.

The list of insipid, sappy tunes is endless, starting in the 50s, when the first baby boomers became teeny boppers.

It's been a Big Old Goofy World ever since :)

Originally posted by Bridog6996:

James Blunt's "You're Beautiful" has the most pathetically trite lyrics I've heard in a long time, maybe ever. Whenever I hear his music I seriously consider taking my own life (but I usually just switch the station).

What kills this song for me is the guy's voice. He sings like a girl. I think the story is poignant. The intro bugs me too - it that a mistake or what?

Archived