Jump to content


Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

NFL survival pool


Dave Bryce

Recommended Posts



  • Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay.

 

The list at the top of this page is current to this point.

 

Entry into the pool closes today at 5PM.

 

Man, it's too bad we didn't do this for actual cash - with this many people playing, the kitty would be pretty fat. Even if the entry fee was only like $10 each, there'd be close to $350 in there... :eek:

 

dB

:snax:

 

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

Man, it's too bad we didn't do this for actual cash - with this many people playing, the kitty would be pretty fat. Even if the entry fee was only like $10 each, there'd be close to $350 in there... :eek:

And may I point out that if the old $50 fee was in place, there would be...holy crap, $1650.

 

Alas...I am a law abiding citizen and would never consider actually doing any illicit gambling, of course. :freak:

 

- Jeff

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by Jeff the Weasel:

And may I point out that if the old $50 fee was in place, there would be...holy crap, $1650.

Believe me - the thought had occurred to me... ;):eek:

 

However, given an entry fee, I'm guessing that it's pretty likely that not as many folks would've played...

 

dB

:snax:

 

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jack Ortman -

 

I'm sorry to post this here as opposed to contacting you privately, but since you do not have an email or PM link, I have no choice.

 

Open solicitation of sales is not permitted in this forum; and, since your sig line does so (in a somewhat un-subtle manner), I have been forced to delete your post.

 

I will honor your Rams pick, but I'd appreciate it if you'd change your sig if you wish to continue posting in this forum.

 

Thanks!

 

dB

:snax:

 

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dave, that guy Jack Ortman is a total spoof, check out his hilarious website. I've seen him on other forums and he can't be for real. It's probably Fletchor or someone pulling your leg!
Track or treat? http://www.garbage-house.com/pictures/freaks-images/eck-s-animated.gif
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by Ignatius Riley:

Dave, that guy Jack Ortman is a total spoof, check out his hilarious website. I've seen him on other forums and he can't be for real. It's probably Fletchor or someone pulling your leg!

Ummm - I know Jack Ortman (or I knew a Jack Ortman, anyway). He used to work at a couple of retailers in the Bay area selling pro audio when I was up there, so he may actually be for real.

 

I've seen Jack's posts on Fletcher's forum, and I've seen his web site, too. It is pretty funny...

 

Besides, I've known Fletcher for close to 20 years - he ain't the type of guy to masquerade as someone else.

 

Thanks anyway for the heads-up, Ig-man!

 

dB

:snax:

 

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I guess it's time to devulge my NFL team. Actually I have 2:

 

Cowboys & Jets.

 

They actually meet this year which would normally leave me torn. But I have a feeling it will end in a 0/0 tie.

 

Lets hope the mangled Jets can start the Redskins wit a minor setback to theie inevitable Superbowl victory tonight. :rolleyes: (its sucks having to here aboutr the Redskins going to the nex Supoerbowl for 8 months out of the year).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by Markyboard:

I guess it's time to devulge my NFL team. Actually I have 2:

 

Cowboys & Jets.

 

They actually meet this year which would normally leave me torn. But I have a feeling it will end in a 0/0 tie.

 

Lets hope the mangled Jets can start the Redskins wit a minor setback to theie inevitable Superbowl victory tonight. :rolleyes: (its sucks having to hear about the Redskins going to the next Superbowl for 8 months out of the year).

Yo brother Mark -

 

The main NFL thread is for general discussion. This one is only for the pool. If you wanna play, read the rules in the first post...but you need to get me a single pick by 5PM Cali time today, or you can't get in.

 

dB

:snax:

 

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Why are all you Miami guys wasting the Fish week one? Yeah, they're probably a lock over the Texans, but why waste em' week one?
Because when I lived in Miami, we were crying so many years in week 17 or 18. I looked this up: at home in September and August, the Dolphins have won 17 in a row. Their last loss was to the Jest in '93. (Weird things happen against the Jets). Over the same time period, they're 23-32 in December and January. The record since Shula "retired" is particularly abysmal.

Greise[sic] is out 6 weeks.

What now? He tripped over his cat?
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by Bela D Media:

Guys,

 

Please fill me in. I want in :)

 

MAJOR FOOTBALL NUT :)

Aaaaackkkk...

 

Francis, you just missed, man. Look back a few posts - the pool closes at kickoff of the first game of the season; and, unfortunately, the rules of the survival pool don't allow for any flexibility (you can read them in the first post of this thread).

 

Sorry... :(

 

You should definitely hang in the NFL thread, though! It's always a good time! :thu:

 

dB

:snax:

 

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

Originally posted by Bela D Media:

Guys,

 

Please fill me in. I want in :)

 

MAJOR FOOTBALL NUT :)

Aaaaackkkk...

 

Francis, you just missed, man. Look back a few posts - the pool closes at kickoff of the first game of the season; and, unfortunately, the rules of the survival pool don't allow for any flexibility (you can read them in the first post of this thread).

 

Sorry... :(

Y'know what?

 

The more I think about this, the more I feel that it's not a problem to continue to let people in until the Sunday kickoff. Since no one picked either of the two teams that played on Thursday night, doing so would have no effect on the pool, would it?

 

Besides, it's not like there's actual cash involved.

 

Does anyone have a problem with that? Speak now, or I'm gonna let Francis in....

 

dB

:snax:

 

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I really don't have a problem with letting him in.

 

Just my twin pennies.

**Standard Disclaimer** Ya gotta watch da Ouizel, as he often posts complete and utter BS. In this case however, He just might be right. Eagles may soar, but Ouizels don't get sucked into jet engines.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ahhh, what the hell...go ahead, Francis. Choose a team.

 

I'd like to remind everyone playing to make sure you clearly understand the rules in the first post in this thread . If you've got any questions, ask 'em before the first game on Sunday. because we're definitely playing by the book after that. :evil:

 

dB

:snax:

 

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...