Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT : One's youth revisited

Byrdman

In a couple of weeks, Nina Hagen is going to be doing her only West Coast show here in Portland. So often we are the only West Coast city NOT visited by touring acts so this is a nice change.

One of the reasons my wife and I got together is we discovered we were both Nina Hagen fans. Never seen her live.

It will either be great or suck totally. There doesn't seem to be any middle ground on such things. On the whole I have been lucky in the suck/great ratio.

Saw King Crimson at the Greek in Berkeley several years ago and they were better than great. Wish they would do another tour. Saw the Oils and the B52s in last few years and both still had it.

So here's hoping my luck holds.

:Excited: David

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by gangsu:

it's time's like this I realize how hopelessly mainstream I am. So, in what year would you have met your wife? I'm wondering where the heck was I?!

Enjoy the show!

Lets see, Last Wednesday was our 15th Anniversary and we met a year before that, so that would have been 88.

Originally posted by Ed A.:

You're thinking of Nena , not Nina Hagen .

Doesn't help me as i haven't heard of either. Nana, yes. I thought the red balloons were a good idea, just so I wouldn't miss the show. You know, like a yellow ribbon. :confused:

I guess it just wasn't meant to be, Byrdman. :D

"........! Try to make It..REAL! compared to what? ! ! ! " - BOPBEEPER

Originally posted by cnegrad:

Yes, and Nena died years ago.

wtf? she's alive and kicking. After yrs of absence, she started her comeback firsu as a guest on a few eurodance/techno singles, and then last year (2003) she made a comeback album of her own, topping the euro charts with her duet with Kim Wilde etc. She's big again, at least in Germany and central EU.
http://www.babic.com - music for film/theatre, audio-post

Originally posted by Byrdman:

Saw King Crimson at the Greek in Berkeley several years ago and they were better than great. Wish they would do another tour. Saw the Oils and the B52s in last few years and both still had it.

:Excited: David

I have always liked Crimson.

the B52s ? I have seen them and I don't get it.

Why fit in, when you were born to stand out ?

My Soundcloud with many originals:

[70's Songwriter]

That's a funny coincidence, my wife just last night wanted me to burn a CD containing just one song, Du Hast Mein Herz Geklaut featuring Nina Hagen, one of her favorite singers.

My wife is from east Berlin and I met her just a few years after the wall came down. Nina was one of her faves I guess during the 70s, but I'd never heard of her until last night.

Let us know David how the concert went!

I've seen Nina Hagen Back in the 80's, and I can say that if she kept that singing technique would be worth to see only for that. Then add that the music she has done has been one of the coolest rock-pop things for those times, showing fantasy, freedom,culture and strong determination.

I didn't know she was around...I truely hope to see her in Italy soon.

Guess the Amp

.... now it's finished...

Here it is!

Archived