Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Let's hear it!!! Post your music here!

Thanks brett! :) Jerry Lee is definetly one of my heros. :thu: Back when I was playing on the road with bands I sang a little lead and alot of harmonies. I was sort of like a relief pitcher( giving the lead singers a break) Tunes I sang were (that I can remember): Great Balls of Fire, Stormy Monday, Lets Twist Again, Junco Partner, Hoochie Coochie Man, Outside, Big Jim. Thats what I remember off the top of my melon. These days I'll do them once in a while but Toni is much better at it. :)
"A good mix is subjective to one's cilia." http://hitnmiss.yolasite.com

• 2 weeks later...

Improv I recorded a couple days ago...

CLONKETY CLONK

Hardware

Yamaha MODX7, DX7, PSR-530, MX61/Korg Karma/Ensoniq ESQ-1

Behringer DeepMind12, Model D, Odyssey, 2600/Arturia Keylab MKII 61

Software

Studio One/V Collection 9/Korg Collection 4/Cherry Audio/UVI SonicPass/EW Composer Cloud/Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian/IK Total Studio 3.5 MAX/Roland Cloud

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Improv I recorded a couple days ago...

CLONKETY CLONK

exquisitely beautiful - been listening to this repeatedly - like a foreign language - hoping to learn the patterns, intervals, progressions... any pointers on that appreciated! thanks for posting :2thu:

gig: hammond sk-1 73, neo vent, nord stage 2 76, ancona 34 accordion, cps space station v3

home: steinway m, 1950 hammond c2

Not really my music, but I did a session for Soultone Cymbals a while back. It was a fun hang. I had played with Derrick before, but didn't know the others.

Still, there was a vibe and I think it came out reasonably well, considering we hadn't played together before. From setup to driving off we did the whole thing in about 3 hrs.

[video:youtube]

[video:youtube]

local: Korg Nautilus 73 | Yamaha MODX8

away: GigPerformer

home: Kawai RX-2 | Korg D1 | Roland Fantom X7

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Here's a brief chill-out yet epic action movie trailer soundtrack for your amusement:

It was used as a music bed on the morning show at WBGL in Champaign, IL, this morning.

www.wjwcreative.com

www.linkedin.com/in/wjwilcox

Here's our full last gig, audio only (none of us except the singer are anything close to pretty). The recorder is up on a shelf above the bar, but you can hear and pick out most everything. It's all SK2, the organ is into a vent, then an el capistan (dig. echoplex), the extra voices are right into the self powered speaker. The link is here, about 20 songs there so pick something that looks familiar. https://soundcloud.com/den121961/sets/marleys-03-07-2015/s-3khqL
HammondCV,M3,L101,C6,SK1,xk5,Farfisa Combo Compact,RolandVR09,JX8P,vk09,Sound Canvas,CrumarTraveler1,Rhodes suitcase73,Wurly200,HohnerD6,KorgMS20,CasioCZ-101,Yamaha CP25,TX7,mx61,CasioCZ-101,PX110

• 2 weeks later...

I forgot a mic stand for my Zoom Q3HD recorder, so I used my Gorilapod hanging off one of the wall sconces to get this from last Friday:

Jake

1967 B-3 w/(2) 122's, Nord C1w/Leslie 2101 top, Nord PedalKeys 27, Nord Electro 4D, IK B3X, QSC K12.2, Yamaha reface YC+CS+CP

"It needs a Hammond"

I'm totally impressed Jake. I've never seen anyone play bass and keyboard at the same time. Great sound too!

Jake wins!

Thanks guys! Way back in the Dark Ages (before keyboards that split) I saw a guy do this, and I said "Beats carrying around a Hammond and Leslie on club dates". So, even though the new Electro 5 will split, I don't really need it :)

Jake

1967 B-3 w/(2) 122's, Nord C1w/Leslie 2101 top, Nord PedalKeys 27, Nord Electro 4D, IK B3X, QSC K12.2, Yamaha reface YC+CS+CP

"It needs a Hammond"

Lot's of interesting music. Honestly: a lot of sound improvement would be necessary all over the place to do a decent B grade show. I don't know why that is, but a lot of the IMO wrong digital sounds and IMO unpleasant PA systems would make me pick myself up, switch of the instrument and/or the PA and leave.

T.