Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Introductions?

Aaarrrgggg!!! I absolutely hate the software used for this forum. I just spent 20 minutes answering your post and then it said I had too many images and completely and irretrievably disposed of all my hard work!!! :(

So, while I had given you detailed answers to your questions, now I'm tired of typing and frustrated so I'll give you a summary.

I have multiples of certain boards because I want to have a back up in case one dies 20 years from now. I was able to get really good deals on anything I have a back up of and so was content to duplicate when stealing them from willing sellers at very low prices. MiniMoogs have different sounds because of changes in construction/components during their history. Prophets do as well IMHO. I wanted a keyboard and rack VL1M for various reasons, including polyphony. I want to be Rick Wakeman and play twin MiniMoogs. :)

Yes, I play, don't just collect and I use them all, really!! I don't have kids, so I have lots of time, plus I'm self employed and can complete my work when I like, and I never sleep - well okay 4 - 5 hours a night, but that frees up lots of time to play and learn. Most synths have many things in common so it doesn't take but a few days to get through a manual and try out most of the features I want to use. If you are reading Harmony Central, you'll see that I frequently post detailed step-by-step help for people having problems with any of the gear that I own too, so I'm sure you'll see that I have a pretty good knowledge of all my gear if you read there much.

I used to have it all set up and connected, but it was a pain and too much of a demand on the troubled CA power grid, so now I have several mini stations to work from with a few synths at each one. I'm reworking my studio now to have about 12 keyboards connected full time, with all of the modules on line whenever I want them. The remaining keys will be available to hook up to a rotation station where I can just plug two boards in on a vacant stand whenever I want to.

I've actually been a member here for a while, just haven't posted much. :)

Roland

Thanks for your reply, Roland!

Originally posted by R:

Aaarrrgggg!!! I absolutely hate the software used for this forum. I just spent 20 minutes answering your post and then it said I had too many images and completely and irretrievably disposed of all my hard work!!! :(

So, while I had given you detailed answers to your questions, now I'm tired of typing and frustrated so I'll give you a summary.

Yeah, it's dreadful! It happens periodically. I've lost a couple of very long and detailed posts, and Dave inadvertently erased maybe my best post ever... (still feeling guilty, Dave? :D )

It's a drag... I would have loved to read it all; but I appreciate your response anyway.

I have multiples of certain boards because I want to have a back up in case one dies 20 years from now. I was able to get really good deals on anything I have a back up of and so was content to duplicate when stealing them from willing sellers at very low prices. MiniMoogs have different sounds because of changes in construction/components during their history. Prophets do as well IMHO. I wanted a keyboard and rack VL1M for various reasons, including polyphony. I want to be Rick Wakeman and play twin MiniMoogs. :)

Fair enough... Maybe you have some pictures of your studio, just to make us all drool a little bit more? :)

Yes, I play, don't just collect and I use them all, really!! I don't have kids, so I have lots of time, plus I'm self employed and can complete my work when I like, and I never sleep - well okay 4 - 5 hours a night, but that frees up lots of time to play and learn. Most synths have many things in common so it doesn't take but a few days to get through a manual and try out most of the features I want to use. If you are reading Harmony Central, you'll see that I frequently post detailed step-by-step help for people having problems with any of the gear that I own too, so I'm sure you'll see that I have a pretty good knowledge of all my gear if you read there much.

Absolutely... I've read the HC forum for a short time, but you're very present and helpful.

I used to have it all set up and connected, but it was a pain and too much of a demand on the troubled CA power grid, so now I have several mini stations to work from with a few synths at each one. I'm reworking my studio now to have about 12 keyboards connected full time, with all of the modules on line whenever I want them. The remaining keys will be available to hook up to a rotation station where I can just plug two boards in on a vacant stand whenever I want to.

Pictures, pictures!

I've actually been a member here for a while, just haven't posted much. :)

Again you're right. I just hadn't realized you were... you. (Mmm, my English is wonderful tonight, isn't it...)

[/QB]

Originally posted by marino:

Oh, and a little advice about the forum software: Every time you write a long post, *copy* it somewhere before hitting the "Send" button... you never know. :rolleyes:

Yes, I learned that one the hard way. I started with that post! :) I will post pictures when the revised studio is done.

• 4 weeks later...

Is this mic on? Testing...1...2...

I've decided to start the new year with a different login id. I've been concerned that newbies and lurkers may feel intimidated by members with high post counts. Unfortunately, UBB displays your post count like a big, ugly wart on EVERY post. - What useful purpose does it serve? - So, in an attempt to keep the boards as egalitarian as possible, I'm scrapping my high post count alter ego for a brand new id.

For reference, my old member number was 5860.

Happy New Year to all!

Newbie Dan

The Black Knight always triumphs!

Okay, I'm not a newbie. I stole this idea from Dan. Everything you could possibly want to know about me (and then some :D ) is on page 4 of this thread. I guess you can call me "the member formerly known as SWBuck1074@aol.com". ;) That's still my email address, BTW.

Besides being a little less awkward, it will also be the name of my website when I get it going. And I will get it going this year! That's one of my resolutions for 2002. I can't fail now that I've brought it up here! :)

Peace all,

Steve

><>

Steve

Originally posted by Dan South:

I've decided to start the new year with a different login id. I've been concerned that newbies and lurkers may feel intimidated by members with high post counts. Unfortunately, UBB displays your post count like a big, ugly wart on EVERY post. - What useful purpose does it serve? - So, in an attempt to keep the boards as egalitarian as possible, I'm scrapping my high post count alter ego for a brand new id.

Yeah Right.

You just want to make sure people don't realize you don't have a life and all you do is hang out here ;):D

Nice plan.

Actually, I've been thinking of changing my handle (again), since I'm not longer living in California. I'm keeping my post count though, thank you :)

Korg Kronos X73 / ARP Odyssey / Motif ES Rack / Roland D-05 / JP-08 / SE-05 / Jupiter Xm / Novation Mininova / NL2X / Waldorf Pulse II

MBP-LOGIC

American Deluxe P-Bass, Yamaha RBX760

Geez, I guess I am late to do an introduction since I got on here and started posting like a madman. I suppose it's not too late...

I'm Dave and I am a keyboardist, songwriter (producer, programmer...bla bla you know all that sort of talk). I'm 33 years old and live in Florida now but was in L.A. from 1989-1999. I own a sound development company called Sonic Reality. We make sample libraries that are distributed by ILIO Entertainments. We also make a bunch of new VST sound module plug-ins with IK Multimedia's SampleTank engine.

I've played on and programmed on various albums over the years. I'm not going to name drop till you want to puke but you can read some of that stuff if you're interested here: www.sonicreality.com/aboutus.html

I have had a diverse range of experience in the music business (from alternative to world music to prog rock to tv scoring to R&B to adult contemporary). Lot's of potentially interesting stories in the studio or on tour, but I can see that I am not the only one here with that!

I've performed in some high profile gigs but my favorites have been the ones that were the most musically satisfying. My favorite all-time performance was actually doing a little one-off tribute to Genesis 20 years since the "Lamb Lies Down On Broadway". It was in a band called Giraffe headed by the late Kevin Gilbert. I played the keyboards (ok for fun the rig was: Arp ProSoloist, Hammond C3, Novatron, CP70, RMI EP and MXR pedals). The drummer for this show actually ended up replacing Phil Collins on drums in Genesis for a few minutes as well as playing with Peter Gabriel and Tears for Fears. Anyway, we played about an hour of authentic 70's prog rock (the Lamb) at a thing called "ProgFest 94" (the only appropriate place in L.A. to EVER do this!!!). It was so much fun - I am really glad I did it. It was a challenge to be able to pull it off too because we only had a few weeks to learn it since it was a last minute decision to do it (we were in the middle of promoting Kevin's solo record... he was in the band Toy Matinee and co-wrote a lot of the tunes on Sheryl Crow's first record).

Oh, the funny (slightly name-dropping...sorry) thing about this gig is that just a year before I was flying in samples from a keyboard live with Barbra Streisand in Vegas. After the Progfest show in '94 I actually did a little interview with someone from Keyboard magazine (the same mag this forum is related to) and told him briefly about the Streisand gig. He wrote it down that I was her keyboardist (which actually wasn't true- just flying in samples on it) but the "blurb" in Keyboard's article was "Barbra Streisand's keyboard player enjoys playing the Lamb Lies Down On Broadway on the side!" I thought that if anyone read that they would be puzzled beyond belief. What the ....?

Ok, but back to my introduction... as you probably know by now I am of the "mammoth post" variety. I am glad to see I am not the only one though ;) I have a lot of experience with gear (both vintage and new) and with programming and sampling (my main gig now). I chime in when I can be helpful. I guess you can label me "manufacturer" but I think that I am objective in my opinions and I consider myself more of a friendly musician who enjoys a good discussion.

I noticed you guys salivating over R's gear set up. I was tempted to list the equipment of my old studio in L.A. because it was like a gear museum! I am not kidding. Lots of rare instruments and delish studio equipment. But, I've gotten rid of most of that now so I guess it's not as relevant. Now I have a lot of samplers and a few vintage synths still. For keyboards I use a Yamaha Motif 8, Alesis QS8, Yamaha EX5 and a Korg Triton Pro. (plus some vintage keyboards). I can talk about gear for DAYS unfortunately. I was way too into this stuff at one point! It can be a sickness. And, by the way, I don't think most people need all of this equipment really. For one thing, it can get in the way of your creative flow! I get a lot more use out of the lighter set up I have now (plus moving is a lot easier!).

I've seen a few guys I know already on this forum. For those of you that don't know me- hi there. I tend to talk about stuff I know the most which is samples and synths. I am also here to answer questions about this kind of thing in general or even specific questions about products or music I've worked on if you are interested.

You can always email me too: dave@sonicreality.com

Originally posted by DaKerz:

Geez, I guess I am late to do an introduction since I got on here and started posting like a madman. I suppose it's not too late...

... My favorite all-time performance was actually doing a little one-off tribute to Genesis 20 years since the "Lamb Lies Down On Broadway". It was in a band called Giraffe headed by the late Kevin Gilbert. I played the keyboards (ok for fun the rig was: Arp ProSoloist, Hammond C3, Novatron, CP70, RMI EP and MXR pedals). The drummer for this show actually ended up replacing Phil Collins on drums in Genesis for a few minutes as well as playing with Peter Gabriel and Tears for Fears...

Hi Dave,

Is his name Nick D'Virgilio? If so, (and if you meet him again), please say "hello" from me. No, he doesn't know me. But I know him because I'm a big Spock's Beard fan! :D

Anyway, (imitating Dave Bryce's voice) "welcome to the board, pal!" :cool:

Vladislav

I am back.

Originally posted by Gulliver:

Hi Dave,

Is his name Nick D'Virgilio?

Yeah, it was Nick. I have a tape of the Giraffe performance of the Lamb. They did an awesome job...

Hey Vlad, how do you know what my voice sounds like? ;) I'm a professional voice artist - my voice can sound like lots of different things... :D

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Originally posted by Gulliver:

Hi Dave,

Is his name Nick D'Virgilio? If so, (and if you meet him again), please say "hello" from me. No, he doesn't know me. But I know him because I'm a big Spock's Beard fan! :D

Anyway, (imitating Dave Bryce's voice) "welcome to the board, pal!" :cool:

Vladislav

Yes, Nick is the guy. What a drummer! I was actually asked to play with them once. I turned it down for some reason. I forget why. I actually think they are really good. I think after doing the Lamb show and playing with other bands at the time (I was in my girlfriend's band the Weeping Buddahs and Kevin Gilbert's band, Thud. I also turned down playing in the Eels at the time) that I was overloaded. When it rains it pours. Now I only have my own cover band that I play with. I basically got a bunch of guys together to do authentic classic rock and funk tunes for our own enjoyment, a little side money and some good musical challenges. It's no pressure, no one is trying to get a record deal and the audience loves it which makes you feel good on that very important level. Fame is bullshit really (keyboardists never get famous anyway) and I've seen a lot of "successful" musicians be miserable. That's what I've learned from living in L.A. for 10 years. Do it because you love it and if you start to not love it then something is wrong...do something else to bring in the money so you can go back to doing music because you love it. Otherwise you can lose something special and great. The ones that are fortunate to be able to work on music for a living and love it are very lucky. There are lots of compromises one has to face though. Some can deal with that better than others I suppose.

Anyway, some philosophical ramblin' from da kerz.

Thanks for the welcome! Anyone even know what the Lamb Lies Down on Broadway is?

You can always email me too: dave@sonicreality.com

That's nice, Dave, but I think some of us would be more comfortable emailing you at dave@sonicULTIMATEreality.com

...inside joke... ;)

Anyone even know what the Lamb Lies Down on Broadway is?

Welcome Dave!

I saw the "The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway" performed live in concert by Genesis in Phoenix, Arizona in 1974! I was one of 1,100 people at the concert. Any other questions? ;)

Best,

Geoff

P.S. I have a reel-to-reel tape of "The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway" as it aired on Phoenix local radio KDKB's "album hour" the week of its release. I have a copy of "The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway" on LP and on CD as well as MP3. I guess you might call me a fan...

[ 01-07-2002: Message edited by: soapbox ]

Enthusiasm powers the world.

Craig Anderton's Archiving Article

• 4 weeks later...

Whoops, so at least I'm not the only one who forgor about the introduction thread. I also started posting like hell. :)

My name is Bob (superBOBus became a nickname after a hilarious drinking party in the beautiful city of Maastricht, Holland) and I live in The Hague, Holland. Probably most of you guys know the name of The Hague because of the annual North Sea Jazz Festival, a fantastic three-day party where the Dutch (and some Belgians, Germans, French and probably more) can see some great jazz and world/latin/fusion/funk/r&b/rap/rock(!)/boogaloo musicians/bands from all over the world. It's also the city of the Dutch government and it's close to the Dutch capital, Amsterdam, where NOT ALL ladies are sitting behind windows, as some guy in Boston (I was there in '93) was thinking. :D:D:D So far a little bit of Holland.

I don't owe, as some of you guys, owe a lot of synths and I definitely don't have four(!) Tritons... First of all, I don't have the money for that. Second, I love small setups.

My setup:

- a 1980 Rhodes 54 connected to a Line6 POD and Crybaby bass wah,

- a Yamaha CS6x silver synth beast.

I use the complete setup mostly in an 18 piece(!) pop band, playing at big parties. The Rhodes I like to use also for jazz gigs. In my opinion there's NOTHING like a Rhodes piano, ehhh, almost nothing.

:cool:

My steady gig is at the show Saturday Night Fever, three, four times a week so there's plenty space for other gigs.

OK, gotta hit the hay. Mac is gonna sleep too. See ya guys and girls later on the www!

http://www.bobwijnen.nl

Hipness is not a state of mind, it's a fact of life.

Hi All,

It looks like I missed this thread also! :)

Well, my story isn't as interesting as many of yours, but I'll try to keep ya'll interested none the least. :)

I'm a 33 year old corporate attorney who once had a strong passion for music, but some years ago (between classes and paying off student loans) I forgot to keep it up. I began music in the third grade playing the clarinet and made a natural progression into synths in the mid/late 80's when I purchased my first synth, a Yamaha DX27S. The sales guy tried to talk me into a Korg 707 at the time but I'd have none of it. :) When I left for college, I didn't have room in the dorms for the keyboard, so into storage it went...along with my dreams of becoming a world class musician. For many years I thought about getting back into my music, but time and money...and various evil girlfriends...made that difficult.

Then something hit...in late 2001 I decided to get back into writing music...mostly for therapy since the day job can suck! :) I've managed to collect a few synths and various effects units. Among them are the following:

Alesis QS6.1 (The recommendations here sealed the deal!)

Roland RS-9 (I wanted some JV/XV sounds and an 88 key synth action board.)

Roland D-50 (I'll never forget the day I first heard this one at Guitar Showcase in San Jose, CA. I was sold immediately...only the pocketbook said no!)

Korg M1 (Maybe not the best synth still, but I've always wanted one and am glad I picked it up.)

GEM S2R (A great underrated module in my opinion...it'll be here Friday!)

Yamaha TX81Z (Got it to replace the DX27S in the rig)

Yamaha DX27S (A novelty that isn't used at all, but I love it just the same.)

Kawai K3M (It has a unique sound IMHO...a true hybrid analog/digital)

Red Sound Darkstar (It was cheap and does what I want it to do...wait, why am I making excuses for it...I love the thing!)

Alesis SR-16 (Speaks for itself...now I want a DM5!)

On the effects front I have a MidiverbIV on the way and some Behringer stuff. I'm really interested in the softsynths (currently have the ES1 and some of the free stuff floating around the web) and am really excited about the PPG (to help me get those 1984 era Ultravox sounds).

I'm also gonna try my hand at guitar for the first time with a Accoustic/Electric Ibanez on the way. I'll keep ya'll posted on the progress of that one. :)

Anyway, it's wonderful to be here. I wish someone would have warned me how addictive this can be!

(we were in the middle of promoting Kevin's solo record... he was in the band Toy Matinee and co-wrote a lot of the tunes on Sheryl Crow's first record).

Actually, the Toy Matinee "album" is one of my favorite CD's. There was a LOT of cool stuff on that record, and some pretty memorable concepts for tunes too (Last Plane Out, Queen of Misery, etc.). Too bad the public (and most of the musicians missed out on it)... I got turned on by a mutual friend of the "other" ;) guy in the band.

Jeez... I'll have to pull that one back out again. Thanks for jogging my memory, and welcome aboard.

Originally posted by PatAzz:

There was a LOT of cool stuff on that record, and some pretty memorable concepts for tunes too (Last Plane Out, Queen of Misery, etc.).

I love those two tunes. Ballad of Jenny Ledge is pretty great as well.

You should check out the DTS 5.1 remix. It's terrifying...

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Music and I:

Hi everyone, I am new in keyboard. With Dano's help, I just bought the Yamaha EZ30 yesterday (Jan 31). I love this keyboard because it looks great and it can also teach me how to play it and also it has some good songs. I don't have any music backgroud. Have two piano lessons when I was 5 years old, then give up because I had a really bad teacher. Right now I am learning it. Learn it from the web (pianonanny.com, thx vi_an), and from my keyboard.

here is something more about myself:

I am 20 years old. Living in Canada for 8 years already. I was born in Hong Kong and lived there for about 12 years. I am living in Vancouver right now (actually, a small city which is near Vancouver called Richmond).

Here are my info, nice to meet you all. Hope I can learn faster and able to share something with you guys. Wish you all well.

start to learn piano

Feb 2002

Bought a keyboard

EZ 30 on Feb 2002

Wonderful be apart of this thread and this forum. Thanks 'soapbox' for directing me here!

Hello hello all,

I am Vi An (vee-ahn). A young and self-made recording artist/musician who has no formal training in music what so ever. Pieces are created merely through the creative process of "intuition" and purely "impromptuous". On the spot!

I have been performing live since the age of 12. From junior high school night of arts to local artist run gallery performances and public festival events.

The instrument to which I master is most commonly known by it's Japanese name: 'koto'. A stringed instrument with its harp-like sound but zither approach to playing, for it lays on the floor. Almost 6ft in length, with silk/nylon/steel blended strings stretched over moveable bridges. My instrument has 21 strings. Tuned to a pentatonic scale of my choice and over 4 octaves available. Since picking up this instrument in 1997 (self-taught) and performing in a variety of venues, I have since released 1 CD "Rhythmic As Melodious" ©2000 and another on the way for release on Feb.14.2oo2 ("Kuan Shi Yin" ©2001 - 2002). In 1998 I also picked up an Egyptian hand drum they call "Tabla", where I would play simultaneously with the 'koto'.

My first instrument though has always been the keyboard! I was first gifted my YAMAHA PSS keyboard at 13. It was an amazing little 49key board for it's day, with on board wav synthesis and pattern editor! Got me all started and inspired for what was to come... During the last years of my highschool life I completed over 8 albums for keyboard composition (1994-1996). And then between 1996 - 2000 compiled enough material to have 6 more completed albums for keyboard (at the time my keyboard was the YAMAHA PSR 620). Very much into electronic music. Alittle bit of Jungle, Trip Hop, Breaks and beats, DnB, Hardcore and Down-Temple influences/driven. I do not use loops nor pre-made samples ever, mainly tap in my own rhythms on the keys and all else. I also sample sounds with "MixManStudio PRO", which I bring into a duo-turntablism approach to mixing and scratching... I sample my own voice from time to time (lack singing ability but use my voice still for giberish as if an instrument rather than for lyrics). Or I would resample to death sounds already produced, etc.

Recently made a huge purchace on a Roland Fantom!!! Amazing is all I can say. Along with all the other posts I have made here on it. *chuckles* It's truly a one of a kind thus far.

Doing what I can as a musician to share all that comes about.

That is what it's all about -- sharing, playing mostly because you love to, but mainly for the listeners enjoyment and satisfaction. I often run jam sessions in my studio appartment. Always collaborating with tons of talented musicians of all walks (mainly the open minded individuals by nature). *wink* Music is my only life. I communicate best through it also. *shrugs*

Please visit my website and indulge your senses wont you? Feed-back means a lot to me too :)

Please take care and be well always all the best!

a friend from a cosmic realm of music,

empress of scorpio

vi_an

www.mp3.com/just_vi_an

Peace out!

Hi,

I'm another Steve; I'm shy enough on the internet not to want to reveal _too_ much about myself (it all comes out anyways, over time).

I'm here because I'm looking for just _one_ music forum, carefully moderated, where the majority stay on-topic, and actually discuss music. I am working hard to achieve this ideal in my own posting behaviour as well (those who stow thrones shouldn't live in grass houses, or something like that).

ANYWAYS my primary existence is in the form of a) my family and b) music, everything else just happens around that to support it, really. Like Bill Cosby, I started out as a child, except I ended up taking piano lessons instead of embarking on a successful, complex career as a comedian. But I still hold on to that child thing, it was really interesting and nothing like it has shown up to compare ever since. I do remember periods of sitting near a very small tube amp listening to early LPs of classical music in my father's office while he tried to write books on philosophy, though.

I will do my best to spend most of my time listening and will remain calm, patient, humble and sincere.

Although I've had over a decade of professional training as a classical pianist, I only came to synths as a musician at the tail-end of the 20th century. Suddenly, after relishing electronic music from "Forbidden Planet" to Herbie Hancock, I figured what the hell, who's going to kill me if I join in for fun? and surprise! -- I'm still here and enjoying every minute of it. Costs a bit more than the monthly CD fix but then again, I think I've finally settled down to my ideal setup so now all I have to do is worry about keeping the knobs, buttons and Panasonic CR2032s in good shape until they sink That Final IV into my arm.

As for gear list, even though I have a good range of stuff I will turn that upside down and list what I _wish_ I had, and you can all tell me why I don't really _need_ the following:

Andromeda

VirusB

Reaktor

Gigasampler

SH32

MS2000

XV5080

Another Nord Modular

My secret to musical happiness consists of the following recipe:

1. Concentrate on as few instruments as possible, and as few patches within those instruments as possible, then program the hell out of them! From the little foot corn did the great wart grow, or something like that.

2. Practice, practice, practice!

3. When you hear Herbie Hancock wanting to go 12-tone serial, spend your time with I-IV-V. When he gets moody and wants to go back to doing Ballades, that's your cue to start doing research and playing with sampled industrial noise. Works every time! [or alternately pick your favorite musical idol and follow the same tack]

4. Even though they both begin with the letter "M," try to avoid mixing money with music, otherwise you'll spend the rest of your life fiddling with the EQ and worrying about why the mix never sounds quite right.

That's me in a nutcase, looking forward to reading around here!

Now, why again shouldn't I be all excited about that SH32? Seems pretty cool to me. Also: no arguments about grooveboxes here. I like 'em just fine and I'm comfortable playing in the lands of ye anciente keyboard as well, so that's the end of it.

Oh -- and I'm eternally grateful to the Japanese for having saved me from ever having to waste money and time trying to live with an American-built car (I live in the USA, but that doesn't mean I have to buy stuff from there!), so I'm a huge fan of Roland, Yamaha, Korg etc. just for that reason alone.

Later,

rt :cool:

[ 02-04-2002: Message edited by: realtrance ]

[ 02-04-2002: Message edited by: realtrance ]

Originally posted by realtrance:

(those who stow thrones shouldn't live in grass houses, or something like that).

The actual quote is "People who get stoned on grass shouldn't throw houses." Make a note of it. ;)

Hello all:

I am an Eric. I have been a keyboard player since I started writing on my father's sheet music at the old upright when I was three. :-) He started me on Bach and Chopin when I was seven. Picked up French horn in junior high and guitar in high school. Started playing in local bands in high school and progressed to playing bar gigs after college. I have played a lot of different styles of music through the years. (once was told to never turn down a gig because I was unfamiliar with it - learned more this way than any other)

Started out professionally on a borrowed Hammond and my first purchased keyboard was an electric Wurlitzer piano. Bought my first synth in '78 or '79 (Mini-Moog). I still have it:-)

In '79 I got into recording with a Teac 3440 recorder, and small mixing board. I used it to record the band demo tapes for new gigs primarily. This got me interested in putting originals down on tape (always had this interest). Played professionally for about thirty years in local bands.

Started assembling a personal studio in '82 and began writing music in earnest. Had some stuff on independant radio here in Colorado in the early eighties and several "background" pieces on TV as recently as last year. Nothing special, but a lot of fun. I have actually made some money doing it.;-) Also spent 13 years in Arizona (Tempe) and 2 years in Southern Cal. Returned back to Colorado a few years back (to be near the grand kids ;-)).

Current equipment: Tascam 1516 mixing board, Alesis power amp, Roland 880V Expanded, Roland A90EX, Trinity, O1W-fd, Wavestation, Karma, D-110, Audity 2000, old HR16,Oberheim drummer, strummer and cyclone; Tascam CD-RW 2000, Tannoy 6.5's, various outboard equipment, mikes etc.

I enjoy reading the posts and will contribute when appropriate. Sorry this is sooooo long but I am older and have had more time on the path. :D Best Regards, the nitecrawler :cool:

Next!

"Time to head down that old Colorado highway pardner."