Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

World Cup is here

Goldberg

I was practically laughing when Senegal beat France, not in bad taste, however, just out of surprise (I suppose I don't really want France to do so well this time). I'm still sick about the Irish loss of Roy Keane, but maybe he deserved it. Anyway, who do you guys predict to win? As much faith as I have in the Irish team, I must say that I am optimistic for England and would like to see them do well in their tough group. Well, I know I'M excited here...
"Bach is ever new"-Glenn Gould

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As an Asian, world cup is always so hot in my country This fever is even hotter than olympic or any other sports in the world. Staying in US now I am so dissapointed that there are even some matches not transmitted live !!!! However, I can still watch it in a Spanish Channel. I like to watch matches in that channel even more because the commentator is always excited. When a goal is scored... he will scream GGGGGGOOOOOOAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLL for 30 secs !!! The commentator in ESPN channels really makes me fall asleep.

Yeap .. I am looking forward for England to win their first match.

live with music, die with music

www.mp3.com/K_C_Lau

Originally posted by K.C.:

However, I can still watch it in a Spanish Channel. I like to watch matches in that channel even more because the commentator is always excited. When a goal is scored... he will scream GGGGGGOOOOOOAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLL for 30 secs !!!

Mexican commentators are soo funny. Then enjoy a lot the games :D

I HATE SOCCER.

However, it's 2:27 am and I'm watching Mexico Vs Croatia... enjoying a midnight appetizer :P

Let's see who wins !

Músico, Productor, Ingeniero, Tecnólogo

Senior Product Manager, América Latina y Caribe - PreSonus

at Fender Musical Instruments Company

Instagram: guslozada

Facebook: Lozada - Música y Tecnología

www.guslozada.com

:freak::freak: This is the end of the world !!!!!!!!! Mexico WON !!?? :freak::freak:

It wasn't a bad game, but... Mexico winning to Croatia ??? My God... What's next? :D

Músico, Productor, Ingeniero, Tecnólogo

Senior Product Manager, América Latina y Caribe - PreSonus

at Fender Musical Instruments Company

Instagram: guslozada

Facebook: Lozada - Música y Tecnología

www.guslozada.com

Originally posted by GusTraX:

My God... What's next? :D

Brazil almost loosing to Turkey :rolleyes:

Man, what a crappy game. Shitty referee too... that definitely was not a penalty.

I'm still smiling over France's defeat, though :D:wave::love:

Korg Kronos X73 / ARP Odyssey / Motif ES Rack / Roland D-05 / JP-08 / SE-05 / Jupiter Xm / Novation Mininova / NL2X / Waldorf Pulse II

MBP-LOGIC

American Deluxe P-Bass, Yamaha RBX760

:eek: As for me, I'm ALWAYS suprised to find that somebody in the U.S. actually GIVES a shit about soccer! Most I know would rather watch GOLF!

Whitefang

I started out with NOTHING...and I still have most of it left!

Originally posted by whitefang:

:eek: As for me, I'm ALWAYS suprised to find that somebody in the U.S. actually GIVES a shit about soccer! Most I know would rather watch GOLF!

Whitefang

I don't know why. A lot of people in the States play the game. Just go to any city park on a weekend. In Denver, it's about half and half volleyball and soccer (with a minority playing my summer sport, Ultimate). Neither one is a big spectator sport, but they're both popular.

Personally, I'd much rather play soccer than watch it, but I've been enjoying the World Cup so far. I especially liked the first English game: so dominant in the first half, but, boy, did they come close to losing late in the second!

Goooooooaaalllllllllll !!!! USA 3-2 against Portugal :D:D:D !! McBride, Donovan and O'Brian score for the USA squad in a tremendous upset of the heavily favored European team (boy did they look pissed after the end of the game!). 1st USA victory in world cup since 1994 against Uraguay. We got some players, we got offense, we got speed and even pretty good defense. We even scored one goal for Portugal!! Next opponent, Korea, who won yesterday 2-0 in their first game. This game will be played in front of a huge Korean crowd on the 10th. Props to the USA team :thu:

-nitecrawler

"Time to head down that old Colorado highway pardner."

Originally posted by Robert Smedberg:

Friday will be very interesting.

England vs. Argentina and

Sweden vs. Nigeria

:evil: Group of death :evil:

I predict:

England 1 vs. Argentina 2

Sweden 0 vs. Nigeria 2

I wish:

England 0 vs. Argentina 0

Sweden 5 vs. Nigeria 0

/Mats

http://www.lexam.net/peter/carnut/man.gif

What do we want? Procrastination!

When do we want it? Later!

Mats: I think Sweden can beat Nigeria, by playing a possesion game and waiting until their opponent gets frustrated and makes mistakes. Look what happened to England in the second half in their game against Sweden. England, on the other hand may have some real difficulty against Argentina.

-nitecrawler :cool:

"Time to head down that old Colorado highway pardner."

Originally posted by mats.olsson@rockfile.se:

Friday will be very interesting.

England vs. Argentina and

Sweden vs. Nigeria

:evil: Group of death :evil:

I predict:

England 1 vs. Argentina 2

Sweden 0 vs. Nigeria 2

I wish:

England 0 vs. Argentina 0

Sweden 5 vs. Nigeria 0

/Mats

Watch it Mats, I know where you live. ;)

I'm confident that Sweden will win.

After seeing most of the matches, I predict a final game between Germany and Italy.

Both teams have the talent to play very moderate, but to win every game. And winning is what this is all about....

:keys: My Music:thx: I always wondered what happened after the fade out?

Excuse me guys for just a minute here while I express myself. GO IRELAND! (just finished watching their intense game with Germany in which they tied 1-1 with about 2 min. stoppage time left). If Roy Keane were there they probably would have won. I know, you might not think it's such a big deal, but still, I'm pretty sure if they are able to muster up the skill to beat *snicker* Saudi Arabia (which will be mighty tough) then they'll almost certainly be off to the next round.

Anyway-Robert, when is the England/Argentina match? That should be interesting...

"Bach is ever new"-Glenn Gould

Originally posted by nitecrawler47:

Goooooooaaalllllllllll !!!! USA 3-2 against Portugal :D:D:D !! McBride, Donovan and O'Brian score for the USA squad in a tremendous upset of the heavily favored European team (boy did they look pissed after the end of the game!). 1st USA victory in world cup since 1994 against Uraguay. We got some players, we got offense, we got speed and even pretty good defense. We even scored one goal for Portugal!! Next opponent, Korea, who won yesterday 2-0 in their first game. This game will be played in front of a huge Korean crowd on the 10th. Props to the USA team :thu:

-nitecrawler

That's a good result but I can see the US getting a spanking from the Koreans :D
"That's what the internet is for. Slandering others anonymously." - Banky Edwards.

CONGRATULATIONS USA!!! :thu:

I am a Scotsman in America, so with my country not being in the World Cup I kinda cant help adopting the USA team for the next month.

I have been trying to tell friends back home how good the US team is but the usual British attitude of "I dont know those guys so they cant be good" is prevailing.

Hopefully now, by beating a true European force (top 5 in Europe) people will take the US team seriously. Especially since Portugal didnt actually play all that bad and were at as good as full strength,unlike the US who had possibly their best 2 players missing.

Add to that Korea's excellent form and we could have a very interesting group here. :)

Sorry, has to be done:

COME ON ARGENTINA!!! :D

Best of luck to Sweden, hope Lord Henrik finds his Celtic form, shame he didnt bag a few against England!

Enjoy the games everyone!

After seeing most of the matches, I predict a final game between Germany and Italy.

Both teams have the talent to play very moderate, but to win every game. And winning is what this is all about....

And they are better with penalties too! :P Holland not in, USA winning from Portugal... what the heck is goin' on??? :D

Oh yeah, one final thing, I hope the ass of France is gonna be kicked very hard. Thank you Senegal... next!

http://www.bobwijnen.nl

Hipness is not a state of mind, it's a fact of life.

Sweden beat Nigeria 2-1.

Spain beat paraguay 3-1.

And now England is playing against Argentina and is in the lead at the moment :eek: . Beckham scored on penalty after 44 minutes. :mad:

If England wins, Sweden need to have a at least a draw against Argentina. In that case both Sweden and England will continue.

Woo Hoo! England beat Argentina! ;) France is practically out! :D:D:D Good games this morning. Man, I gotta start getting some sleep.

Waiting for Brazil's game tomorrow...

Korg Kronos X73 / ARP Odyssey / Motif ES Rack / Roland D-05 / JP-08 / SE-05 / Jupiter Xm / Novation Mininova / NL2X / Waldorf Pulse II

MBP-LOGIC

American Deluxe P-Bass, Yamaha RBX760

England still need to beat Nigeria of course, but they are allready out of the tournament and haven't anything to play for.

Actually all they have to do is not lose and even then they could go through on goal diff, or even outright depending on the other results:

S v A

SW D AW

EW ES ES EA

E v N D ES ES AE

NW SE SE? A?

Not sure of the tie break if England Argentina end up with same points and goal diff - does England go through based on head to head, or do total goals count, or what? Lower right possibility is even more confusing - do they toss a coin?

Originally posted by nitecrawler47:

Robert: Whats the prediction? Can Sweden tie or beat Argentina? I think the South American team will be desperate, to say the least!

-nitecralwer

If England can beat Argentina, so can Sweden.

But Argentina is playing with a knife to thier throats this time. They cannot even afford to draw. And Sweden is not good at playing on results. If they play the regular offensive play, they will beat them, I'm sure of that.

Originally posted by K.C.:

Italy vs Croatia - 1:2 ( supposed 3:2)

what a stupid, brainless, visual impaired line's man!!!! He is really stupid and should be banned for all tournament onwards.

No kidding!! I sat motionless in combined horror/disbelief as 2 fabulous goals were waved off. WTF???

Chris

Archived