Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Let's hear it!!! Post your music here!

• 2 weeks later...
Hello, my name is Dexter Goldberg.

I'm a new RD-800 user and an "old school" digital piano player looking for this all new world of sound/daw etc.

Any advices on the subject are grantly appreciated :)

And here's a video of my trio :

WOW!!!!

great music, thanks for sharing :thu:

Hi,

I had a burst of inspiration last week, so I uploaded a few things to my Soundcloud account:

Ash Tabula Rasa

1) PNG Blues - Recorded on my Yamaha UX-3 acoustic piano. Hybrid between modern jazz and straight blues.

2) Indian Chill- was done entirely on my Yamaha Motif XF-6, recorded in Sonar. Other than the motif drum loop, it is all me playing. This was is also a hybrid- Indian and Western instruments, with a chillout groove.

Hope you like them. But even if you don't, I would appreciate some comments.

Thanks,

Yamaha Motif XF6, Yamaha AN200, Logic Pro X,  Arturia Microbrute, Behringer Model D, Yamaha UX-3 Acoustic Piano, assorted homemade synth modules

Well done, Michael! I liked, followed and commented.

:cool:

"PNG" reminded me of a piece of a film score, a drama, not so much outward action style but perhaps more on the suspense.

"Indian Chill" I love the authentic sitar and percussion with that new twist of an empowered percussion edge and instrumentation added.

:thu:

Thanks Lindaru.

"PNG Blues" (Persona Non Grata)

The opening is a ripoff of the cliche that they use in lots of old movie chase scenes. Lots of unresolved suspended chords.

By the way, this recording was done with my Zoom handheld recorder. Very happy with it.

"Indian Chill" was done entirely on my Motif.

Yamaha Motif XF6, Yamaha AN200, Logic Pro X,  Arturia Microbrute, Behringer Model D, Yamaha UX-3 Acoustic Piano, assorted homemade synth modules

Not really 'my' music, but a decent video of my New Orleans-flavored rock group The SpyBoyz playing Koko Taylor's "Stop Watching Your Enemies."

I'm playing my SK1 into my Casio PX5s and then into my SpaceStation V3. I like my solo pretty much. That final high note sounds a tad thin--I think I need a Ventilator!

Doug Robinson

www.dougrobinson.com

This is from a last minute throw together gig at a small winery where we played mostly holiday tunes. I used the winery's gear (i.e., Yamaha P95? connected to a Fishman stick). I really enjoyed playing with these guys. Hope you like it.

Happy holidays!

[video:youtube]d2E7tTWF0pc

Linwood . . . dreamy, heart warming, beautiful!

:thu:

This is not one of my best, but needed a quick Christmas piece in 2012 for a radio show I was doing then. Recorded on a Cool Pix camera but it is okay for background music with voice over. Now the intro and outro for December shows on "Awesome Insanity Surfers".

Illionth Reprise Of Jingle Bells

Thanks, Dave--listening to your 'Kings" right now--way to take it out there! I'm glad to talk to someone who recognizes the loss of Dave Carpenter. I've played with great bassists before but he was something special, really on it, empathetic, an amazing listener. Made me feel like I was the best pianist and arranger he'd ever worked with which of course I wasn't!

Doug Robinson

www.dougrobinson.com

I really shouldn't be posting this video, because the sound distorts--bad cameraman. Trying to sort out the wav files now, but probably hopeless. THAT HAVING BEEN SAIDit's really pretty cool. Don Grusin on piano; Iraida Noriega on voice, Rick Shlosser on shaker and me on snare. Little Drummer Boy, from my concert Thursday night!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KowMYiGeE_4&feature=youtu.be

Doug Robinson

www.dougrobinson.com