Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

World Cup is here

Goldberg

Originally posted by Robert Smedberg:

If anyone other than Brasil win the cup, it will be a big surprise.

My predictions for the games this weekend is:

Denmark will beat England. England seems to have trouble scoring....

Sweden will beat Senegal. Hopefully that is. Sweden have only lost one game of the last 25, I think.

Paraguay will beat Germany. Paraguay is the team that beat Sweden.

Spain will beat Ireland. Unfortunately...

Brasil will beat Belgium. Easy.

Japan will beat Turkey. A big cheering home crowd will make that possible.

How good I'm at predicting.

Germany won by a goal after 88 min.

England won easy with 3 to nothing.

Now I'm really scared about tomorrows game, Sweden vs. Senegal.

Perhaps I should change my choice and go for Senegal instead. ;)

I hope you are not wrong about Spain-Ireland. I think that is Spain's Cup.

Valentí Adell

www.valentiadell.com

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by vadell:

I hope you are not wrong about Spain-Ireland. I think that is Spain's Cup.

I agree. The final will be Brazil vs Spain. May be the best win. ;)

Korg Kronos X73 / ARP Odyssey / Motif ES Rack / Roland D-05 / JP-08 / SE-05 / Jupiter Xm / Novation Mininova / NL2X / Waldorf Pulse II

MBP-LOGIC

American Deluxe P-Bass, Yamaha RBX760

No kidding! Is this guy a psychic or what? Great game... must sleep now. Man, I hope brazil is not next :eek:

Korg Kronos X73 / ARP Odyssey / Motif ES Rack / Roland D-05 / JP-08 / SE-05 / Jupiter Xm / Novation Mininova / NL2X / Waldorf Pulse II

MBP-LOGIC

If anyone other than Brasil win the cup, it will be a big surprise.

My predictions for the games this weekend is:

Denmark will beat England. England seems to have trouble scoring....

Sweden will beat Senegal. Hopefully that is. Sweden have only lost one game of the last 25, I think.

Paraguay will beat Germany. Paraguay is the team that beat Sweden.

Spain will beat Ireland. Unfortunately...

Brasil will beat Belgium. Easy.

Japan will beat Turkey. A big cheering home crowd will make that possible.

Ok, so far, none of my votes have come true.

If this continues both Spain and Brasil are going home in two days. :mad:

And what a fucking way to loose. The Swedish midfielder A. Svensson hit the post the minute before Senegal scored. :cry:

I feel your pain Robert.

Ireland just lost to Spain-but not easily. 2 overtimes and then penalty kicks-Spain got one more penalty kick than Ireland. Oh what a game! Congratulations Spain you played well. What happened to Raul though? (I was watching it on a Spanish channel and didn't quite catch it). I'm also very proud of the Irish they were playing a lot better than they have been and it showed. I too predict a final match between Brasil and Spain (if not Spain hopefully England) and wish Spain luck in their later phases. Good game!

"Bach is ever new"-Glenn Gould

lol ok nevermind, I didn't realise that England was playing Brasil next (if Brasil wins to Belgium, which would surpirse me if they didn't but you never know this time around...), so obviously they couldn't play them in the final. Well, come on England...
"Bach is ever new"-Glenn Gould

Originally posted by Striker1080:

I feel your pain Robert.

Ireland just lost to Spain-but not easily. pain luck in their later phases. Good game!

They had ten sure goal attacks stopped by off side (actually, one of them, was wrongly called when Morientes was alone in front of Gavin). Ireland was very lucky that Raul and Morientes were a split second rushed in those, otherwise they would have finished the first half with at least three goals in the bag.

Second half Raul got injured, and Morientes could not go on, either. When the overtime started, Albelda had to stay out with a sprained testicle (ouch), and with no more changes left Spain played the overtime with one man less, and with Luis Enrique, also injured, standing still in front of the Irish goalkeeper because he could not run anymore. Funny thing is, the Irish did not notice that they were playing against 9 until the match was over. It was an epic match, and they showed guts and intelligence (the second half of the overtime was an example of strategy led by Luque and Mendieta).

The Irish fought well, and were as hard to beat as everybody expected.

Having said that, Iker Casillas is God.

Jose.

although I am accurate on the Sen:Swe match, unfortunately I didn't bet any penny on it!!!!

And 2 matches after that just help me "donated" some money to the online betting site. :mad:

USA plays well. The team plays better if facing a stronger team. I guess I underestimate them.

Brazil is going to beat Belgium 2:1.

live with music, die with music

www.mp3.com/K_C_Lau

Well... I should say this was a sad night for Mexico... but I'm happy :D

I hate soccer but being a fan of strategy, it was really good to see the US team did its homework: They nulified mexico's offensive and seized their goal opportunities.

Good job ! :thu:

BTW ... Go Brazil !!! :P

Músico, Productor, Ingeniero, Tecnólogo

Senior Product Manager, América Latina y Caribe - PreSonus

at Fender Musical Instruments Company

Instagram: guslozada

Facebook: Lozada - Música y Tecnología

www.guslozada.com

Now USA has to play Germany :eek: Well, I don't think any of these matches get any easier after the first round ;) It's great to see this young USA team continue on!!!

-nitecrawler GO USA :D

"Time to head down that old Colorado highway pardner."

Whew... 2x0, but close game. God bless our goalie ;)

Game with england should be reaaaaaally interesting.

MBP-LOGIC

Sorry Smedis, I goofed. Denmark was already out...

Brazil - England? 3-2

Brazil had some difficulties with Belgium and England won't give it away but I think Brazil is the better one. Looks like it's gonna be a hell of a game!

USA - Deutschland? 2-0

Let's just face it. Germany has a reputation to hold up and a really good team. I'm happy you guys made it that far.

This is the championships of big surprises so who knows...South Korea - Italy 2-1?

http://www.bobwijnen.nl

Hipness is not a state of mind, it's a fact of life.

Because I'm of Polish descent, I had a lot of fun asking my wife, "How many Polacks does it take to whip the snot out of America in the World Cup?"

But because she's of Mexican extraction (she was extracted from a Mexican!), she wanted to know if and when Mexico plays Poland. I said I wasn't sure just HOW they work out the matches in this sport, so I decided to ask all Y'all!

Whitefang

I started out with NOTHING...and I still have most of it left!

Originally posted by whitefang:

But because she's of Mexican extraction (she was extracted from a Mexican!), she wanted to know if and when Mexico plays Poland. I said I wasn't sure just HOW they work out the matches in this sport, so I decided to ask all Y'all!

Whitefang

Mexico Vs Poland?

It never happened... and will never happen on this world cup.

POLAND

W D L Pts

1 0 2 3

They did not make it to the round of 16 since they were at the bottom of their group with only 3 points won. They got their only 3 points by defeating the US team.

Músico, Productor, Ingeniero, Tecnólogo

Senior Product Manager, América Latina y Caribe - PreSonus

at Fender Musical Instruments Company

Instagram: guslozada

Facebook: Lozada - Música y Tecnología

www.guslozada.com

Thanx, Gus!

Guess it takes some learning to figure out this style of playoffs! Poland wins, and is out.

U.S.A. loses, and is still in!

Hmmmm.....

Whitefang

I started out with NOTHING...and I still have most of it left!

Guess it takes some learning to figure out this style of playoffs! Poland wins, and is out.

U.S.A. loses, and is still in!

Hmmmm.....

That's very simple. Poland lost with 0-2 from South Korea and 0-4 from Portugal. Poland was already out and only a miracle would have kept them in. 3-1 against US was by far not enough.

http://www.bobwijnen.nl

Hipness is not a state of mind, it's a fact of life.

This is the best Worldcup tournament since 1974.

Expect the unexpected! The football is tacticly maybe not the best ever, but hey, the fun is back on the pitch!

Hiddink for president! :D

:keys: My Music:thx: I always wondered what happened after the fade out?

Italy must have offended many referees.

Last time match with Croatia, 2 deserved goal were waived by the linesman. This match with Korea, Totti should be given a penalty kick but instead he got a yellow card which led Italy down to 10 men.

What a pity football team. There are many people in the field don't allow them to go further.

live with music, die with music

www.mp3.com/K_C_Lau

Originally posted by K.C.:

Italy must have offended many referees.

Last time match with Croatia, 2 deserved goal were waived by the linesman. This match with Korea, Totti should be given a penalty kick but instead he got a yellow card which led Italy down to 10 men.

What a pity football team. There are many people in the field don't allow them to go further.

It's weird. This world cup seems to be plagued with bad referee decisions.

It wasn't clear if Totti faked the fall or not; in any case, the referee was way too far away from the play to make the call correctly. He should just have annulled the play and left it at that.

This world cup is definitely becoming a suprise. I'm kind of excited about Korea though. Not that I have any loyalty for the Italian team either ;)

MBP-LOGIC

Archived