Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Let's hear it!!! Post your music here!

www.recordingproject.com has several forums that allow uploading, including a Listening Room, and a Collaborations forum. They also have a radio station for members with over 50 posts. No deep linking allowed for any of these, but you can post the page link here.

www.nowhereradio.com allows you to set up an artist page and use up to 25mb (I think) free. Deep linking and additional storage cost extra. Again, you're allowed to link to your artist page for free.

Daf

I played in an 8 piece horn band. We would often get bored. So...three words:

"Tower of Polka." - Calumet

I just finished (well, missing few things) Artist page at www.onebluemonkey.com , page where you can post your bio, photos, setup, music. For example, Ive posted myself as Jazzosapien, so you can see how it looks like in real. BTW, my music sucks big time! I know there area tons of things to add on, but I need your advice and expertise to see what are your needs and priorities?

Its free of course, and you have plenty of space to use for photos and music. Also you get your own link, like mine www.onebluemonkey.com/jazzosapien

I need your critics to make it better and you are all welcome.

Sincerely

OBM

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by Trill:

Very nice Cydonia, I could only dream of playing ragtime or stride

Excellent,

Greg

Thanks Greg. Interesting that you mention stride, as I didn't know this term, so I'll look into Wikipedia to search what's the difference between it and ragtime. :thu:

By the way, I really like your avatar. :)

Originally posted by garrafon:

Cydonia: How exhausted were you after playing that song that fast?

You really play it that fast? Sounds great.

Here's a little trick (see pic below)... Although that's also the cause of the dozens of little mistakes, but I thought it gave the piece an entertaining feel. ;)

http://www.logis-montifaud.com/images/1_bottle3.jpg

When I go to any of your links to hear your music I get MP3 homepage sorry unable to locate 404 error. I think its because my Norton Antivirus is preventing certain programs from running.

Anyone have any ideas.

I would really like to hear all your music and maybe post a piece or two of my own.

Tony,

I just listened to your Fellows2Trio demoes...really good stuff. What would you call the style? Folky pop maybe? On the It's Time To Run track you've got some organs in the mix. What are you using for your organs? And your piano for that matter? I seem to recall you have the RD-700SX.

Craig

Progressive keyboard CD release.....

After a year and a half of a LOT of hard work and my hard earned money ;) , my CD has been released.

It's in the vein of older Genesis, Yes...etc. with just a touch of pop.

Analogue synths are the focus.

There's pics, audio samples, links, etc at my site....poke around.

http://www.sonicmusic.net

My CD is officially up at CDBaby

http://cdbaby.com/cd/sonicmusic

Cheers!!!

Larry Benigno

Sonic Music

SONIC MUSIC

http://sonicmusic.net

Okay,its time to expose myself for the fraud I really am :D . The band I'm playing with put up a one page site and some demos. Here are some covers, Of Zoot Suit Riot, Get Down Tonight, and Vehicle. I played some basic keys on the the first two and covered the trumpets on Vehicle and sang backing vocals .

Can I use the "I'm just a guitar player who started to learn keys 5 years ago" excuse at least one more time :):rolleyes:

Paul Micheal Band

Don't ask me about the dress code :rolleyes:

Greg

Tony,

I just listened to your Fellows2Trio demoes...really good stuff. What would you call the style? Folky pop maybe? On the It's Time To Run track you've got some organs in the mix. What are you using for your organs? And your piano for that matter? I seem to recall you have the RD-700SX.

Craig

Thanks Craig, I keep asking myself what the heck it's called, I'd say folk/pop would be as close as anything. Both the organ and the piano are from the 700SX. I used the 600 grand piano sound and whatever the first Hammond sound is on the keyboard. I'm not a "techy" person, I just find one I like and go with it. I was just in the process of putting new songs up on myspace. I got two up before the site started to disagree with me. Our cd's will be printed in a few weeks. Take a listen www.myspace.com/fellows2trio

I think that this is the first time I've ever put any music up on this thread. I did this yesterday, it's the second one of these I've done this week. I was asked to do 10 cuts for a library and started on it Monday. My job is to give them 10 cuts @ 2.5 mins of "smooth light generic wallpaper", as they put it. You can copy/paste your butt off to make the 2:30. If you had to write/produce 2:30 of linear music, you wouldn't make any money. As you can hear, I only wrote maybe 24 to 32 bars and paste it all over the place. At 1:15 I paste the whole thing again to make the 2:30. No solos..they want changes with a pleasant melody. That's it. With this type work, just do it, mix it, and move on to the next piece. Commit and let go.On this one, I was going for a Laws/Klugh type vibe. Something you might hear in an elevator. That's the gig... elevator music. Here's a breakdown of the sounds.

Kick/snare - scarbee

hats - clearmountain

crashes - rmx

bass - trilogy

clav - scarbee

perc and nylon gtr - samplecell stuff I'm playing in machfive

rhodes, flute,piano, strings,everything else... - motif es8

here\'s the tune...

Originally posted by gangsu:

Originally posted by linwood:

"smooth light generic wallpaper".

uh-oh
Having been in video production for more than 30 years, I understand the need for music that is "wallpaper." I know a lot of musicians hate doing this kind of thing, but it's really needed. It's also not something everyone can do. You have to hold back on your desire to 'take it somewhere.' A lot of times this music has to be mixed with voice overs that go in and out or crossfade into music of a dfferent mood altogether. We have tons of production music that is totally useless because it is too dynamic. The composers just couldn't hold back from having strong accents, solos or extreme dynamics.

A healthy way to look at it is that production music is to 'real' music like commercial graphic design is to 'real' art. It requires talent to make it, but isn't something that can really stand on it's own or be looked at too intensely.

This is a nice and very useable piece. It also sounds real. A lot of production music uses fakey synthetic orchestral sounds that always sound cheesey. :)

Thanks Steve, I'll take that as a compliment. I've done a bunch of these things. The weirdest title for me that I did for firstcom was original children's tunes. Stuff like you might hear on Sesame St. and I had to get children to sing all of them. I earned my money on that one. Try teaching pre-schoolers songs they've never heard and record it and make the client say..."yes, that's what I wanted". If they don't, you do it again...As sad as it is, I enjoy it. Beats playing in the lounge and I've got something new to write everyday. I'm not too judgmental on the production music I hear either. I know how fast everyone has to work on the low budget stuff. Like yesterday, I did that and two sessions. You know the drill....There's no time to do your best, or money....