Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Introductions?

Took a little too long for me to introduce myself, since you'll see I've been registered a while.

The R is for Rob, the Kipp is for Kipp. I'm 18 and attending college in Staten Island, NY. I've been playing keyboards for about 7 years (self-teaching, should take some lessons for proper "piano" technique), and I definitely enjoy listening to the insightful and often amusing things you guys all come up with. It's hard to find a person in the flesh with which I could discuss the same things, especially in my age group.

My gear consists of: Korg CX-3, Roland JP-8000, Casio WK-1200 (almost ashamed to mention that last one, but still use it). At my old high school, during my senior year I found an unused suitcase Rhodes Mark II, 73 key (I think); for the last 6 months, I have been pestering the administration to let me buy it from them, as I have been the only person to use it (for the jazz band, sounds and plays great). The teacher said if within a year, no one else is using it, then they will sell it to me, so I wait patiently to add to the gear list an actual Rhodes.

My musical tastes are varied, I love progressive rock (pretty much all the prog bands I love, Genesis are my favorite), but have gotten increasingly into jazz and blues, like Miles Davis, Jimmy Smith, Dave Weckl (you can thank my drummer for that, saw him in concert), etc.

Well, sorry I took so long,

Rob

Wow, did I take my time replying, or what?! Sorry, Uncle Sam called.

Anyway, I'm Jay, 39 years old, musician since age 5, keyboard player since 1985. 1st keyboard (are you ready) - Korg poly800. Oh, surprise. Anyway, I am currently the music director and keyboardist for the church I attend in Maine, and do instrumental music-for-hire stuff to help make ends meet.

I have been in bands since age 13, and there are days i miss the rush of a great crowd, but my life is just a little too hectic to do it much anymore, I am a self-employed residential contractor. No, I am not looking for any more work right now, thank you for asking, but if you know a few skilled carpenters, I could use the help.

Anyway, I ramble.

Current gear:

Fatar studio 88 w/ proformance

Roland MKB300 w/ MKS20, Obie Matrix 1000 and Alesis QSR (Classical and Sanctuary cards)

Ensoniq SQ80 (yes it's ancient, but with 3 oscillators, it does rippin analog wanna-be stuff) with Peavey spectrum analog filter

Yamaha tx7 (I must have 10,000 sounds for this thing)

Alesis d4

Pentium II 500mh w/128 megs and 60 gb hd

cubasis vst (new)

cakewalk pro 8

Dreams:

K2600 maxed out, Maybe a triton or rack

bigger faster computer and lots of soft synths/plugins

See ya round the forum.

Jay

My name is Mike. I am 29 and play keyboards in an Air Force Band. I recently transfered from the Army where I was in bands in D.C., Japan and Virginia. Thanks for all of the great comments on this board, I have found them very valuable. I play various kind of gigs outside of the service, from Rock and roll to hard core jazz.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it's been a while. If this were another kind of site, I'd accuse myself of lurking, but...

I am 45 y.o., primarily a pianist, who got bitten by the synth bug fairly early on. I actually did this professionally for a while, but life got in the way.

Fortunately, life is now allowing me to re-explore my love of music. It is always a pleasure to get back to it. I have had a couple of hiatuses (?hiatii?) before, and while they always kill my chops, I usually find the ideas freshen up nicely after a break.

Anyway, the tool list:

Steinway B

Kurzweil K2500XS

Kurzweil Pro 1200

Yamaha KX76

Yamaha DX7, TX7, TX81Z,RX21

E-mu Emax SE

Roland MT32, R5

Rhodes Stage 76 (does anyone know where to find tines or hammers)

Gibson Les Paul

Johnson J-Station

(believe it or not) Atari 1040ST/MasterTracks Pro - it still works, and I'm learning curve challenged by the...

Yamaha AW4416 - outstanding tool, however

AKG 3000B pr.

To David and the group - I've actually been getting a lot of good ideas/pointers etc., though I haven't been contributing much. Thanks to all for your overwhelmingly good threads.

Have we reached the Paul quota yet? 

My name is Paul Martinez. I am 40 years old and have lived in Dallas, Texas since February 23rd, 1987, 11:14pm CDT. I made a point to make note of the time when I stepped off the plane from Kodiak, Alaska (where I had been a working musician for 3 ½ years). Although I am not overly fond of Dallas, it doesnt suck bad enough for me to move anywhere else yet. I am buried in the deepest recesses of middle management for an enormous telecommunications firm, which suits me just fine.

I started out on clarinet when I was in 7th grade, and learned all the woodwinds and brass, as well as mallet percussion, through my senior year in high school. I had aspirations of becoming a band director, but they quickly faded when I came to the realization that I dont like being around kids. Dont get me wrong, I think kids are great, just not in proximity (I am the 11th of 13 children and have over 50 nieces/nephews my parents were that awkward combination of Catholics without a TV).

I picked up guitar when I was in high school and have played it to varying degree ever since. I bought a Korg Poly6 without a users manual when I was in Alaska and got hooked on the synthesis bug. Then MIDI happened

I have played keyboards, guitar, bass, sax and percussion in way too many non-descript bands over the years. I gave up live performance a few years after moving to Dallas, and now spend my spare time writing, recording and troubleshooting my gear (not necessarily in that order of occurrence OR preference).

My current set-up is:

- Roland D70 (mostly just used as a controller)

- Roland JV880

- Korg05DR (replaced my M1)

- Alesis NanoPiano

- Roland R-8M drum module (2)

- Proteus 1/XR

- Baldwin baby grand in the living room

- Mackie 1604VLZ

- Yamaha monitors

- Alesis RA100 amp

- A butt-load of low- to mid-priced effects units

- Athlon 900mhz PC w/256Meg of RAM, Audiophile 24/96 soundcard running Sonar XL with the included DXi synths

- Roland VS1680 w/two effects cards

- Electra MPC guitar circa 1981 (which I love more than any Strat, Tele or Gibson I ever owned)

- Cheapo Ibanez 4 string bass

- Martin Indiana alto sax that a friend of mine found in his attic years ago and gave to me

- Bundy Tenor sax in the attic waiting to be given to someone else

- One tabla that my roommate brought back from a trip to India, which I have no idea how to play but makes great sounds

- Variety of percussion instruments, noise makers, toy instruments

- AT C3000 microphone

- Thousands of feet of MIDI and audio cables, but never the right length for what I need

- Birds who live in the fireplace near my workstation that seem to really dig singing when I am trying to record

I write in varied styles, depending on which lyricist I am working with at the time. My own stuff is sort of Ambient/Prog/Jazz with a smattering of unidentifiable percussive sounds thrown in.

Thanks for the thread, and the opportunity to meet so many interesting people. One of the best things that happened to me this year was finding these forums, and I look forward to visiting as often as possible.

------------------

What's on, your mind?

I'm not a "people" person, I'm a "thing" person.

Boink!

Some new 'faces' these days... we always like to hear a bit about you, your background, your gear (of course). Feel free to also share a tune at the Let's hear it! thread.

Korg Kronos X73 / ARP Odyssey / Motif ES Rack / Roland D-05 / JP-08 / SE-05 / Jupiter Xm / Novation Mininova / NL2X / Waldorf Pulse II

MBP-LOGIC

American Deluxe P-Bass, Yamaha RBX760

Great idea for a post. I'll try to keep this short and to the point (not likely) http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/wink.gif

Grew up in a Chicago suburb and started playing piano when I was about 6, though I got to sing at my older sisters' piano recital when I was only 4. Still remember the rush. Moved on to a teacher that could teach jazz and pop when I was 10 or 11, played my first bar when I was 15 and gigged around town through high school. Went to DePaul with a trip to Berklee (1 semester) in the middle.

After college, played "B" sessions in Chicago for about 6 years, as well as a lot of live work, playing everything from House to Heavy Metal ("Can you make it sound just like Kashmir?") to gospel sweetening to jingles. Was known for DX and Emulator II work initially, but ended up doing a lot of arranging on my Mac as time went on. Worked a couple major album projects (mispelled my name, they did) http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/frown.gif but mostly independent releases, demos, and some jingles. Co-owned a 24-track studio for a couple of years, where I really got some great experience. Unfortunately the timing wasn't right and I got burnt out chasing clients for money (as I said, it was "B" session work) though the musical side always got me goin'.

I ended up getting into the software business about 11 years ago, eventually moving to the Seattle area in the mid-90's. Currently, I'm writing and recording my own material (I'm working on setting up my music web site as we speak - I'll post some demos within a couple of weeks), but just suffered a setback as the drummer is moving back to NY. So... I'm looking to hook up with a drummer (who uses Sonar preferably). I also play in a local funk/soul/rock horn band with a bunch of great musicians from work (http://www.groovemob.com).

I love my growing family (http://www.connectexpress.com/~patazz ) and although I don't get as much time with my music as I'd like, my wife is VERY understanding and allows me to spend most of my non-work, non-family time at a keyboard (musical or computer).

Current Gear

------------

Yamaha C3 Piano 2000

QS-8 1997

CS1x 1999

TX416 1987

Roland D550 1986

Alesis D4 1991

Yamaha DX7 1984

Cakewalk/Sonar XL 1997

Alesis Studio 32 board 1998

Various Reverbs, compressors, etc.

Lots of plug-ins

Past Gear (and year purchased/sold)

-----------------------------------

Fender Rhodes Stage 73 1975/1985

Farfisa Combo Compact Organ 1976/1980

Farfisa Combo Duo Organ 1980/1984

Arp Odyssey 1977/1984

Crumar Orchestrator 1970/1984

Yamaha Electric Grand 1983/1985

Oberheim OB-8 1985/1985 (lemon, returned to factory)

Yamaha TX-7 1985/1987

Emu Emulator II 1986/1988

Ensoniq ESQ-1 1986/1991

Casio FZ-1 1988/1994

Roland R8 1989/1994

Roland U220 1989/1997

Emu Proteus 1992/1994

Emu Proteus FX 1994/1997

Opcode products (Vision, etc.) 1986/1997

Current Wish List

-----------------

B3

B3 Wanna be (keep my back, thank you)

Great piano mics

Excellent! More folks checking in! I love this thread...

Thanks to Brian, Paul and Pat for standing up and saying hey to the group - we're glad to have you aboard!

To quote Mr. Townshend - We're Not Gonna Ta...ooops, I mean Who's Next?

Sorry... http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/rolleyes.gif

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Originally posted by PatAzz:

my wife is VERY understanding and allows me to spend most of my non-work, non-family time at a keyboard (musical or computer).

Insert here, "because it keeps me out from underneath her feet". hehe http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/wink.gif Sorry PatAzz, I watched The Man Show last night!

Steve

www.seagullphotodesign.com

Hi, my first time in this forum!!!

My name is Dave Shayman, p/k/a Disco D. I'm not a keyboard PLAYER per sec, but I definetly love to program and sequence some synths. I'm lucky enough to be able to make enough money touring as a DJ (mainly rave and club events) and producing and remixing to do music full time. I used to be signed to Mixconnection Multimedia (a Warner affliliate owned by Bad Boy Bill in Chicago) but I left in Winter of '99 to start my own imprint GTI Recordings. It has been a huge struggle but we finally landed a sizeable P&D deal that will get us into all the big chains nationwide with CDs (our vinyl has been pretty successful already) and our first national CD project will be released October 23. I have also been lucky to do some more high profile remixes lately, most recently for rappers 8Ball and MJG (on Universal), for Lords of Acid (Never Records) and for a German pop group on Sony that I don't want to mention (YES I DID IT FOR THE MONEY, shoot me http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/smile.gif). I'm currently working on one for a rap duo named Lord Tariq and Peter Gunz (on Columbia) as well as some original beats for some new rappers just signed to Universal.

What else about me? Hmm, I'm about to turn 21, I'm finishing up my last year at U of Michigan's undergraduate business program, and in my nonexistant free time I like to snowboard.

Gear list:

Akai MPC 2000 (I do all my sequencing on this)

Access Virus

Korg Triton rack

Novation Bassstation rack

EMU Orbit

Yamaha Cs1X (the strings on this are suprizingly decent)

Roland Juno 106

Nord Micromodular (I don't have patience for this thing really)

Yamaha 01v w/ADAT card

Mac G4/500 w/ Digi 001 and alot of plugins

oh yea and some turntables and DJ mixers and stuff like that http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

If you want to check out some more stuff on me or my label, you can check out http://www.discod.com or http://www.gtirecordings.com (takes you to the same place)... you need flash for the site tho.

Dave and all,

My name is Dennis Brown, and after roughly 17 (indirect) requests by you I'm also finally ready to come out of the closet and say "Hi" to you and everyone else here on this interesting forum. (BTW, Dave, allow me to say that I think you do a great job handling the forum.)

I'm 51, but read at a 53 level, and I play acoustic piano and a Kurzweil PC2X. I'm an amateur jazz pianist, but occasionally do gigs. When I was a teenager I went from accordion to Farfisa Combo-Compact to Hammond C3 to Rhodes 73 suitcase. I like jazz mostly, including the all-time greats -- Bill, Oscar, Art, Herbie, Chick, etc. -- as well as many of the somewhat lesser knowns -- Dick (Hyman), Clare (Fischer), Monty (Alexander), etc. As for rock/pop, I can summarize my tastes as follows -- in the 60's I liked Blood, Sweat and Tears; in the 70's the Crusaders; the 80's, Steely Dan; the 90's, well, Steely Dan again. I also have a thing for Brazilian music -- absolutely love it -- I don't know where that came from, because I never heard much of it growing up.

I'm married with almost-grown children (3 in college right now), and my wife and I run a small software business. I'm the proud owner of a new 16 by 24, fairly well isolated and acoustically treated music room (which is part of a recent addition to our home). In my new room I have my grand piano, the Kurzweil, and a PC running Cakewalk Pro Audio 9 with an Aark interface. And speaking of wrestling with monsters (the subject of another thread), I use GigaStudio, which has to be the most cantankerous piece of software I've ever used!

Thanks for coaxing all of us shy guys (and gals) out of our shells and into your forum. I, too, will try to contribute something useful, if at all possible.

Dennis Brown

Cool...

Dave, Dennis and Mr. Brewster - thank you all for taking the time and effort to introduce yourselves! I especially love it when some of the folks who lurk step up to the mic, because I think that it's important for us to remember that there are a contingency of people who we don't really see...maybe a bigger one than we realize...

I'm very grateful for your presence and glad that you take the time to hang out here, regardless of whether or not you decide that you want to post.

Please do feel free to jump in if and when you feel so inclined...

Who else we got??

dB

Hello, everyone!

I'm John, and I've been lurking. Actually, I've been pondering the consequences of introducing myself. I work for Mars Music, as a Merchandise Manager for the Keyboard, Recording, and DJ departments online. I started with Mars 4 years ago as a Keyboard Department Manager in Houston.

I started playing piano when I was 4 years old and eventually took 5 years of lessons. In the 80's, I got bit by the synth bug and when I graduated High School in 1984, I got a used Roland Juno 6.

Music for me has always been a hobby. But I remain obsessed with synths and music technology. I visit this forum often to remain enlightened. As I've mentioned before, I'm mostly into electronic music.

I'm married and have two sons, one 4 1/2, the other only 16 months old. That may explain why I'm not in the posession of a massive gear arsenal. In fact, I only own a Moog Prodigy and a Roland SH-101 right now, though I'm looking into setting up a modest rig utilizing a JP-8000 a PC, Logic Audio, and several soft-synths.

Mr. Bryce, I actually met you a few years ago in Houston, at Alesis University. You've got a great forum going here - I tip my hat to everyone here, and look forward to continued inspiration from all of you.

Uh ... I'm 33, and it's debatable as to whether or not I'm a "real" keyboard player (I've done a great job of forgetting the classical technique I spent years learning as a youngster ... in the long run, I was probably more influenced by the fact that my piano teacher was also an INCREDIBLE Thereminist who had an original RCA model next to the piano that she let me play [extremely badly!] a couple times when I excelled at my lessons). One of the highlights of my life was seeing Leon Theremin appear in public in the USA for the first time since he'd been spirited back to the USSR by the KGB (NKVD? whatever they were called then). Indeed, my main interest is in analog synths and old keyboards (combo organs, EPs, Clavs). These days, I do most of my keyboard work on an Alesis Andromeda, and extensively used modern analog modular synths by Wiard, MOTM/Synthesis Technology and Blacet Research. No computer/MIDI synths for me, thanks.

I mostly play stuff in "underground rock" genres (especially punk & psychedelic), and have been on a bunch of indie albums that you've never heard of (trust me!). But I also like jazz (especially 60s/70s free jazz and Miles' 70s electric work), folkish stuff (John Fahey to Fairport Convention), electronic compositions (Subotnick!), honky-tonk/outlaw country (Hank sr., Johnny, Merle, etc.), Afrobeat (Fela), Dub (Perry, Tubby), classic funk/soul, and good ol'-fashioned classic rock/pop (Beach Boys, Monkees) & metal (Sabbath, Purple, BOC, Motorhead). Unlike most analog synth freaks, I don't like most techno, prog, newage or synthpop (although there are exceptions to all categories).

I also play bass & violin, and bits of drums & guitar, but that's for another forum ...

OK. After almost 100 posts, I think its time for me to quit avoiding this thread and actually be sociable.

I gotta say this board is a daily stop for me now. With as rare as it is to find other keyboard players, it is so refreshing to be able to have such a treasure trove of talent, experience and knowledge to draw from here. Not to mention, you all seem so damned cool, even for geeky keyboard players. http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/cool.gif

Real name is Gregg Anderson. Born in 1967 in Minneapolis, grew up in a suburb called Burnsville. Moved an hour south to Mankato, MN in 1995 to transfer colleges in my mid-20's, (computer science) Here I hooked up with an established local band bleeding with talent, and this is where I finally got a real job as a systems admin, and bought a house to plant my roots.

I studied classical piano and theory at The MacPhail Centre for the Arts in Minneapolis from the age of 7 until I was 16 or so. I also took private lessons in college.

I got interested in synths back in the late 70's as a kid when the radio started playing the first synth songs, such as ELP and Edgar Winter. I was also fascinated by Boston, but didn't know at the time that it was a hammond making those wonderful keyboard sounds.

I bought my first synth, a Yamaha CS-40M analog when I was about 16. It was the first real thing I bought with my own money. I learned a TON about synthesis playing with this CS-40 with no manual, and played a few party gigs with friends that same year.

By the time I was 19, I had assembled a nice arsenal, including:

- Rhodes 73 stage

- Korg Poly800II

- Roland SH-101

- Korg Poly61M

- Ensoniq Mirage

- Yamaha CS-40M

- Yamaha FB01 module

- Korg SQD-1 hardware sequencer

- Yamaha 16 channel board

- Eden PA cabinets (2x18", horn, tweeter)

At this time, I rarely played with bands. I spent all my energy sequencing these synths into my SQD-1 sequencer, including sequencing full classical orchestral scores. About this time I also got heavily into Yes, Asia, Toto, and Styx.

I sold off EVERYTHING when I decided to get out of debt and go to college at 22. It was hard to do, but I was soooo far in debt that I had to do it.

after almost 10 years off, I mentioned to a buddy at work who was in a band that I used to play keys. He invited me to join right then and there.

I've now been playing again almost 3 years with this band, and am working hard to learn my chops and a whole new style of music. Going from classical to a 10-year hiatus to playing by ear in a rock band was quite a big leap.

The band plays every weekend except for those we choose to take off. (which is a lot this summer) We are in the lucky position of not having to have made a phone call to book a gig in over two years... we turn down as many gigs as we take some months.

We are the normal mostly-covers bar band, but have had a good following, and make sure our shows are a lot of fun. We have released one studio-recorded CD, but the recording quality sucks. In the last 3 years, we have also opened up for Styx, Kansas, Creedence, and Starship. We had to turn down regional touring offers because some of us have real jobs and mortgages.

Last year, the band built our own rehearsal/recording studio on the guitar players' property. We are starting to outfit it to do our next CD almost completely ourselves. We have started with a Pro ToolsLE / digi001 setup, and will grow from there.

My current gear:

- Kurzweil K2500XS

- Hammond XK-2 (almost getting traded in for a Korg CX3)

- (2) Korg G4 Leslie Simulators

- Yamaha W5v2

- Alesis QS8.1

- Yamaha PSR-510 (for home computer stuff)

- Behringer 12-channel mixer

- Crown 250w power amp

- EV Sx100 series monitor

- custom-built 4-channel Rapco rack-mount DI box

My Next planned purchase is an Andromeda this year.

After that, a rack-mount Kurzwweil K2600 early next year.

I may also throw in a Roland Ax-2 strap-on for doing some cheesy 80's covers. http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/smile.gif

...now I just gotta learn how to PLAY these contraptions.

This is getting too long, so I will go away now.

Thanks for reading.

-Gregg

This message has been edited by b3fiend on 08-25-2001 at 01:31 AM

Now we're really cookin'!!!

John, Doug and Gregg - thanks for checking in. Nice to see you guys!

Hey John - I appreciate the respect, but you don't have to call me Mr. Bryce...since you've met me, I'm sure that you understand - I'm hardly what one would call an authority figure... http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/rolleyes.gifhttp://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

Who else is out there? Don't be shy - only steadyb bites, and we tend to keep him pretty well fed... http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/wink.gif

dB

Hi everybody,

I recently posted this message in the "Let's hear it" thread but I think it might be more appropriate here:

I recently found this forum and I must have spent at least 4 hours reading through the many topics.. definitely the best keyboard forum I've ever seen! Nice to see Mr. Bryce heading it up too (Dave, I sent Alesis a midi file of my first QS7 composition about 4 years ago and that's when I first saw your name when you replied! The song I sent is now titled "Wish upon a Star"). I thoroughly enjoyed reading the "how did your parents react when they found out you were interested in music" thread... I'm 23 and still living with my folks, and they are pretty much the least useful source of feedback (I think the most they've said is "oh, that's nice!"). It's hard to find other people who can comment on your music from a musician's perspective, unless of course you know a lot of musicians (I do not).

Anyhow, I write in the "new age" genre mostly on midi gear (a QS7 and a Proteus 2000). I've also recently started recording djembe and various african hand percussion. I've got a couple of inexpensive large diaphragm mics, a mackie 1202 mixer, delta66 sound card, cakewalk sonar, and a pair of mackie hr824s (I think these babies will last me for ever!) I've been playing piano on and off throughout my life but started composing music about 8 years ago with computer-based tracker software (669 Composer and Screamtracker), then moving into midi about 5 years ago.

Tom

Oh yeah and I'm from Toronto.

My music can be found at:

http://www.mp3.com/tomklepl

Feedback much appreciated on anything from song structure to production..

Hi Guys, My name is Casey McClinton Jr, aka kcbass, 44 years old, married. The nest is EMPTY. I live in the Pacific Northwest, USA, in Des Moines Wa., near Seattle. I just simply love the B3 organ and anything that sounds like a 'B'. Ive been trying to learn to play for too long and Im still no good. But Ill never give it up. (I also know some gamblers that never win).

My current setup:

Hammond XK2

Crate KX-160 ( XK and KX, hmmm, just noticed that)

My wish list:

Pro3T

Expression pedal

Alesis SR-16

Korg Trinity

Midi Pedal board

And I love Jesus!!!!!!!He`s my King.

"Let It Be!"

Dear All,

My name is Bill, I'm from Indonesia, Jakarta.

It's so nice to join this amazing forum...

Current Gears are:

Keyboards:

Korg Trinity Pro with nearly all options, such:

Korg Prophecy Solo Synth Card, PBS and HDR.

Korg Wavestation EX

Korg Wavestation

Korg iX300

Modules:

Korg WavestationSR

Korg Wavedrum

30 Voices Waldorf MicrowaveXT

Novation Drum Station

Roland Super JX MKS-70 with PG800

Roland JV1080 (Fully Ekspanded with Session, B & D,

World, Special FX, M-512E, Orch FX)

E-mu Morpheus

Alesis S4 Plus

Yamaha QY70

FX Boards:

Yamaha REV500

Lexicon MPX-100

Alesis Microverb4

Zoom RFX 2000

Mixers:

Mackies

Monitor:

Spirit Absolute 2

Controller:

Peavey PC1600X

Charlie Labs Digitar

A PC with lots of Soundfonts from E-mu.

That's all for now and see you...

Regards,

Bill

Dear All,

My name is Bill, I'm from Indonesia, Jakarta.

It's so nice to join this amazing forum...

Current Gears are:

Keyboards:

Korg Trinity Pro with nearly all options, such:

Korg Prophecy Solo Synth Card, PBS and HDR.

Korg Wavestation EX

Korg Wavestation

Korg iX300

Modules:

Korg WavestationSR

Korg Wavedrum

30 Voices Waldorf MicrowaveXT

Novation Drum Station

Roland Super JX MKS-70 with PG800

Roland JV1080 (Fully Ekspanded with Session, B & D,

World, Special FX, M-512E, Orch FX)

E-mu Morpheus

Alesis S4 Plus

Yamaha QY70

FX Boards:

Yamaha REV500

Lexicon MPX-100

Alesis Microverb4

Zoom RFX 2000

Mixers:

Mackies

Monitor:

Spirit Absolute 2

Controller:

Peavey PC1600X

Charlie Labs Digitar

A PC with lots of Soundfonts from E-mu.

That's all for now and see you...

Regards,

Bill

My name is Robert, 33 years old, living in Sweden. I have been working as a full time producer and keyboardist for about 10 years now. I must say that this is a great forum and I can already feel that I'll develop my musical and technical knowledge even further....

Synths:

Yamaha SY85

Nordlead 1

Nordlead 2

Nordlead 3

Korg Triton

Roland JP-8000

Roland JV-80

Roland Juno-106

Roland Jupiter-6

Roland SH-101 (Blue http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/smile.gif)

Multimoog

Korg PS3200

Yamaha CS70m

Sequential Pro-One

Modules:

Akai S6000

Roland VP-9000

Roland XV-5080

Roland JV-1080

Roland MKS-50

Roland SVC-350 (vocoder)

Yamaha FS1R

Yamaha TX81Z

Novation Supernova

ATC-1

E-MU Morpheus

Waldorf Microwave

For recording I use my ProTools TDM.....

Nice to be here!

-Robert

[ 02-19-2002: Message edited by: Robert U ]

Originally posted by felix:

Thanks, Dave -

The Mr. Bryce thing doesn't translate so well in writing, but if I said it out loud, it's more of a fun "Mr. Bryce" thing...

I'm hip - no problem, Mr. Grabowski... http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/biggrin.gifhttp://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/wink.gifhttp://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

dB

HELLO MY NAME IS

Logan

I also feel really young reading these introductions; I'm 18. (G) I work full time as a network geek at a lumber mill. Of course, free time goes to music. http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/biggrin.gif I'm really scattered in that regard; I'm primarily a boogie/blues pianist but I'm also constantly noodling around on guitar, djembe, harmonica, this Yamaha WX5 (I'll get a real sax someday), and most recently I've been addicted to playing this tin whistle I bought for five bucks at the museum. At this rate I give myself six months before my head explodes, so I'll probably put down several in the near future.

Right now I play the keyboards for a local punk band. Actually I'm looking for opportunities to write music for video/computer games - might not exactly be reaching for the stars, but I think it's the area my style of music is best suited for.

Anyway, pleeztameetcha.

Hi, everyone, thought I'd stop in to say......... Hi. http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/smile.gif

My name is George Santorilla, have a wife, two sons in college($$$$.....going.........going .......gone!!!), and a cat. I started playing keys 15 years ago, in an attempt to get my first son to take lessions at the age of 6. Well he did take lessons, sounded good and he didn't touch the keys since. http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/frown.gif

I am a drummer by trade, had a pair of sticks in my hand when I was 7 years old in Pittsburgh, Pa. I stopped playing in bands that I started at the age of 21 when I needed to get a life in engineering (so I thought), building industrial plants for General Motors.

Years ago:

I had 10 piece R&B bands with singers doing splits on stage at colleges, to 4 piece Jazz bands working in night clubs.

Back to the future:

I now own a studio called( Off Duty Studios, Inc.)in Bloomfield, MI. Have two keyboards, a Yamaha Clavinova CPV7 semi-weighted keys(with midi connections on it, of course), and a QS6, cards and synths. I want to get a KARMA (my way of thinking), a Kirtzwell, and a Korg. http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

I play by ear and can't read music. I have a whole studio full of gear to which I play on, for my clients and myself. Some of the gear that I have is a 7 piece white Pearl Export Series set of miked drums, percussion gizmos, 4-string bass, 6-string Black Beauty guitar, an array of peddels, out board gear, synths, keys, drum machines(which I program), Mackie 32/8 mixing board, Tascam DA88's, Tascam DAT recorder, Tascam dual 302 casette recorder, HHB CD burner, mikes, JLB monitors, etc,etc,etc.

(My wife dosn't understand the humor in this at all)

I record demos for clients, and do all of the graphics and art work for cassettes and CD's, posters, etc. I play and produce Cool Jazz, Acid Jazz, R&B, Easy Listening, and I'm currently working on a Jazz Gospel project with a client, really cool stuff. I'm also working on my first Jazz album of my work, and it seems like it's never finished you know. I have produced some radio spots. I have at least 1,000 songs of my own work, on cassette and on DAT that I need to get to the publics ears, ASAP!!!!!! (I could use some help here)

Wrap-up:

It's nice to be on a forum like this, with all of you heavy hitters out there. I hope I can provide some advice, and help in any way that I can.

My handle is .......offdutystudios@aol.com

Thanks for letting me in on the game, it's my pleasure. http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/cool.gif

(as he bows out)

Jazzman