Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

new Clavia teaser

Jeebus

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

dabowsa: i think you picked a bad time to buy an electro. maybe you could stall them, cancel, or try to deal.

of course, bargaining power might not be there till you know what's under that cover.

i've heard it's some kind of new electro model without the piano stuff (i think). but at this point it's just a rumor.

then again, newer isn't always better, it may be a year from the time it's announced till the time it's available, and 'a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush'. :D

I'm hoping it may be a hybrid Electro/Lead product. It looks wider than the current keyboards, so maybe it is an 88 note keyboard? Some kind of acoustic piano model?

Originally posted by mildbill:

dabowsa: i think you picked a bad time to buy an electro. maybe you could stall them, cancel, or try to deal.

You should probably stick with your Electro 2 purchase. Even if this new mystery machine is an Electro 3, my guess is that it could be several months before the thing is shipping, so you could be waiting awhile. Also, the price is likely going to be higher than the Electro 2's current price. Any way you slice it, the Electro 2 is a killer machine. It would take a pretty huge improvement to make me want to completely replace my Electro 2. I cannot wait to see the new keyboard!

Regards,

Eric

Yeah, we all know how long it can be from product announcement to actually shipping.

Plus, at the price I paid for the NE2, as long as I keep the box I can probably get what I paid for it on ebay. Besides, I basically sold everything I own to afford a new S90 and NE2, so I won't be able to afford whatever is under that sheet!

Hey Dabowsa...

I'm in the same boat (almost exactly). My Electro is coming in a week or so (to complement my S-90). What is this... a cult? Maybe Eric has something to do with it (btw, thanks, Eric for the info and buying tips).

Kurzweil PC4; Yamaha P515; EV ZXA1s

Man the industry has us figured out! They know we buy buy buy...they just through out a teaser and were all Jones'n to find out what it is...

Were all Gear Crack heads! Give us a little taste for free and were hooked for life.

Step out of the box and grow!

Is it a keyboard product?

It seems so flat. Maybe a modelled vibraphone ain't a bad guess at all...

Or will it be a 88 keys stage piano ("Nord Grand")?

I guess we'll have to wait for the Messe (or for well informed forumites).

I'm very curious about the announced new sounds for the Nord Electro 2 as well. Hoping they'll offer a Dyno'd Rhodes sound. Just personal...

I second the gear crack head comment... I have never been so escited to see what is under that black sheet... I don't even know what it is, and am trying to work it into my current rig... :)
I'm just saying', everyone that confuses correlation with causation eventually ends up dead.

I go with the Rhodes copy with a flat top like the Mark IIs. Which is SMART as hell. You can have two keyboards without an extra stand and tiers. I see it as Electro-like but emphasis on Rhodes and piano sounds with a weighted action. So if you're more organ oriented, go with the current Electro, otherwise this one. Nice big retro knobs on the front to control tremolo, tone, etc.

Yes, we can pray for 76 keys or there abouts. Clavia seems to understand that size and weight ARE important.

Only thing is, for me, I'm really digging Mr. Ray 73 and would be skeptical that their sampled Rhodes would compete. Maybe it's modeled. Could be a great controller either way.

Busch.

but why bring out a rhodes clone that is much bigger then the electro, when the electro already has a really good rhodes sound, is small and is one hell of an organ clone??

couldn't it be a stage piano (acoustic), with a flat top, were you can put your electro??

Rudy

Archived