Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

NBA PLAYOFFS!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by steadyb:

Regularly seen in the front row of at Continental Airlines Arena: The cast of "Scared Strait".

Scared Strait? A "strait" is a narrow waterway? What's it afraid of? Drought?

Only FORMER Nets are bad (Jayson Williams, Dereck Coleman).

Kidd wasn't trying to hurt his wife. He was just practicing his "bitch slap," i.e. getting ready for Kobe.

By the way, when did Kobe become such an UGLY motherf----? He looks like a cartoon version of Scottie Pippen's little brother.

For the record, A. Hardaway was BETTER than Bryant.

The Black Knight always triumphs!

Originally posted by Dan South:

Scared Strait?

yep, you got me. :o

A "strait" is a narrow waterway?
Is that a statement or a question? :confused:

Only FORMER Nets are bad (Jayson Williams, Dereck Coleman).
Apparently, "guns don't kill people, Nets kill people" :evil:

Kidd wasn't trying to hurt his wife.
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Better at being traded to Phoenix. He can't play without Shaq...he can't play without Kidd...he can't do commercials without Chris Rock...how sad, the guy can't even play with himself. :freak:

For the record? A-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!!!!

Did you hear about the dining establishment Mr. Hardaway opened awhile back?

Anfernee's Refterant

- Jeff

Kidd wasn't trying to hurt his wife. He was just practicing his "bitch slap," i.e. getting ready for Kobe.

By the way, when did Kobe become such an UGLY motherf----? He looks like a cartoon version of Scottie Pippen's little brother.

Dan, didn't realize you looked like Tom Cruise, but to say Hardaway was BETTER than Kobe, makes me wonder about your "Artificial Intelligence". :P

(Or at least how many "Cocktails" you've had!)

Originally posted by Magpel:

ouldn't predict Kobe would be poisoned, which really was the only reason the kings won tonight. Lakers in 5.[

QUOTE]

The Kings have played both games without their second leading scorer and one of their two allstars.

Kobe was out there triple-shimmying and quadruple-pumping like every other person with "food poisoning" I've ever seen.

Told ya...easy to see that coming!

Hate to say it, but it wasnt a Crystal ball Steady, it was the predictable perpetual 'Mike Alike' routine of Kobe's that was so so predictable...."ohhhhhhh, my arm, look at all the bandages from the many many multiple needles which hurt my woodle arm.....how'd I make that shot?....oh look how woozy I am, how on earth did I post up like that"?!!

News flash:

This just in -- Kobe will never be Michael!!!!

Never!

By the way, If Shaq were a Bull with Jordan, they'd have won 11 titles. Im right. You know it.

Still luv ya though!

...and YES Dan did have a point about Hardaway, not that he's looking at stats, but Hardaway was much sweeter-much sooner than Kobe....going by years in the league.

TROLL . . . ish.

Originally posted by meccajay:

Kobe will never be Michael!!!!

Never!

What's a matter Mecca, did Kobe refuse to give you an autograph once??? ...or be your Valentine???

Originally posted by meccajay:

Still luv ya though!

Sounds like you still love Mike. :love:

I admire your loyalty to MJ, I just hope he's true to you too. :D

Dan runs the risk of Jason Kidd breaking his heart and his nose. (Don't worry Dan, I think you can take him, he can only beat up girls)

Originally posted by michael c:

Dan, didn't realize you looked like Tom Cruise, but to say Hardaway was BETTER than Kobe, makes me wonder about your "Artificial Intelligence". :P

(Or at least how many "Cocktails" you've had!)

I'm BETTER looking than Tom Cruise. Well, taller anyway. :D

Y'know, Kobe didn't look like he had food poisoning. Probably just too much White Castle. On the other hand, he can't hold Mike's brother's shadow's dirty jockstrap. Jordan would have been SO dominant in that fourth quarter. When the Kings went into that offensive slump, he would have gone for the jugular. Kobe must have thought that Phil Jackson said, "Go for the JUGGLER," because aside from that one trey, the Kobester was like the invisible man in Q4. You guys have been sniffing that LA exhaust too long.

Can't wait to see Jason bitch slap Lil' Penny, er, um, I mean Lil' Kobe (if Lil' Kobe can survive the whoopin' that the Kings are gonna give him this weekend).

Hmmm, Mr. Steady, I'd be more impressed if the "MJ Himself" were a link to your source on that rather than just your own emboldened emphasis. I could see Micahel admitting that the 24 yr. Bryant can do more than the 38 year old Jordan. I mean, he's a meglomaniac but he's not stupid.

Hey Mecca and Dan,

How come Phil Jackson and MJ himself acknowledge that Kobe's fast eclipsing Jordan, and you guys just can't admit it??? :confused:

Check out the Sweet Clementines CD at bandcamp

Hey Mecca and Dan,

How come Phil Jackson and MJ himself acknowledge that Kobe's fast eclipsing Jordan, and you guys just can't admit it??? :confused:

Phil's trying to pump up his protegé and he asked Mike to go along with the ruse to try to convince KB that it was really true. - Gosh, Coach, Mike really said THAT? - Phil has gotten used to the LA lifestyle and doesn't want to finish his career working winters in places like Chicago, Cleveland, Detroit, Milwaukee, or Minnesota.

Originally posted by Steve LeBlanc:

I mean I'm no oil painting but Tyra Banks was the only person the cameraman could find that didn't look like a mishap from a cloning lab.

And then:

Regularly seen in the front row at Staples Center: The cast of Friends.

Regularly seen in the front row at Arco Arena: the cast of Deliverance

How perfect! How Predictable! One loss and the LA crowd begins disparaging the social class and looks of the opponent's fans! Ah, LA: the beautiful people, the ugliness within.

If there's one sports city in the USA that should be embarrassed by its typical fan base, it is Los Angeles. Every Laker game is pure pageantry of the grotesque, the self-obsessed, the fair weather, the cliquish, the vain, shallow, superficial, and comsemtically engineered. You guys should try a real city with real fans. You might actually like it. The music too...

How perfect! How Predictable! One loss and the LA crowd begins disparaging the social class and looks of the opponent's fans! Ah, LA: the beautiful people, the ugliness within.

If there's one sports city in the USA that should be embarrassed by its typical fan base, it is Los Angeles. Every Laker game is pure pageantry of the grotesque, the self-obsessed, the fair weather, the cliquish, the vain, shallow, superficial, and comsemtically engineered. You guys should try a real city with real fans. You might actually like it. The music too...[/QB]

LOL... :D

Originally posted on 04-20-2001 by Dave Bryce:

Okay, I have decided that this forum is way too well behaved.

Being a native Philadelphian, I just love a good scrap. I've done my best to start a few good flame wars, but it always ends up fizzling; and, as the moderator, there's only so far that I can go.

Little did Dave know that all he had to do, in order to create a little trash talking in this forum, was to start an NBA thread! :D

Enthusiasm powers the world.

Craig Anderton's Archiving Article

Steadyb, what hast thou uttered so terrible as to retract 3x? If it was directed at my LA rant, please let it fly! I was begging and baiting for it. Let's not spoil this discussion with restraint and better sense, okay?

Hey Mecca and Dan,

Phil's trying to pump up his protegé and he asked Mike to go along with the ruse to try to convince KB that it was really true. - Gosh, Coach, Mike really said THAT? - Phil has gotten used to the LA lifestyle and doesn't want to finish his career working winters in places like Chicago, Cleveland, Detroit, Milwaukee, or Minnesota.
Yes. Kobe really needs his ego pumped. :rolleyes:

On second thought, maybe he does. Look at the Laker's winning percentage without Shaq. The numbers are a downer for Kobe.

Robert

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

I just want to know what steadyb said before the edit! :D

Okay, now...let's be clear: the trash talking is not intended to be mean or spiteful. It's a natural part of being a fan of a team.

No, not everyone in Sacto is an ugly hick. No, not everyone in L.A. is a superficial prick. No, not everyone in Jersey is as evil as Dan South (see, that was a joke...I love Dan).

Having lived in L.A. nearly my entire life (and having been an L.A. Lakers and Kings fan since 1975 or so), I can tell you that the caliber of the Los Angeles fan has gotten better -- remarkably better -- over the past five years. It wasn't uncommon at the Forum to see people milling in toward the end of the first quarter and leaving before the end of the fourth, even in good games. Those are not fans...they are people who just want to see-and-be-seen at the game.

Back to today: I love the fact that we now have rabid Lakers and Kings fans who want to defend their beloved teams to the haters of the world. This is good, and puts us in line with most of the rest of the country.

That having been said...it'll be fun to see the Lakers/Celtic finals. I think the Boston fans will exhibit more class than the NoSac fans, but we'll see...it's a different world than the era of "showtime".

- Jeff

Originally posted by Jeff, TASCAM Guy:

I just want to know what steadyb said before the edit!

I left them up for a couple hours, but when there was no response I thought that maybe it was too harsh, so I edited them, then decided to remove them all together.

I was worried I may have offended someone or hurt someone's feelings and thought, ..."if you can't say something nice...".

Anyway...

Jeff, I appreciate the good fans of LA. I know of a few: Jeff, Steve, Byron. Fans worthy of Cleveland.

When I cried Stereotype, I was just being as a maliciously playful as everyone else. Going for the most offensive or dismissive thing I could think of simly because *it's allowed.* Elvis Costello got into trouble that way.

So let's all nod and wink and shake hands and get back to work. KOBE SUCKS!

So let's all nod and wink and shake hands and get back to work. KOBE SUCKS!

Right on Mag. So sorry, by the way, about the Nets devastating loss to Beantown. Geez, even with Kidd's triple-double. Must be heartbreaking. You should just give up now...it'll just be worse if you actually beat Boston and have to face a real team. :)

- Jeff

It usually takes the unthinkable to wake up the Lakers (like actually losing a playoff game to the kings), and now that that has happened, it's really "lights out" for the kings...sorry Dan.

See you (and by "you" I mean the Celtics) in The Finals.

Originally posted by Steve LeBlanc:

I mean I'm no oil painting but Tyra Banks was the only person the cameraman could find that didn't look like a mishap from a cloning lab.

And then:

Regularly seen in the front row at Staples Center: The cast of Friends.

Regularly seen in the front row at Arco Arena: the cast of Deliverance

If there's one sports city in the USA that should be embarrassed by its typical fan base, it is Los Angeles. Every Laker game is pure pageantry of the grotesque, the self-obsessed, the fair weather, the cliquish, the vain, shallow, superficial, and comsemtically engineered. You guys should try a real city with real fans. You might actually like it. The music too...

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Funniest part is I agree 100%...people dress in freaking suits to see Lakers games :eek: but there are some real fans. Don't forget we've got the bottom of the barrel social class and the richest of the rich living less than a block from each other. Plus we've got Lounge Suit wearing Jack Nicholson hanging out center court.

I was making a joke...you are sensitive aren't you;)...that time of the month? Maybe you'll need two tampons :)

Originally posted by Jeff, TASCAM Guy:

I just want to know what steadyb said before the edit! :D

Okay, now...let's be clear: the trash talking is not intended to be mean or spiteful. It's a natural part of being a fan of a team.

No, not everyone in Sacto is an ugly hick. No, not everyone in L.A. is a superficial prick. No, not everyone in Jersey is as evil as Dan South (see, that was a joke...I love Dan).

Having lived in L.A. nearly my entire life (and having been an L.A. Lakers and Kings fan since 1975 or so), I can tell you that the caliber of the Los Angeles fan has gotten better -- remarkably better -- over the past five years. It wasn't uncommon at the Forum to see people milling in toward the end of the first quarter and leaving before the end of the fourth, even in good games. Those are not fans...they are people who just want to see-and-be-seen at the game.

Back to today: I love the fact that we now have rabid Lakers and Kings fans who want to defend their beloved teams to the haters of the world. This is good, and puts us in line with most of the rest of the country.

That having been said...it'll be fun to see the Lakers/Celtic finals. I think the Boston fans will exhibit more class than the NoSac fans, but we'll see...it's a different world than the era of "showtime".

- Jeff

Bravo, Jeff! Let's not miss the point. This banter is all in fun. It's just a way to pump up the adrenaline and enjoy the thrill of the competition from our (not exactly courtside) perspective. I love all of you guys, and I love to hand her. My Laker/Celtic slams are NOT meant to be taken personally.

Except by Shaq and Kobe. :D

I was worried I may have offended someone or hurt someone's feelings and thought, ..."if you can't say something nice...".

In that case, you've got about 1550 more posts to edit!

:D

P.S. That was a joke!

;)

Archived