Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

World Cup is here

Goldberg

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And may the best win... they did it! :thu: Thank God Kahn is just a human being too but I still think he's the best of the German team. That was great football, Brazil, and moito obrigado! (spelling?)

Remember I said that there would be a party at my neighbours? Yesterday I was gone the whole day and came back at 5 AM (Dutch time). I was pooped but at my neighbours I heard definitely what I would call party sounds. :D

http://www.bobwijnen.nl

Hipness is not a state of mind, it's a fact of life.

I agree...while I was strongly supporting England throughout their time in the tournament, they just weren't playing like they should have, and I realized when Brazil beat them that they could take the whole thing. Congratulations to another great run by Brazil. I was really impressed by the offensive skill of the "4 R's"-though I still have a little grudge against Ronaldhino because of that victory-clinching goal against England...but congrats to Ronaldo for tying Pele! How old is he? It seems like he'll have a few more world cup oportunity to surpass the legend.

OK so to keep this thread alive as long as possible...

It's time to vote on the best player of the cup NOT on the Brazilian squad. This is tough...hmm, how about a top 3? I have to say Beckham, Kahn, and Sukur...maybe you guys can come up with some more original suggestions...

"Bach is ever new"-Glenn Gould

Originally posted by Striker1080:

Congratulations to another great run by Brazil. I was really impressed by the offensive skill of the "4 R's"-though I still have a little grudge against Ronaldhino because of that victory-clinching goal against England...but congrats to Ronaldo for tying Pele! How old is he? It seems like he'll have a few more world cup oportunity to surpass the legend.

Ronaldinho is 25. He was actually on the bench when Brazil won in 94, at the age of 17; so he's probably in the next one too. BTW, his mom is my neighbor (not direct, nearby), so maybe I can catch him one of these days ;)

Ronaldinho Gaucho (the scrawny one with the long hair) is younger - he's 22, so he's probably got two more.

There quite a few players in the team that were less 26, so they will probably be candidates for the next team.

Rivaldo is certainly out for the next one.

Korg Kronos X73 / ARP Odyssey / Motif ES Rack / Roland D-05 / JP-08 / SE-05 / Jupiter Xm / Novation Mininova / NL2X / Waldorf Pulse II

MBP-LOGIC

American Deluxe P-Bass, Yamaha RBX760

Originally posted by Superbobus:

That was great football, Brazil, and moito obrigado! (spelling?) Remember I said that there would be a party at my neighbours? Yesterday I was gone the whole day and came back at 5 AM (Dutch time).

Actually it's 'muito obrigado' - close enough, though ;):thu:

Korg Kronos X73 / ARP Odyssey / Motif ES Rack / Roland D-05 / JP-08 / SE-05 / Jupiter Xm / Novation Mininova / NL2X / Waldorf Pulse II

MBP-LOGIC

American Deluxe P-Bass, Yamaha RBX760

Archived