Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

World Cup is here

Goldberg

I don't know who's up (it's 130 a.m. where I am now) but I'm watching the Korea/US match at 41 minutes and for the update...US is up by 1...and the keeper just blocked a fabulous penalty kick! All right!That was incredible it really was. GO US!
"Bach is ever new"-Glenn Gould

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Striker1080:

I don't know who's up (it's 130 a.m. where I am now) but I'm watching the Korea/US match at 41 minutes and for the update...US is up by 1...and the keeper just blocked a fabulous penalty kick! All right!That was incredible it really was. GO US!

Whoa, US really showing of.

Hope they can win this.

Match ends USA 1 - Korea 1, Freidel, the American goalie played an inspired game throughout but the Koreans were not to be denied in the second half. It was a good match, but leaves the door open for Portugal to get back into the running.

-nitecrawler :thu: USA

"Time to head down that old Colorado highway pardner."

France made history for being the 1st scoreless defending champion!!! I wonder why all the betting on France have to give some handicap, since the team is so lousy and ended up at the bottom of the group. IF China and Arab managed to make a goal in the last match, they are definitely better than France.

What a poor team with strikers who can't strike the ball into the goal!!!

live with music, die with music

www.mp3.com/K_C_Lau

Bad day, very bad day... What a sad World Cup for our team! I am so sorry for them, and really cannot understand what has happened to "Les Bleus". :(

But the competition goes on, and maythe best win !!!!!

See you in 2006... :wave:

Alex

Man, what a game. Can't say I'm terribly upset about France loosing ;) Sorry Alex :D

I'll have to say this though; Brasil was awfully lucky with the group it ended up this first round.

The real fun starts next week.

Korg Kronos X73 / ARP Odyssey / Motif ES Rack / Roland D-05 / JP-08 / SE-05 / Jupiter Xm / Novation Mininova / NL2X / Waldorf Pulse II

MBP-LOGIC

American Deluxe P-Bass, Yamaha RBX760

Yes! Argentina is out! :wave: Bye, bye

We'll see what the Squadra Azurra has to offer ;)

Korg Kronos X73 / ARP Odyssey / Motif ES Rack / Roland D-05 / JP-08 / SE-05 / Jupiter Xm / Novation Mininova / NL2X / Waldorf Pulse II

MBP-LOGIC

Congratulations to England, Ireland, and Sweden!! They all advance to the second round. The match between Paraguay and Slovenia was shown here this morning, and was a good match! Congratulations to Paraguay on their victory. I'm looking forward to our next test against Poland. Here's hoping that the USA team can also advance to the second round. This has been a very interesting World Cup to say the least!!

-nitecrawler

This was sent to me today. Man, I'm going to have some hate mail next time I log in. :D For those who don't know, brazilians and argentians hate each other.

http://cariocasynthman.tripod.com/thealternativesynthsite/argentina_wc.jpg

MBP-LOGIC

EIREANN GO BRAITH! Let's do good now Ireland...Sorry this is old news (Irish qualifying for next round) but I haven't gotten around to the boards lately.

GO IRELAND!

GO ENGLAND!

Do good guys. I'm rooting for the both of you.

EIREANN GO BRAITH! Let's do good now Ireland...Sorry this is old news (Irish qualifying for next round) but I haven't gotten around to the boards lately.

GO IRELAND!

GO ENGLAND!

Do good guys. I'm rooting for the both of you.

I´m so sorry man...Next Sunday afternoon Guinness will be paler in the O´Connell pubs and the Liffey river will overflow with the tears of the Irish fans after Raul and Morientes show their magic to your boys.

Best,

Jose.

:evil:

Originally posted by EricG:

To all from Sweden !

Congratulations!! Although I am from Norway and should not be cheering for Sweden, I do!!! Go Sweden, take it home !!!!

Thank you!!

Maybe it's a surprise for you, but when we look on sports, and Sweden have lost or is out, we all cheer for Norway or Denmark. Our brothers.

Originally posted by jcobelas@navegalia.com:

[/qb]

I´m so sorry man...Next Sunday afternoon Guinness will be paler in the O´Connell pubs and the Liffey river will overflow with the tears of the Irish fans after Raul and Morientes show their magic to your boys.

Best,

Jose.

:evil: [/QB]

Yeah, yeah. You'll have to injure Given first I think. The men in green have a few tricks believe it or not. Well may the better team win and remember-if Spain gets past my our team-give Brazil one for me will ya?

I've got three teams besides Ireland now that I want to do well in the rounds to come:

1) England-best wishes to ya I know ya've got what it takes

2) Denmark (cringes because they'll be playing England) You lot have a chance if you beat England I'll have more trust in you but good luck

3) Spain-You lot have a fine team no doubt there. If you beat Ireland go all the way and do your best.

We'll see about England/Denmark (any opinions?)I'll be celebrating if one of the four teams (esp. Ireland) go all the way.

GOOD LUCK TO YA!

Oh btw it looks very good for Brazil right now I checked over the charts and they shouldn't have any major problems until the very late games.

If anyone other than Brasil win the cup, it will be a big surprise.

My predictions for the games this weekend is:

Denmark will beat England. England seems to have trouble scoring....

Sweden will beat Senegal. Hopefully that is. Sweden have only lost one game of the last 25, I think.

Paraguay will beat Germany. Paraguay is the team that beat Sweden.

Spain will beat Ireland. Unfortunately...

Brasil will beat Belgium. Easy.

Japan will beat Turkey. A big cheering home crowd will make that possible.

Well the wheels are coming off the USA team. They are down 3-0 to Poland as I write. Now all we can hope for is a victory from Korea over Portugal. Whats this? Portugal is down to 9 players (two red cards) and Korea is ahead 1-0. Go Korea!!!

-nitecrawler

PS Korea saves our bacon. USA advances to meet their old nemesis, Mexico. (AH Who AHH!!!) :thu:

Man, I have to stop watching games and catching some sleep. Plus I have a gig a week from this Saturday (yeah!).

My predictions next phase

Germany x Paraguai

Germany; although Paraguai may be a surprise. It will be close. No more 8x0's. 1x0 for Germany.

Denmark x England

Tough one; I want to say Denmark, since they have a tight team, even if they don't have exceptionally good players individually. 2x1 for Denmark.

Sweden x Senegal

Sweden, but there could be a surprise. 1x0 for Sweden.

Spain x Ireland

Sorry, Ireland, I think this is Spain's Cup. Spain no sweat. Spain 2x0

Mexico x USA

Mexico, but this game should be interesting. 2x1 for Mexico

Brazil x Belgium

Brazil 4x2 (They really have to clean up their act in the defense)

Japan x Turkey

Japan, home turf. Japan is out next round, though. Japan 1x0

S. Korea x Italy

This will be interesting. I'm almost seing the 94 world cup repeating here, Italy starts horrible, stumbles along but makes it to final match. But it's Korea's turf. Tie with Italy winning penalty shots.

I'm betting on a Brazil vs. Spain final match.

MBP-LOGIC

I'm watching the England/Denmark match right now and it seems that some of your theories about Denmark winning are going down the drain. England is up 3-0, and it doesn't seem like Denmark can change that any time soon. The first half just ended too.

I'm watching the England/Denmark match right now and it seems that some of your theories about Denmark winning are going down the drain. England is up 3-0, and it doesn't seem like Denmark can change that any time soon. The first half just ended too.

No kidding! Great game. I definitely didn't see this one coming. They scored as many goals in this match as they had so far.

That's what I love about the world cup. You never know what's happening next.

Congrats to England.

MBP-LOGIC

Originally posted by Robert Smedberg:

If anyone other than Brasil win the cup, it will be a big surprise.

My predictions for the games this weekend is:

Denmark will beat England. England seems to have trouble scoring....

Sweden will beat Senegal. Hopefully that is. Sweden have only lost one game of the last 25, I think.

Paraguay will beat Germany. Paraguay is the team that beat Sweden.

Spain will beat Ireland. Unfortunately...

Brasil will beat Belgium. Easy.

Japan will beat Turkey. A big cheering home crowd will make that possible.

How good I'm at predicting.

Germany won by a goal after 88 min.

England won easy with 3 to nothing.

Now I'm really scared about tomorrows game, Sweden vs. Senegal.

Perhaps I should change my choice and go for Senegal instead. ;)

Archived