Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

World Cup is here

Goldberg

OK, my predictions:

Senegal x Turkey

2x1 - Still betting on Senegal.

England x Brazil

I have no idea. I'm hoping for 1x0 for Brazil.

Spain x Corea

Sorry Corea - it's your turf but Spain's winning. 2x0

Germany x USA

This could get real interesting. USA 2x1 on Germany.

Korg Kronos X73 / ARP Odyssey / Motif ES Rack / Roland D-05 / JP-08 / SE-05 / Jupiter Xm / Novation Mininova / NL2X / Waldorf Pulse II

MBP-LOGIC

American Deluxe P-Bass, Yamaha RBX760

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Rod CA:

OK, my predictions:

Senegal x Turkey

2x1 - Still betting on Senegal.

England x Brazil

I have no idea. I'm hoping for 1x0 for Brazil.

Spain x Corea

Sorry Corea - it's your turf but Spain's winning. 2x0

Germany x USA

This could get real interesting. USA 2x1 on Germany.

I agree with your Senegal/Turkey prediction. It's amazing how far they've gotten for a first time team! Turkey shouldn't be any problem considering their previous experiences. I'll say England 2 Brazil 1 in the match on Friday. Not that I'm in any way biased. I still have enough trust in the Brazilian offense though to penetrate and score at least once, but I think the English can deal with it and come back. Either way Senegal will face a TOUGH team after Turkey.

I'm not too sure about Spain and Korea though. Korea is proving itself to be a very fast team with a lot of endurance and individual skill. While they might not be all together all the time, they might be able to cause yet another upset win over Spain-I think it's hard to tell. I think at least it will be closer: Spain 2 Korea 1, or Spain 1, Korea 0...

That and I'll reverse your prediction for the German/US match. No particular reasons why, but I just say Germany 2 USA 1. Just a wild guess so I'll probably be wrong...

One thing's for sure this isn't like any world cup before.

"Bach is ever new"-Glenn Gould

talking of Korea.. y'know the guy who scored the winner?? Well he plays for Perugia .. an Italian football team... well... hes just been sacked!!!

the director said he was an insult to Italian football!!!

HAHAHAH!

What a crazy world!

peace

Orangefunk

My prediction for this quarter final match:

Bra:Eng - 1:1 ( england wins by penalty shootout)

( i just hope that this will happen since Brazil is just too hard to be defeated in 120 min)

Germany: USA - 2:0 .. this is easy for Germany ( IMO)

Senegal : Turkey - 1:0 .. both teams are not good scorer ... but Senegal prooved to play steadily no matter who they are facing.

Spain: Korea : 3:0 .. this is a revenge match for the europeon!!!!

live with music, die with music

www.mp3.com/K_C_Lau

YEAH! Brasil 2x1! What a game. Let me go take my heart medication. ;)

Korg Kronos X73 / ARP Odyssey / Motif ES Rack / Roland D-05 / JP-08 / SE-05 / Jupiter Xm / Novation Mininova / NL2X / Waldorf Pulse II

MBP-LOGIC

Oh yeah, thumbs down for beckham for throwing himself in the area 3 TIMES trying to dig a penalty. How lame for such a hyped player.

MBP-LOGIC

Oh yeah, thumbs down for beckham for throwing himself in the area 3 TIMES trying to dig a penalty. How lame for such a hyped player.

Like Rivaldo and all other players.

The sad thing is that this has become so usual that instead of trying to score they fall.

Brasil deserved to win this game. England was not good.

And now the Americans have to show what they are made of.

Heard yesterday that O´Brian have played in Sweden when he was 15 or 16 years old.

Go USA. :thu:

Originally posted by Superbobus:

Sure, with all respect, he can be a great football player but why such a hype?

Because he can kick a ball almost as good as Pierre van Hooijdonk. Almost.... :D

Relax, Superbobus: I am not a Feijenoord supporter)

:keys: My Music:thx: I always wondered what happened after the fade out?

England came out quite strong but became quite lame earlier than I expected. The ref was an asshole but the best team won. Not a very entertaining game IMHO.

USA has nothing to prove so they can probably give Germany a very hard time. Both teams have excellent goalies, but there's way more to a team than that and perhaps the asian crowd will support the underdog just what USA needs to keep going? I expect Germany to win but would love if they got beat (it would be hilarious to hear all the talk after the game!).

Spain vs Korea - I don't have any gut feeling about this game, but I wish for a european victory.

Senegal is my new favorite team among those that are left, I hope they win over Turkey. Both teams are newcomers in the world cup. No matter who wins this game, Brazil will defeat any of them.

IMNSHO, Brazil is destined for the final and they will meet Germany or Spain. Picking the Bronze winner is perhaps more tricky.

/Mats

http://www.lexam.net/peter/carnut/man.gif

What do we want? Procrastination!

When do we want it? Later!

Germany 1 USA nil. We played well but came up short in the end. :( Props to the German team.I think this USA team has awaken the world to the potential of the United States in futbol for the future. my 2 sense

-nitecrawler

"Time to head down that old Colorado highway pardner."

In response to the English match-What a tragic goalkeeping error by Seaman when Ronaldhino scored with the free kick! :mad: He should have done better-He's my favourite keeper next to Given...sure he's old and he got knocked a bit in the first half but that's still no excuse! Other than that flaw, I thought England played well, that is until the later game in the second half, when they just pounded shots aimlessly.

No, England wasn't playing it's greatest, and the final score reflected that. NOW I believe the cup is truly Brasil's.

Also I thought both US and Germany played well-Germany might have a chance to beat Spain. Tough break for US though on that one shot that kind of went in and richocheted off that defender's hand. But then, Germany could have clinched it with that post hit by Klose (?) from the header. A good match-US should be proud of themselves, and I'll have more trust in them next time around.

Originally posted by Striker1080:

In response to the English match-What a tragic goalkeeping error by Seaman when Ronaldhino scored with the free kick! :mad: He should have done better-He's my favourite keeper next to Given...sure he's old and he got knocked a bit in the first half but that's still no excuse! Other than that flaw, I thought England played well, that is until the later game in the second half, when they just pounded shots aimlessly.

No, England wasn't playing it's greatest, and the final score reflected that. NOW I believe the cup is truly Brasil's.

I don't think ANYONE thought he was going to do that. I was watching the game with a few people (went out last night..didn't go to bed until 6:30 am here), and people were just puzzled at the shot. Amazing goal.

MBP-LOGIC

Originally posted by Robert Smedberg:

Like Rivaldo and all other players.

The sad thing is that this has become so usual that instead of trying to score they fall.

Brasil deserved to win this game. England was not good.

Agreed. Everyone's going overboard with this whole thing. Rivaldo's thing in the 1st game with Turkey where he faked getting kicked in the face was just lame. Beckman is an amazing player, but what a pussy. Any player getting close to him he would fall as if he got knocked off by the wind.

And England's coach deserves the prize for the coldest coach ever. I though someone was :eek: going to go over any minute and check his pulse. On the other hand, the brazilian coach does get a little too excited, but they again, most of us are like that ;)

MBP-LOGIC

I think I must have missed something. I don't get this Beckham hype at all...

Well... he's a Marie Clair coverboy... :D and sleeps with a SpiceGirl... that's enough.

Músico, Productor, Ingeniero, Tecnólogo

Senior Product Manager, América Latina y Caribe - PreSonus

at Fender Musical Instruments Company

Instagram: guslozada

Facebook: Lozada - Música y Tecnología

www.guslozada.com

Banana non tein carozo, mais ten filamento grosso que dificulta masticacao !!

:D

Go Brazil !

www.guslozada.com

I thought the US team outplayed the Germans in this game. I am proud of the way we played and should this trend continue, the US will be a soccer nation to be reckoned with not in the too distant future.

Albert

Gear: Yamaha MODX8, Mojo 61, NS2 73, C. Bechstein baby grand.

Originally posted by GusTraX:

I think I must have missed something. I don't get this Beckham hype at all...

Well... he's a Marie Clair coverboy... :D and sleeps with a SpiceGirl... that's enough.
No he's just come back from quite a big injury.. its a wonder he played at all...

The goal wasn't Seamans fault it was just a complete freak goal.. no way did he mean to put the ball there.. Brasil deserved the win though.. we were just tired out there... the humidity got to us.. too easy for us to criticise from our armchairs ;-)

Originally posted by orangefunk:

... too easy for us to criticise from our armchairs ;-)

DON'T FORGET we were at our armchairs at 1:30 AM ... at least it was daytime for them :D

... Banana non tein carozo, mais ten filamento grosso que dificulta masticacao !! Go Brazil !

www.guslozada.com

And England's coach deserves the prize for the coldest coach ever. I though someone was :eek: going to go over any minute and check his pulse. On the other hand, the brazilian coach does get a little too excited, but they again, most of us are like that ;)

He's a Sweede, you know. ;):rolleyes:;):rolleyes:

ARghh.. what a horrible game. Spain vs Korea. I think the referee should be crucified. WTF?

MBP-LOGIC

Refs period have been horrible this time. They repeatedly shocked me. I missed some of the games that got bad ref reports, but was baffled by the goal call-off in the Belgium/Brazil match...amazing.

What's coming up? Semifinals!

Brazil vs Turkey My bet is on Brazil

Germany vs Korea this one is harder, I hope for Korea but expect Germany to win

/Mats

http://www.lexam.net/peter/carnut/man.gif

What do we want? Procrastination!

When do we want it? Later!

Originally posted by Mats Olsson:

What's coming up? Semifinals!

Brazil vs Turkey My bet is on Brazil

Germany vs Korea this one is harder, I hope for Korea but expect Germany to win

/Mats

I have the same feeling for this as you do.

I really hope that Korea wins. How will Germany explain that. The plot thickens?

My bet is for a Turkey-Korea final. It only makes sense, considering how this World Cup has played out so far. Besides, it would really be "just deserts" to have the favorites go home early as did France, Italy, Argentina, Etc.

-nitecrawler

"Time to head down that old Colorado highway pardner."

Archived