Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

NFL survival pool

Dave Bryce

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Llarion:

I think the Bucs will take it to Philly opening Monday Night.

Not only burning the Bucs in Week 1 (remember, you can only pick any team once per season), but doing so against the team they met in the conference championships. :eek:

Go, Phil! ;):D

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

The funny thing is, so far no one has picked the other game that I was considering - I was (and am still thinking about) taking KC to beat the visiting Bolts.

I think that's a pretty safe pick as well.

dB

Hmmm, Miami looks tasty to me, and so does Pitsburgh. Magpel takes:

Miami DolphinsMiami DolphinsMiami DolphinsMiami DolphinsMiami DolphinsvvvMiami DolphinsMiami DolphinsMiami DolphinsMiami Dolphinsvvvvv

Check out the Sweet Clementines CD at bandcamp

For week 1, the Oracle assumes the lotus position, closes his eyes, takes a deep cleansing breath and picks .... Miami.

Serenity now.

Our country is not the only thing to which we owe our allegiance. It is also owed to justice and to humanity. Patriotism consists not in waving the flag, but in striving that our country shall be righteous as well as strong: James Bryce

Errrrrr

Have you been watching the sports news lately, Bunny?

James Stewart won't be playing in that game (or in any others for the first 5 weeks) - he has a dislocated shoulder.

And BTW, AZ has Emmitt Smith (and a much better Marcel Shipp to back him up should he choke)

Moving the updated list to the new page:

Week 1

dB - Miami

TinderArts - Denver

Weasel - Denver

Thrashole - New England

Steve L - Dallas

Rader Ranch - Buffalo

Griffinator - Indy

Ignatius Riley - Indy

Ouizel - Indy

Flyscots - Miami

Rabid - Miami

Dave-G - Miami

Llarion - TB

Jackpine - Miami

Geoff Grace - Miami

Dementia13 - Miami

Magpel - Miami

Keybass - St. Louis

SFOracle - Miami

Bunny - Detroit

Berkleeboi - New England

Sergievsky - Chicago

Nitecrawler - Tennessee

Postman - Indy

Meccajay - Indy

Ski - Miami

SteveRB - KC

Mark Zeger - Arizona

dB

Originally posted by jackpine:

Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

(snip).....about half of the people playing get eliminated in the first few weeks

Well, if Miami goes down, this will happen in the first week. :eek:
Yep.

I'm considering changing my pick to distance myself in case of such a catastrophe.

It totally sucks to get benched the first week... :(

dB

Yeah, Griffy, I'm kinda going out on a limb here with Detroit, considering James Stewart is out of the picture. However, I have some faith left in Mariucci, and the game is in Detroit.

Besides, I'm hoping someone like Avon Cobourne steps up and covers some real yardage. Cobourne avaraged over 5 yards per carry last year. So, we'll see...

It'll be nice to use up my Detroit pick early in the season, if they win. I'm either setting myself up for long-term pool success, or short-term failure. Heh.

Originally posted by jackpine:

(snip).....about half of the people playing get eliminated in the first few weeks

Well, if Miami goes down, this will happen in the first week. :eek:
Yep.

I'm considering changing my pick to distance myself in case of such a catastrophe.

Dave... shake yourself. The freakin' Tex-annes are a JV team. The Dolphins are a bona fide defensive force. You'll (we'll) be fine.

-dave

DAVE GREENBERG

SONOPOD MASTERING

Originally posted by dave-G:

The freakin' Tex-annes are a JV team.

Didn't they come out guns a-blazin' on their first game last season and beat ass on the Cowboys? That'd be neat if 60% of the pool was gone for the following week. ;)

- Jeff

Originally posted by Jeff the Weasel:

The freakin' Tex-annes are a JV team.

Didn't they come out guns a-blazin' on their first game last season and beat ass on the Cowboys?
Yes, but Dallas sucked eggs last year. Gawd, I enjoyed that... :D

dB

Jeff... your avatar reminds me.... aah...

What??? Was that bet about an avatar? No freakin' way am I subjecting my poor weasel to wearing a Bucs cheerleaders uni as a avatar. :eek:;)

- Jeff

Originally posted by berkleeboi:

I'll take the Pats over Buffalo since I want to pick a game I'll actually get to see before I get eliminated by picking against the bucs in week 2.

Lucky Bastid. I'm stuck in Virginia - no hope in hell I'll get to see the Pats stick it to the Spills again...

I'm going with Da BEARS.

Even though San Fran is probably the better team, what kind of fan would I be if I don't go with my team the first week? :cool: Besides, Brian Urlacher will probably knock Jeff Garcia and his bad back out of the game if not the season. :evil:

Raul

Originally posted by Jeff the Weasel:

Jeff... your avatar reminds me.... aah...

What??? Was that bet about an avatar? No freakin' way am I subjecting my poor weasel to wearing a Bucs cheerleaders uni as a avatar. :eek:;)
No, no, no... it was your fine photoshop-work in your newest avatar that reminded me you still needed to do your buc-weasel image.. Which you have done most honorably, I might add :D

-dave

DAVE GREENBERG

SONOPOD MASTERING

Originally posted by Sergievsky:

Besides, Brian Urlacher will probably knock Jeff Garcia and his bad back out of the game if not the season. :evil:

Bite your tongue, Man!! It's karmically unwise to wish for, or predict the injury of any football player. This usually results in something bad happening to your team. And besides, regardless of who you're rooting for, Jeff Garcia is one of the most dynamic QBs in the entire league, and his absence would be a big downer on the whole season.

-dave

ps: Phillipines? I lived in Subic for a couple of years as a kid. Niiice!

DAVE GREENBERG

SONOPOD MASTERING

Whoa, I guess I'm just a pack horse with my Miami pick, but I thought the purpose of a survivor was *to survive,* not to provide positive energy for your team. ;)

I'm NOT picking myt Giants over Da Rams in week one, even though I think we're winning this game.

Check out the Sweet Clementines CD at bandcamp

Originally posted by Magpel:

Whoa, I guess I'm just a pack horse with my Miami pick, but I thought the purpose of a survivor was *to survive,* not to provide positive energy for your team. ;)

That's exactly right. There's no way I'd be picking the Raiders (or the Titans) on week one. Two strong teams, could go any direction. Find me the most disparate matchup, and I only lose in cases of extreme upset.

As Gloria Gaynor said, I will survive!

Okay, I could have picked a more heterosexual example, but you know what I mean. :D

- Jeff

Archived