Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

NFL survival pool

Dave Bryce

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heh, me either! :D

I think I'm gonna go with Philadelphia for Week 9. I'm not positive yet.

**Standard Disclaimer** Ya gotta watch da Ouizel, as he often posts complete and utter BS. In this case however, He just might be right. Eagles may soar, but Ouizels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Originally posted by Bunny.:

You're doing what I did last week, risking your pool survival on a Bay Area team in 2003!!! And just look where it got me! :(

I'll tell ya Bunny...being completely objective, I couldn't see a better pick from the teams I hadn't used yet.

GO RAIDERS

- Jeff

Week 9

--------

Weasel -

Denver won

Green Bay won

Minnesota won

Indy won

Buffalo won

Tennessee won

Dallas won

Miami won

Oakland (good luck!)

Ouizel -

Indy won

Oakland won

Pittsburgh won

Green Bay won

Buffalo won

Tennessee won

Seattle won

Miami won

Philadelphia (good luck again!)

Eric Worthington -

SF won

New Orleans won

TB won

Denver won

Philadelphia won

Tennessee won

Seattle won

Indy won

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Fair warning, I'm being a little indecisive this week. Philly's a tentative pick. I oughta know for sure by tomorrow morning.
**Standard Disclaimer** Ya gotta watch da Ouizel, as he often posts complete and utter BS. In this case however, He just might be right. Eagles may soar, but Ouizels don't get sucked into jet engines.

What the hell, I'll stick with Philly. Thanks, Dave.

*keeping fingers crossed*

Heh. Sorry, 'bout that. :o I was just messin' with Ouizel for seeming wishy-washy on his pick. Y'know, kinda spineless and unsure, instead of just boldly making a pick without hemming and hawing.

I'm hoping Quizzy will forgive me for my rude comment, since it was just a weak attempt at razzing him. :freak: I think I'm just jealous because he's still in the pool. ;)

I'm also hoping that Eric W gets to an internet connection today to make his pick. Maybe someone should try calling him on the phone.

1. Raider game isn't over (though I'm not expecting much at this point).

2. Other game hasn't started.

Conceivably, we could have Ouizel winning, me winning, or a three-way tie if both Clay and I lose (with Eric's no-pick default loss). In any case, no fat lady has sung yet. ;)

- Jeff

Originally posted by Jeff Da Weasel:

1. Raider game isn't over (though I'm not expecting much at this point).

2. Other game hasn't started.

Conceivably, we could have Ouizel winning, me winning, or a three-way tie if both Clay and I lose (with Eric's no-pick default loss). In any case, no fat lady has sung yet. ;)

- Jeff

Well, she's singing - at the Raiders' funeral

Damn, guys. The Lions?!

Originally posted by Jeff Da Weasel:

You'd be wrong, Klop. The rule is the last one standing wins.

By virtue of the fact that Ouizel picked a later game than you, he is in fact the last guy in the pool, regardless of whether the Eagles win or lose.

The pool is officially over. Congrats, Ouizel!

dB

Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

You'd be wrong, Klop. The rule is the last one standing wins.

Yes, I suppose you're right...though I'm gonna be PISSED if the Eagles lose and he wins anyway!!!!

Just kidding...CONGRATS TO CLAY, the 2003 SURVIVAL POOL CHAMPION! :thu::thu::thu:

- Jeff

Thanks, Guys. I'm thinking that the Eagles will indeed win yet, but since it's been pronounced,

WOO-HOO!!!! :D:D:D:D

Bunny, FWIW, I knew that you were just razzing me, and of course you're forgiven.

Wow, this is cool!!

Do I get to participate in the next one? ;):D

A new pool starting this late may not be such a good idea...

A big part of the pool is the carnage that comes in the first few weeks when no one knows which teams are good and which teams are not.

That element of surprise is kinda diminished at this point, no?

dB

I agree with you Dave, but I'd still be up for giving it another go.

CONGRATULATIONS CLAY!!!

FWIW, I'm glad the Eagles won - not just 'coz I'm a Philly fan but I didn't like the idea of Ouizel winning just because he chose a later game. Then again there's a few rules in this sport I don't like! ;)

Shame about EricW, but well done Ouizel

Now that I know that the Eagles won, I really do feel better. Winning just because it was a later game wouldn't have felt right.

Thanks again, everyone! 'Twas a blast!!! :D:D

• 2 weeks later...
Damn Dolphins. Broke a lot of hearts and wrecked a lot of Surivivor pools this year, and now they're proving themselves to be the same old fish. We could see a couple of big time coaching changes at the end of this season. Fassell, Wanstadt come to mind.
Check out the Sweet Clementines CD at bandcamp

Archived